Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-15-2012, 07:05 PM

24,544 posts, read 56,060,466 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
What makes you think she is free and interested in ****ing a stranger? Chances are extremely slim. God. How depressing and nauseating it must be to be married, in a relationship or simply not looking and STILL have to put up with disrespectful men you don't know asking you for sex when you are just trying to have some time alone. It makes me envy my mother's generation when you could go about your business without being solicited like a prostitute. Barf.
Don't be fooled. Those old fashioned gents wanted the same thing, and indeed asked for it - they just did it with more poetry.

1940 - 'Darling, come back to my place and I will ravish you, make love to you like no man has made love to a woman before! And then when it's over, you can awake, as if from a pleasant slumber, and melt as you recall the memory of the blissful experience. I shall have to bid bitter adieu, my sweet, but by this experience you shall remember me'

2012- 'Hey I think you're doable, you wanna ****? I only got one hour, so we gotta be quick.'

Heck I wonder if the first wouldn't work on half of the modern women these days .

Sometimes it's about how you say it.

Not that I'm encouraging the OP. Not preaching either. He should do anything that is legal, and respectful, but of course it might not end well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-15-2012, 07:08 PM

1,119 posts, read 1,371,109 times
just do it! You do not need our permission

Old 08-15-2012, 07:13 PM

3,703 posts, read 3,778,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
Does anyone else find this thread popping up by a complete newbie kind of funny in light of what's been discussed in some other threads???

Anyway - that would totally work on me if I was a prostitute. Otherwise, I can't recall a single time in my life when I thought - I'd really like to sleep with someone that thinks I'm so hot that he only wants to use me for sex. But that's just me. Maybe this woman is into that sort of thing.
Nailed it!

Old 08-15-2012, 07:14 PM

12,585 posts, read 16,952,831 times
Default What's wrong with being brutally honest with a woman?

Before I answer your question... Answer me this...

"what's wrong with petting a loin on the privates?"

Old 08-15-2012, 07:15 PM

102,210 posts, read 107,904,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
Don't be fooled. Those old fashioned gents wanted the same thing, and indeed asked for it - they just did it with more poetry.

1940 - 'Darling, come back to my place and I will ravish you, make love to you like no man has made love to a woman before! And then when it's over, you can awake, as if from a pleasant slumber, and melt as you recall the memory of the blissful experience. I shall have to bid bitter adieu, my sweet, but by this experience you shall remember me'
Tri, I think you're channeling Gone With The Wind, which was back in the 1800's. I saw in a movie set during the flapper era (20's?) that men would just grab at women. I read that in the Victorian era, all a guy had to do to get a quick one was to give a passing woman "the stare" (the "I want to ravish you" creepy stare), and if the woman was game, she'd follow him to his place, no words necessary. Ah, those were the days! I can here some guys saying. Not even the need for a pick-up line!

Old 08-15-2012, 07:20 PM

24,544 posts, read 56,060,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Tri, I think you're channeling Gone With The Wind, which was back in the 1800's. I saw in a movie set during the flapper era (20's?) that men would just grab at women. I read that in the Victorian era, all a guy had to do to get a quick one was to give a passing woman "the stare" (the "I want to ravish you" creepy stare), and if the woman was game, she'd follow him to his place, no words necessary. Ah, those were the days! I can here some guys saying. Not even the need for a pick-up line!
I think the behaviour of a lot of leading men in those old movies would disturb a lot of young feminists.

It often happened like this: women being hysterical (cos they can't see logic, see), man slaps her, placates her, grabs her roughly and seduces her into submission.

Old 08-15-2012, 07:50 PM

1,259 posts, read 1,836,027 times
I'm a woman and I say be honest. Why should I be offended? If you are disrespectful with your question I would let you know. Although, I must admit any offer brought to me that way would be turned down. Id get a good laugh out of it though. But hey, some other woman may roll with it.

I have to get to know a guy first bc in this world today you could be some psychopath. I make guys get STD checks before I sleep with them. I have to see the results before I sleep with a guy. I have only had 4 partners and none of them complained about my rules. I also took a test and shared my results with them. I also do a pretty good search on them. You got nothing to hide, you should not care. No time to be alone in bed with some clean cut looking guy who winds up being the next "Craigslist killer".

Old 08-15-2012, 07:53 PM

48,525 posts, read 34,851,331 times
Nothing wrong with being brutally honest with women, as long as you don't mind them being brutally honest with you.

Old 08-15-2012, 07:54 PM

1,259 posts, read 1,836,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
Nothing wrong with being brutally honest with women, as long as you don't mind them being brutally honest with you.
True dat.

Old 08-15-2012, 07:59 PM

15,013 posts, read 21,652,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
Please to explain how this is being brutally honest and direct. Being vague about your intentions and lying to her is pretty much the opposite of that.
Yes.

Try it but use the word "sex". That would be honest.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships