Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-04-2007, 09:20 AM

108 posts, read 399,515 times

Advertisements

Gosh, I am so sorry! I can imagine how you feel now... but think about this, You have tried and tried, YOU didn't give up. And then you got the final answer from her, You did everything you could. So you can't regret of not trying.
I had a very harsh break up years ago (boyfriend of three years). I was feeling terrible for some time. i didn't want to do anything. I felt like life stopped. But, I gave myself time, I got over it and gave myself a chance, and now, looking back, I understand that the breakup was good, it took me to the right direction in my life. And that is why the saying "everything happens for a reason" Is so true!
I wish you the best! Hang in there! Be strong, give yourself some time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-04-2007, 09:28 AM

3,256 posts, read 8,900,644 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torn2pieces View Post
I'm sorry to hear this - She doesn't seem mature enough and gives up to easily.

Keep your chin up - Know you have tried and that's all you can do.

Best Wishes to you -
I'm kinda lost because I am assuming this is a continuation of another thread... but it could be if she's pretty young, she just doesn't want to have to deal with trying to work things out.

Old 10-04-2007, 10:31 AM

223 posts, read 694,132 times
thank you everyone for your thoughts and wishes.

I went to work last night for like 20 minutes, talked to a good friend of mine about the whole thing, and then asked my boss if I could leave. I went to the beach and tried to sort out my thoughts... and basically asked God what the hell he is doing with my life.

I got home (parents home), posted this thread, and then tried to lay down and get some rest.

she called me about 1 am. she was out of cigarettes and thought i had the truck. I had a full pack on the counter so i offered to come down and smoke a few with her, and im glad i did. She had taken 3 Vicoden. She said she wanted to kill the pain (emotional). she was also hoping it would help her sleep, but they weren't.

I tucked her into bed, layed down with her, and held her. She made me promise I didn't hate her. She also said she's not trying to confuse me, but I am the only one she has, and that I am her best friend. I said I love her, and that i will always love her, and be her best friend, and be the one who jumps to help her at her first phone call.
I know i sound like a doormat, but I love her, she is the one for me, and my commitment will not cease because of a divorce.

I still have hope that i could, possibly, win her back. I will not give up on that hope, but I will not dilude myself into thinking that it's a sure thing. I also have to be careful not to make her push me away even more.

Ive just got to take it one day at a time.

oh and Im still going to therapy on my own. I need someone to keep me grounded.

Last edited by thelostsouls; 10-04-2007 at 10:47 AM.. Reason: extra info

Old 10-04-2007, 11:05 AM

788 posts, read 2,111,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thelostsouls View Post
thank you everyone for your thoughts and wishes.

I went to work last night for like 20 minutes, talked to a good friend of mine about the whole thing, and then asked my boss if I could leave. I went to the beach and tried to sort out my thoughts... and basically asked God what the hell he is doing with my life.

I got home (parents home), posted this thread, and then tried to lay down and get some rest.

she called me about 1 am. she was out of cigarettes and thought i had the truck. I had a full pack on the counter so i offered to come down and smoke a few with her, and im glad i did. She had taken 3 Vicoden. She said she wanted to kill the pain (emotional). she was also hoping it would help her sleep, but they weren't.

I tucked her into bed, layed down with her, and held her. She made me promise I didn't hate her. She also said she's not trying to confuse me, but I am the only one she has, and that I am her best friend. I said I love her, and that i will always love her, and be her best friend, and be the one who jumps to help her at her first phone call.
I know i sound like a doormat, but I love her, she is the one for me, and my commitment will not cease because of a divorce.

I still have hope that i could, possibly, win her back. I will not give up on that hope, but I will not dilude myself into thinking that it's a sure thing. I also have to be careful not to make her push me away even more.

Ive just got to take it one day at a time.

oh and Im still going to therapy on my own. I need someone to keep me grounded.

In the end you have to follow your heart - no matter what we all may tell you. On one had you'll never have to worry about the what ifs - but you are also opening yourself up to huge pain.

Your wife sounds very, very, very confused and I hope that she is getting some therapy on her own - it may help her grow up.

Love bites sometimes!!

Old 10-04-2007, 03:51 PM

223 posts, read 694,132 times
she's not going to therapy, she says it wont help her. Im going to ask her best friend to try and convince her otherwise, because I think it will help her alot.

We traded in my old truck today and she got herself a really nice car (she works for a car dealership) fully loaded, full safety features, and brand new.

she's moving extremely fast... but that's ok, she's always done that. Look at how fast we got married, =).

i just need to relax, chill out a bit....

Old 10-04-2007, 04:29 PM
cpd

2 posts, read 3,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thelostsouls View Post
She told me today at like 430, and our second marriage counseling session was at 6. she said she wants a divorce. and that's it I guess...
You more than likely did not make enough money for her!

Old 10-04-2007, 04:46 PM

224 posts, read 777,506 times
I think, even though you want to see her so badly, you need to stop bringing her cigarettes or going to see her whenever she calls. I know you want to win her back and do whatever you can to do so, but it seems like she's playing games with you. To me, it seems like she's pushing to see how much you'll jump through hoops for her. She said she wants a divorce. She is refusing counseling, yet she still wants you to be there at the drop of a hat. I'm just afraid that when you start dating again (to someone else, not her, if she truly wants the divorce) she's going to come out in full force jealousy and make things very miserable for you.

This is just a speculation, because i don't know you or her, but I've seen it happen before. You've done so much and I know you are very hurt, and you have every right to be. I just don't want you to hurt yourself more by jumping through her hoops. Now is the time for you to start living for yourself. I would suggest that you still go to counseling, it will help for you to talk about it even if she is not there.

I hope she'll be making the payments on the new car if she's the one driving it.

Old 10-04-2007, 04:46 PM

15,603 posts, read 39,823,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpd View Post
You more than likely did not make enough money for her!
What is up with you and money? Are all women in Il so money hungry? If it was about money I say good ridance!

Old 10-04-2007, 04:48 PM

224 posts, read 777,506 times
NO, all women in IL are not money hungry...speaking personally of course.

Old 10-04-2007, 04:53 PM

15,603 posts, read 39,823,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by taylor400 View Post
NO, all women in IL are not money hungry...speaking personally of course.
I'll take your word for it! But this one seems to talk about nothing but money.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships