Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-15-2012, 04:37 PM

28,895 posts, read 54,131,185 times

Advertisements

This has been done to death, but once again:

A guy who calls himself a Nice Guy, isn't really a Nice Guy, but a weak and timid person who lacks either the self-confidence or the fundamental sangfroid to grow a backbone. The self-termed Nice Guy is dateless not because women want Bad Boys, but because they dress like they're 65 before their time, don't take care of themselves, don't assert themselves, and treat women as if they were Ming vases.

That's why. So quick calling yourself a Nice Guy. It's nothing more than a lame rationalization. Man up. Flip through an issue of GQ to learn how you should dress. Stop hiding in the corner at parties with no one to talk to but the ficus tree. And act as if you have a pair of balls already. None of these things prevent you from being nice, which women like. They prevent you from being a Nice Guy, which women despise.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-15-2012, 08:28 PM

14,725 posts, read 33,355,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpg35223 View Post
This has been done to death, but once again:

A guy who calls himself a Nice Guy, isn't really a Nice Guy, but a weak and timid person who lacks either the self-confidence or the fundamental sangfroid to grow a backbone. The self-termed Nice Guy is dateless not because women want Bad Boys, but because they dress like they're 65 before their time, don't take care of themselves, don't assert themselves, and treat women as if they were Ming vases.

That's why. So quick calling yourself a Nice Guy. It's nothing more than a lame rationalization. Man up. Flip through an issue of GQ to learn how you should dress. Stop hiding in the corner at parties with no one to talk to but the ficus tree. And act as if you have a pair of balls already. None of these things prevent you from being nice, which women like. They prevent you from being a Nice Guy, which women despise.
cpg, the last paragraph sounds like the coaching Ryan Gosling gives Steve Carell in "Crazy, Stupid Love." No, no, I didn't pay for the movie ticket. It was one of the few movies I watched on my video monitor on a long-term flight.

Old 08-15-2012, 09:09 PM

8,309 posts, read 38,764,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by missclinks View Post
Nice guys have to find a woman who recognizes their worth.
...and the roadmap to NOT finding a woman who recognizes a nice guy's worth is to become bitter and think of oneself as an average frustrated chump.

Old 08-15-2012, 09:26 PM

4,287 posts, read 8,025,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertpolyglot View Post
cpg, the last paragraph sounds like the coaching Ryan Gosling gives Steve Carell in "Crazy, Stupid Love." No, no, I didn't pay for the movie ticket. It was one of the few movies I watched on my video monitor on a long-term flight.
It was a good movie, though.

(caught it on HBO & Redboxed it later for a friend)

Old 08-16-2012, 12:22 AM

4,698 posts, read 4,069,915 times
I will say, nice guys finish first. I am a nice guy and I get girls. I also know other nice guys who do really well. Don't forget that not all players are jerks. There are many players who respect women and their own friends.

Don't believe me? Who are in stable relationships with great women? Who end up poor with a unstable woman. Sure, jerks/jocks can have sex earlier with hot girls, but those girls lacks values and will not remain hot. Many of these relationships lack substance and they will end up miserable together.

Old 08-16-2012, 12:27 AM

15,080 posts, read 20,464,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lpfan921 View Post
Do Nice Guys finish Last or First?
Second.

[but you can still win a championship that way]

Old 08-16-2012, 12:36 AM

9,984 posts, read 10,387,780 times
Without getting into detail, the answer is dead last assuming you have no standards and still come up empty.

Old 08-16-2012, 12:48 AM

19,112 posts, read 30,615,755 times
Yep. Nice guys finish last because every single woman on this earth is married to a hunky rich guy with a criminal past. Every one. All the women who aren't married are obese single Moms with 9 kids by 10 different guys and they also want those hunky rich guys who drive Mercedes and will finance their love for gold plated diaphragms and Cristal every night.

All the other poor nice guys are perfect in every single way, so why should they take a good, hard look at themselves and figure out why they're not getting the women they want? They deserve a supermodel nympho too, even if they have absolutely nothing to bring to the relationship! They're niiiiice!

Women are robots where you drop in niceness tokens and sex drops out! Those stupid women just don't realize it yet, I keep telling them that and calling them names for not giving me the time of day but they still won't sleep with me!

Old 08-16-2012, 12:58 AM

9,984 posts, read 10,387,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
Yep. Nice guys finish last because every single woman on this earth is married to a hunky rich guy with a criminal past. Every one. All the women who aren't married are obese single Moms with 9 kids by 10 different guys and they also want those hunky rich guys who drive Mercedes and will finance their love for gold plated diaphragms and Cristal every night.

All the other poor nice guys are perfect in every single way, so why should they take a good, hard look at themselves and figure out why they're not getting the women they want? They deserve a supermodel nympho too, even if they have absolutely nothing to bring to the relationship! They're niiiiice!

Women are robots where you drop in niceness tokens and sex drops out! Those stupid women just don't realize it yet, I keep telling them that and calling them names for not giving me the time of day but they still won't sleep with me!
First off people with criminal pasts are rarely rich. They may be hunky, but that doesn't last and then they just have the criminal past which is generally unappealing esp. if the criminal past involves DUIs and they are not allowed to drive.

Secondly the obese single moms with 9 kids tend to take whomever, thus why there are 9 kids with ten different guys (all of whom just happen to have massive child support arrears). I am pretty sure even nice guys with no otherwise discernible standards will not touch that hot mess with a 20 foot poll.

As to the "rich guys" they are most likely in debt up to their eyeballs and living off of home equity loans to create the illusion of the perfect life, this I could see causing some unwarranted frustration.

As to nice guys I think it is not so much about deserving a super model as it is about them scratching their heads when the hear on the 11 o'clock news that a local man shot his girlfriend at their nearby apartment complex after a long history of abuse over the course of a 3 year relationship.

Old 08-16-2012, 12:59 AM

4,698 posts, read 4,069,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post

In general jerks become poorer than nice guys, hence your post do not make much sense.

Take a look at the mean jerks you knew in high school, and see where they are today. They are not doing that well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships