Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-18-2012, 11:33 AM

11,865 posts, read 16,998,989 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by OdysseusNY View Post
don't really agree on the tone here. plenty of women are retarded when it comes to BC as well

also, would you trust a man who couldn't take a pill every day to properly put on a condom while fumbling around in the dark after two margaritas?

any intelligent straight man has already considered the same things you list here as they apply to his partners and female birth control.

there's a nice middle ground between naivety and the "derp derp women are out to trick me into inseminating them" nonsense that is floating around in this thread
I think you're reading too much into it. There was no tone.

I'm simply saying that having been on the pill for a while myself, I know how easy it is to make a mistake. I certainly wouldn't trust anyone else to be perfect (man or woman).

Old 08-18-2012, 11:37 AM

2,427 posts, read 3,983,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spinx View Post
Quote:
Don't know if I could trust a guy to do all that.
maybe a little bit of tone

anyway it's a valid point, i certainly have had the exact same thing run through my head about certain women i was sleeping with. usually if i couldn't trust them to take their pill properly there wasn't much staying power in the arrangement overall

Old 08-18-2012, 11:38 AM

17,869 posts, read 20,992,952 times
Quote:

I'm simply saying that having been on the pill for a while myself, I know how easy it is to make a mistake. I certainly wouldn't trust anyone else to be perfect (man or woman).
You have to take a pill every day at the same time everyday.

That's not as easy as it sounds. Though I was lucky with a few exes who went bonkers if they felt like they were going to miss another pill pop lol.

Old 08-18-2012, 11:49 AM

11,865 posts, read 16,998,989 times
Quote:
maybe a little bit of tone

anyway it's a valid point, i certainly have had the exact same thing run through my head about certain women i was sleeping with. usually if i couldn't trust them to take their pill properly there wasn't much staying power in the arrangement overall
No really, no tone. It was a statement of fact.

As for the condom thing, if he's too drunk to put it on properly, I am well versed and don't mind lending a hand, etc.

Old 08-18-2012, 11:59 AM

3,963 posts, read 5,694,681 times
Quote:
folks are imagining pregnancy traps around every corner and you call her childish? so reducing feminism to some conspiracy to turn our precious bodily fluids into unwanted babes is mature?
You are clearly overreacting. Many men are very wary of unwanted pregnancy and rightfully so because it can ruin your life. Yes, it is very mature for them to be aware of that.

Old 08-18-2012, 12:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow Jacket View Post
You are clearly overreacting.
you're the one who called someone immature over a silly joke with a smiley

Quote:
Yes, it is very mature for them to be aware of that.
yeah, pretty much wisdom central in this thread. as quoted below

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradPiff View Post
"A male Pill robs women of the option to ensnare men in gotcha pregnancies, and that is a dilution of female power that feminists just won’t tolerate[/b]."
Quote:
Originally Posted by wordlife View Post
Big time game changer, the thought of male birth control is akin to the boogeyman for feminists.
"dilution of female power" lol and i'm overreacting

Old 08-18-2012, 12:10 PM

Quote:
you're the one who called someone immature over a silly joke with a smiley
Yes indeed because it's true. Answering a fair point with snide remark due to the lack of a legitimate answer. however who said feminism was being REDUCED to just that. You are overreacting. Last time I checked, nobody said that feminism is ONLY such and such.

Old 08-18-2012, 12:14 PM

Quote:
Yes indeed because it's true however who said feminism was being REDUCED to just that. You are overreacting. Last time I checked, nobody said that feminism is ONLY such and such.
by making such ridiculous hyperbolic statements they reduce it

we all read subtext. it's foolish to cling to only what is said by the most literal reading possible

but by all means, keep defending those two posts. that itself provides a lot of subtext. a world of feminist boogiemen and snares

Old 08-18-2012, 12:20 PM

Quote:
by making such ridiculous hyperbolic statements they reduce it

we all read subtext. it's foolish to cling to only what is said by the most literal reading possible

but by all means, keep defending those two posts. that itself provides a lot of subtext. a world of feminist boogiemen and snares
It's foolish to put words in somebody's mouth. I'm not defending their posts at all but it's obvious that they don't think feminism as a whole is just that. Then again, I try not to think like an imbecile so I won't make an all-sweeping assumption based on one sentence.

Old 08-18-2012, 12:31 PM

1,259 posts, read 1,835,746 times
Boy oh boy did I start something by creating this thread. Some sad comments being thrown around out here. But wouldn't be C-D without them of course

Good thing there is also a lot of common sense being posted here too. Regardless, this thread has certainly enlightened me as well as reinforced some of my beliefs on this issue.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships