Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-18-2012, 08:49 AM

18,836 posts, read 37,347,105 times

Advertisements

Games. Adults don't play this type of BS. Everyone grow up.

Glad I don't play these games. Call me, I call you back. Don't call me, I assume you are busy. I call you when I want to talk to you. Keeping it simple.

Old 08-18-2012, 10:03 AM

26,142 posts, read 31,176,077 times
TVSG you are a hermit and have some significant social and relationship development issues on a whole other reservation than a good chunk of the population with both women and men. You have been essentially making the same thread over and over and over and over again for years now.

One issue that stands out is you spend a lot of time alone pining away over dating and have no other social activities in your life or simply friends which make demands on your time. You are obsessive and if you think a woman can't feel that through what you do and even the tone of your voice you would be wrong and it could be the biggest demise of any hope to date on a successful basis. After all this time, don't you think it might be you and not them and maybe it is time for some professional therapy instead of the same redundant post in here day after day? You are driving around without a map and you are going nowhere.

Every post you make about what you are feeling and want to do in these scenerios makes you sound creepier and creepier. I, personally, can't imagine any woman subjected to all your insecurities before you've even met them would feel safe being alone with you.

Old 08-18-2012, 10:05 AM

2,427 posts, read 3,982,492 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
Guys what do you think of this?
usually i have them sign a "Massey pre-date" agreement whereby if we decide mutually to end our involvement, she has to reimburse me for half of the expenses accrued. it's the prenup for the millenium man. surprised you haven't heard of this

Old 08-18-2012, 10:08 AM

22,284 posts, read 21,713,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thursday007 View Post
TVSG you are a hermit and have some significant social and relationship development issues on a whole other reservation than a good chunk of the population with both women and men. You have been essentially making the same thread over and over and over and over again for years now.

One issue that stands out is you spend a lot of time alone pining away over dating and have no other social activities in your life or simply friends which make demands on your time. You are obsessive and if you think a woman can't feel that through what you do and even the tone of your voice you would be wrong and it could be the biggest demise of any hope to date on a successful basis. After all this time, don't you think it might be you and not them and maybe it is time for some professional therapy instead of the same redundant post in here day after day? You are driving around without a map and you are going nowhere.

Every post you make about what you are feeling and want to do in these scenerios makes you sould creepier and creepier. I, personally, can't imagine any woman subjected to all your insecurities before you've even met them would feel safe being alone with you.
Careful, here comes the awkward sexual proposition directed at you...

Old 08-18-2012, 10:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
Careful, here comes the awkward sexual proposition directed at you...
Seen it, heard it and then some. Nothing comes as a surprise with this.

Old 08-18-2012, 10:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OdysseusNY View Post
usually i have them sign a "Massey pre-date" agreement whereby if we decide mutually to end our involvement, she has to reimburse me for half of the expenses accrued. it's the prenup for the millenium man. surprised you haven't heard of this
Odysseus, you need to hang around and read a few more of these gems. At most his monetary investment is bus fare once a year. Except if it's raining, then the date is cancelled per Rule #550-1, subset 4. No one could ever reimburse him for the amount of time he spends searching for dates and finding ways to sabotage them before they happen.

Old 08-18-2012, 10:23 AM

496 posts, read 940,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
Well atleast you agree that she was lying about her father-lol See most girls know that no one will question a sick family member and it's a convenient way out
Well, I would never suspect someone of lying about a sick relative. That's just lower than I think most people would go. However, I would suspect that a date that someone was actually excited about would be a much-needed relief and they would be on top of confirming it. So I do suspect she hasn't confirmed to herself that she is all that excited about it. There's nothing wrong with that, especially for a first date.

RE: Paying and Obligation
Your expectation that you will pay for the date entitles you to nothing. Over and out.

Old 08-18-2012, 10:29 AM

6,126 posts, read 10,104,160 times
Seriously!? It shouldn't be this complicated. How do you handle being in a relationship if you make a first date so complicated? I set up a date with someone then I assume the date is a sure thing. I don't feel the need to call and text that person all week before the date. I really prefer not to as in person and face to face is really the best way to get to know someone. I may confirm with them prior to or I may not. I assume unless I hear otherwise we made a plan and that's that.

You have serious issues if you assume she is lying. If my dad was sick and I was having a rough week I probably would not go into serious details with a stranger prior to our date. I wouldn't want to be creepy and TMI telling a stranger all my troubles. If she didn't like you she didn't have to reply to you at all. You seem to have the attitude women line up dates every night of the week to get free dinner. What crap. A lot of women even offer to split the check on the first date! Gasp! If it's going to break your budget or you expect some kind of compensation for paying for a woman's dinner then maybe you shouldn't be dating. I usually do a drink or coffee for the first date so if the guy offers to pay he won't have to spend a lot of money.

I've been guilty of the same thing - expecting constant contact from someone I'm interested in. But I'm starting to think that's an unreal expectation. In the old days of dating people didn't talk all day everyday. They would make a plan for a date by talking on the phone and then not speak until the date. It's expected that because someone is carrying around a cell phone all the time if they aren't communicating with you they don't like you. Sometimes that's true but sometimes it isn't. Some people don't feel the need to talk and text all day.

Old 08-18-2012, 10:47 AM

2,427 posts, read 3,982,492 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blazejen View Post
Well, I would never suspect someone of lying about a sick relative
as silly as this thread is overall, i wouldn't rule this out

sometimes it just gets ridiculous the way people cancel dates. real "dog ate my homework" type of stuff

Old 08-18-2012, 11:05 AM

6,126 posts, read 10,104,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blazejen View Post
Well, I would never suspect someone of lying about a sick relative. That's just lower than I think most people would go. However, I would suspect that a date that someone was actually excited about would be a much-needed relief and they would be on top of confirming it. So I do suspect she hasn't confirmed to herself that she is all that excited about it. There's nothing wrong with that, especially for a first date.

RE: Paying and Obligation
Your expectation that you will pay for the date entitles you to nothing. Over and out.
I think it depends how they met. If I meet someone online how excited can I really be for the date? If I meet someone in person then yes, I might be really excited but without ever meeting someone there can't be all that many expectations...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships