Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-21-2012, 04:53 PM

4,380 posts, read 4,450,358 times

Advertisements

I'm allergic to both sulfites and yeast so you rarely drinking is definitely attractive to me. I don't see anything bad on this list, other than not being into sports, but not being an animal person is a deal breaker as I have two dogs that require a great deal of patience and I've noticed non-dog people tend to not have that.

For me, on paper someone can sound great but if they can't make me laugh, then it doesn't matter how awesome you are otherwise. I have the perfect (in my opinion) combination of my dad's dry sense of humor and my mom's sarcasm and I need someone with a compatible sense of humor.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-21-2012, 04:56 PM

1,483 posts, read 3,307,709 times
Your perfect!!

Now, lets tell the truth.

Old 08-21-2012, 06:34 PM

331 posts, read 735,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NWGirl74 View Post
I'm allergic to both sulfites and yeast so you rarely drinking is definitely attractive to me. I don't see anything bad on this list, other than not being into sports, but not being an animal person is a deal breaker as I have two dogs that require a great deal of patience and I've noticed non-dog people tend to not have that.

For me, on paper someone can sound great but if they can't make me laugh, then it doesn't matter how awesome you are otherwise. I have the perfect (in my opinion) combination of my dad's dry sense of humor and my mom's sarcasm and I need someone with a compatible sense of humor.
I have a very British sense of humour

Old 08-21-2012, 06:45 PM

810 posts, read 1,763,155 times
You do sound like a catch and I agree we really should have a pic ;-)

Old 08-21-2012, 06:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lostinca View Post
You do sound like a catch and I agree we really should have a pic ;-)
I've been told by quite a few people in UK that I look like a tanned version of Dane Bowers..he's a Z list celeb in UK. Google him...

I'm light brown skin colour wise, I often get hispanic people in LA asking me for directions.

Old 08-21-2012, 07:12 PM

344 posts, read 396,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SomeBodyUK View Post
Hi, I made this list in an email to a friend in UK of why I think women in the US might like me...ladies please read it, and let me know if I come across as arrogant, and whether any of these qualities in man are attractive to you or a turn off:
  • I'm from UK - many women here like the accent
  • I'm independent - I've shown that I'm an independent and motivated guy by coming to the US on my own. My family never asked me to do a master's degree, I wanted to do it myself.
  • I'm educated, I have a masters degree
  • I don't live with my parents
  • I don't do drugs
  • I have no kids, and I'm good with kids
  • I rarely drink
  • I take care of appearance, I'm 37 but I don't look my age, cos some 37 year old guys look 47!
  • Never been married/divorced
  • I'm not religious - most people here are not religious, and won't go out with somebody who is
  • I have a good relationship with my family. I call them every weeks or so and I go home annually
  • I eat all types of food - no dietary issues
  • I've travelled internationally, and I've eaten all kinds of food
  • I'm down to earth, I'm not full of sh*t. I can laugh at myself
  • I'm not materialistic
  • I'm comfortable being around people people of different backgrounds, white, black, Indian, Jewish, Muslim, Chinese, Korean, Japanese, Hispanic etc.. and I know about their culture.
  • I have a job!
  • I'm ambitious regarding my career and doing something towards achieving my ambition
  • I'm easy to talk to, and I'm talkative myself
  • I actually listen to women when they speak...a lot of guys are just waiting for women to shut up so that they can talk again
  • I'm not really into sports - a lot of guys here watch a lot of sports on TV, and I guess a lot of women hate that
After all that it's basically down to whether she finds me attractive or likes my personality. I don't expect every women to like either or both or any
All those things sound good, but there are a lot of small things, and some things that aren't so small that can torpedo the boat. For example; do you talk loudly? Do you seem nervous? Do you do things such as openly scratch your butt? Do you give women breathing room? Are you always late? Too often do you insist on doing the activities that you want to do? Do you spit? Is there always dirt under your fingernails? Do you anger easily? And that's just for starters. Connecting with any particular person can be a complicated thing.

Old 08-21-2012, 08:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatieGal View Post
All those things sound good, but there are a lot of small things, and some things that aren't so small that can torpedo the boat. For example; do you talk loudly? Do you seem nervous? Do you do things such as openly scratch your butt? Do you give women breathing room? Are you always late? Too often do you insist on doing the activities that you want to do? Do you spit? Is there always dirt under your fingernails? Do you anger easily? And that's just for starters. Connecting with any particular person can be a complicated thing.
I don't talk loudly.
I am not nervous on a date.
I don't scratch anything!
I do give them breathing room...I'm not a stalker type person e.g. I went out 3 weeks ago with somebody, and she never replied to a text I sent her. I waited a few days and tried again. No response...so I'm not gonna bother with her anymore.
I'm open to other activities.
I don't anger easily..

The elusive thing is chemistry

Old 08-21-2012, 11:20 PM

4,078 posts, read 5,414,746 times
I'd be more attracted to the guy if he can admit he comes with flaws too, ya know.. We all do.

I like people who can be Real.

Real means admitting that:

When I roll out of bed, I have major cow licks in my hair, and not the best looking with ultra bad breath before I fix up breakfast in the morning.

I secretly used to watch Oprah.

I have a fascination for ___ blah, blah, etc., etc. (even if it does not look good on paper).

Authenticity, baby!

Old 08-22-2012, 10:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kat949 View Post
I'd be more attracted to the guy if he can admit he comes with flaws too, ya know.. We all do.

I like people who can be Real.

Real means admitting that:

When I roll out of bed, I have major cow licks in my hair, and not the best looking with ultra bad breath before I fix up breakfast in the morning.

I secretly used to watch Oprah.

I have a fascination for ___ blah, blah, etc., etc. (even if it does not look good on paper).

Authenticity, baby!
I've seen every single episode of Sex and the City - and both movies. - and I'm not gay!
I love history, I watched a documentary about the Romans last night.
I don't know the first thing about cars, I have no interest in them and I can't even change a tyre!
I grew up reading comic books and I still occasionally get graphic novels from the library.
I'm a bit of a nerd sometimes

Old 08-22-2012, 11:37 AM

110 posts, read 281,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SomeBodyUK View Post
Shizuka - Japanese food is not foreign to me at all, I know it very well...living in LA I get to eat a lot of it, and I go to eat at genuine Japanese places run by Japanese people..I don't know where you are located, but in Los Angeles a lot of "Japanese" places are run by Koreans and I avoid them!

I'm not trying to sound arrogant by saying I know stuff about various cultures..I'm trying to say I have an awareness of them. I've met plenty of people who are clueless about many cultures...trust me, I get asked dumb questions about Indian and British cultures very often.

I've been to eat Japanese food with Japanese people many times...I like Hiyayako, ramen, gyoza, soba, sushi, sashimi and tempura. Not a fan of takoyaki or shabu shabu..I find them a bit bland. I don't like Japanese curries, I was raised on Indian curries and Japanese ones taste a bit "off" & to me. I think some of them are a bit too sweet. I also like some of the snacks like Nori ten. I like onigiri with salmon in it

I'm not a momma's boy BTW, my mother lives a few thousand miles away and has no bearing on my day to day life

Regarding drinking, well the reason I drink rarely is because I have to drive everywhere and I don't want to get a ticket! If I'm not driving then I drink a lot! I used to drink a lot when I used to live in London because I could take underground trains everywhere.

Trust me. The "authentic" Japanese food run by Japanese people you eat outside Japan whether in LA or wherever is nowhere as good as what we have here in Japan. Most of the Japanese food overseas are "downgraded" to suit the American or Western flavor.
It's just like how American foods here in Japan would be different in taste compare to the ones serve in US. But then again, let's not lecture about food in here. lol.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships