Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-18-2012, 12:32 PM

2,427 posts, read 3,983,480 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow Jacket View Post
It's foolish to put words in somebody's mouth. I'm not defending their posts at all but it's obvious that they don't think feminism as a whole is just that. Then again, I try not to think like an imbecile so I won't make an all-sweeping assumption based on one sentence.
lol! i have a lot more than one sentence to go on. let's take a look at the video tape:

bicoastal coughs up this gem:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bicoastal10 View Post
No, you don't like it because it now removes any control women have when it comes to having a kid.
which you see fit to ignore, but then call srjth childish for this relatively benign response:

Quote:
Originally Posted by srjth View Post
It doesn't exist yet so, nyah. :P

moreover, you somehow overlook the ignorant hyperbole in the two posts below, but manage to commend them for being "wary", "rightfully so". in fact, you feel their posts display that the are "very mature"

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradPiff View Post
"A male Pill robs women of the option to ensnare men in gotcha pregnancies, and that is a dilution of female power that feminists just won’t tolerate[/b]."
Quote:
Originally Posted by wordlife View Post
Big time game changer, the thought of male birth control is akin to the boogeyman for feminists.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow Jacket View Post
Many men are very wary of unwanted pregnancy and rightfully so because it can ruin your life. Yes, it is very mature for them to be aware of that.

Old 08-18-2012, 12:44 PM

3,963 posts, read 5,694,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OdysseusNY View Post
lol! i have a lot more than one sentence to go on. let's take a look at the video tape:

bicoastal coughs up this gem:

which you see fit to ignore, but then call srjth childish for this relatively benign response:

moreover, you somehow overlook the ignorant hyperbole in the two posts below, but manage to commend them for being "wary", "rightfully so". in fact, you feel their posts display that the are "very mature"
There is no video tape. No you only have one sentence to go on. The posts are only one sentence long. Mind you again you overreact towards me now. I never defended them. I said in my post "Many men", you should know because you're using it. I never said their names or referred directly to them. My post clearly references men in general. What you are doing is trying to put a square peg into a round hole.

Old 08-18-2012, 12:53 PM

442 posts, read 615,227 times
So let's say this does come on the market in 10 years. While some couple do use condoms, in most long term relationships the burden of birth control has always been on the woman...going to the doctor, paying for the medication, dealing with side effects etc. No one really talks about switching the burden around unless you are talking about older people with children where the wife might want her husband to have a vasectomy and he does not wish to do so.

I can't help but think that some men will be concerned about feeling pressured to take a medication, or will feel wronged that their partner wants them to take on the burden of the birth control...when she could worry about it herself. Do I think all men will feel like this...no but I'm sure many will, including some of the men that post here that think there is a woman around every corner waiting to entrap him into fathering a child.

Old 08-18-2012, 01:11 PM

13,511 posts, read 19,276,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FromTN2A2 View Post
Here's my thoughts....they're wasting their time, I'm thinking so what if they develope a pill for men, who says they'll take it?...I'm thinking they won't!

Old 08-18-2012, 01:22 PM

5,347 posts, read 7,198,499 times
A man on the male "pill" knows that if his girl gets pregnant, she has definitely been cheating on him. No more guys thinking their significant other or any other random girl they slept with is automatically pregnant by him. Also less chance for men to be raising kids that arent theirs. But honestly it overall would be beneficial to everyone, less unwanted pregnancies is a first. Won't be awhile before we see it. When it comes out however, it will be a watershed moment in human history

Old 08-18-2012, 01:38 PM

2,427 posts, read 3,983,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by purehuman View Post
Here's my thoughts....they're wasting their time, I'm thinking so what if they develope a pill for men, who says they'll take it?...I'm thinking they won't!
actually i think the market would be huge. and i'm sure they did their market research before investing the money into research

i can certainly see taking it myself, barring some strong side effect

one of my buddies has a GF who can't take the pill due to side effects. another one of my buddies loves to play "just the tip". both are prime candidates

plenty of men would have a reason to take it

Old 08-18-2012, 01:48 PM

15,714 posts, read 21,067,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BradPiff View Post
A man on the male "pill" knows that if his girl gets pregnant, she has definitely been cheating on him. No more guys thinking their significant other or any other random girl they slept with is automatically pregnant by him. Also less chance for men to be raising kids that arent theirs. But honestly it overall would be beneficial to everyone, less unwanted pregnancies is a first. Won't be awhile before we see it. When it comes out however, it will be a watershed moment in human history
NOTHING is 100% effective against preventing pregnancy except for abstinence.

Men should keep that in mind if/when this pill ever comes on the market.

Old 08-18-2012, 01:49 PM

52,249 posts, read 52,655,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by *Sixy* View Post

I kinda of thought of doing the snip job....

Old 08-18-2012, 01:51 PM

15,714 posts, read 21,067,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
I kinda of thought of doing the snip job....
You know I still worry about that! Even though he has been snipped, if I know I'm ovulating and we've had sex, I get a little anxious waiting for my period to show.

Old 08-18-2012, 02:00 PM

29,744 posts, read 34,376,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by *Sixy* View Post

Exactly, so as with the pill for women, failure doesn't mean infidelity. There could be user error, or reaction with another medication, etc.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships