Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-19-2012, 03:56 PM

5,347 posts, read 7,198,499 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaoistDude View Post
Really, it does NOT matter. You can tell from a person's personality and attitudes if they are compatible. I think it only matters to the biased and insecure people, who have no other way to evaluate a person's compatibility now. It matters to people who want to be judgmental about some characteristic that really doesn't matter, just like racists who care about skin color and deem only theirs "superior."

All that really matters is that they are presently healthy physically, and emotionally, and able to relate to me in the ways that I am seeking for a relationship.

If it didn't matter men wouldn't feel the need add to their number and women wouldn't feel the need to subtract. In a perfect world people wouldn't want it to matter but in reality to most people it does.

I do however agree a lot of people are insecure and it plays a role in this
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-19-2012, 04:21 PM

22,333 posts, read 29,421,443 times
I don't understand whats the big deal here?? I mean seriously who cares?? As long as they rock your world and don't cheat on you it shouldn't matter..Good God there's more serious things to worry about than how many dycks I've had..

Old 08-19-2012, 06:03 PM

417 posts, read 824,930 times
don't ask don't tell. as long as they have a clean bill of health the rest is irrelevant.

Old 08-20-2012, 10:11 AM

1,503 posts, read 1,856,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by usamathman View Post
Does the persons sexual history (number of sexual partners) matter when considering MARRIAGE or LONG TERM RELATIONSHIP?

If you answer yes......How many partners would you say are too much?
I can't really say. I was with 5 men total before my husband and I started dating, and one WAS my husband (we lost our virginity to each other in high school when we dated the first time) and his number is about the same - we're very open about such things, and I have no reason to suspect otherwise.

I guess it would depend on the situation. If he's never been married, and it appears he beds another woman every 2 weeks, I'd question his ability to commit...but a 30 year old who is a virgin would also throw up red flags!

In either case they might pass my test, but they'd be coming in with strikes against them.

Old 02-24-2016, 08:04 PM

510 posts, read 716,497 times
Maybe not the first person to post this joke, but will anyhow

The definition of someone who is promiscuous:

Someone who has had more sex partners than you have!

(told to me by professor from the Center for Disease Control who was in the field of STDs)

Old 02-25-2016, 06:52 AM

854 posts, read 585,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BradPiff View Post
If it didn't matter men wouldn't feel the need add to their number and women wouldn't feel the need to subtract. In a perfect world people wouldn't want it to matter but in reality to most people it does.

I do however agree a lot of people are insecure and it plays a role in this

I have never had a guy I was dating ask me and so have never had cause to lie.

I think it matters more in some areas/cultures than others. I saw a study that claimed that in areas where women's salaries are higher or almost equal to men's, the culture is less sexually conservative. The evo-psych theory they posited for this was that other people don't want to be left picking up the tab for women's bad decisions (i.e. unwanted children).

Old 02-29-2016, 07:39 PM

613 posts, read 360,459 times
Dont ask dont tell the risk is there one side will get insecure since the mileage will vary.

Old 03-01-2016, 10:52 AM

1,423 posts, read 1,394,006 times
A recent hook up revealed her number during a drunken episode. 15 guys (including me) on 20 years, and during 10 of those years she was married.

That leads me to count, and I was almost over 60. So who am I to judge?

I think the number is just that...a number. You look up for fidelity and stability.

You cannot judge anybody because of the past.

Old 03-01-2016, 01:01 PM

613 posts, read 360,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skywalker2014 View Post
A recent hook up revealed her number during a drunken episode. 15 guys (including me) on 20 years, and during 10 of those years she was married.

That leads me to count, and I was almost over 60. So who am I to judge?

I think the number is just that...a number. You look up for fidelity and stability.

You cannot judge anybody because of the past.
My only issue is - doesnt the higher number of sexual partners cheapen the current experience you might be having with someone? How special is that is you had sex with that many people? Sure it can feel great and be explosive and all, but at the end of the day if you were exchanging body fluids, touching sweating bodies, letting so many people inside you, how does that suppose to bring relationship to be special with that special someone - only because its with them? Unless you say ok sex is just sex then fine, but for some people being that physical is an intimate experience.

Old 03-01-2016, 02:22 PM

1,038 posts, read 902,586 times
Counting sexual partners at all is tacky and high school. IMHO.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships