Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-20-2012, 05:28 PM

810 posts, read 1,763,155 times

Advertisements

I say report her.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-20-2012, 05:32 PM

26,142 posts, read 31,184,275 times
Evil is when you derive pleasure at the misfortune or harm of someone else.

In your case I have a mantra "People like this eventually do themselves in, they don't need your help."

Your desire and obsession to 'help' is cause for concern. You're PO'd - get over it. Look at how much time and energy you've already invested in 'harming' this person. Now, if you are seriously trying to stop a crime that's a whole other issue.

Old 08-20-2012, 05:58 PM

8,011 posts, read 8,207,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thursday007 View Post
Evil is when you derive pleasure at the misfortune or harm of someone else.

In your case I have a mantra "People like this eventually do themselves in, they don't need your help."

Your desire and obsession to 'help' is cause for concern. You're PO'd - get over it. Look at how much time and energy you've already invested in 'harming' this person. Now, if you are seriously trying to stop a crime that's a whole other issue.
Some people need to learn that they can't go around talking behind people's back and ruining their reputation. This women could ruin his life if he let's this continue.

Old 08-20-2012, 06:02 PM

26,699 posts, read 41,737,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ro2113 View Post
Some people need to learn that they can't go around talking behind people's back and ruining their reputation. This women could ruin his life if he let's this continue.
I think the woman has it coming to her. I think the OP should drop the dime to speed up the process.

Old 08-20-2012, 06:22 PM

26,142 posts, read 31,184,275 times
Quote:
Then sue her for slander starting with a cease and desist letter. That would address his specific issues. What he wants to do is some underhanded satisfaction and leads me to believe his story may be overblown. Deal with your own issues directly if such is the case.

Old 08-20-2012, 06:27 PM

15,714 posts, read 21,068,969 times
I'm curious, what line of work are you in and what is she saying about you to threaten your reputation at your job? Is it believable to outsiders? Most people can see right through the kind of behavior she is displaying so they may not be taking any of it seriously.

Old 08-20-2012, 07:26 PM

8,011 posts, read 8,207,175 times
Seems like some cowardly person left me an anonymous rep.

oh please. this is all about his ego being bruised since she broke up with him. Please don't encourage his immature thinking. If what she was doing was so horrible he could just report her to his HR dept. Sticks and stones in other words, man up

I don't know about you but if you think it's perfectly acceptable for people to possibly ruin your career than that's fine but don't expect everyone else to just lie down and take it.

Old 08-20-2012, 07:29 PM

26,699 posts, read 41,737,988 times
Quote:
Seems like some cowardly person left me an anonymous rep.

oh please. this is all about his ego being bruised since she broke up with him. Please don't encourage his immature thinking. If what she was doing was so horrible he could just report her to his HR dept. Sticks and stones in other words, man up

I don't know about you but if you think it's perfectly acceptable for people to possibly ruin your career than that's fine but don't expect everyone else to just lie down and take it.
That rep is the exact chicken thing I expect from some here.

Old 08-20-2012, 07:37 PM

9,394 posts, read 15,691,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thursday007 View Post
Then sue her for slander starting with a cease and desist letter. That would address his specific issues. What he wants to do is some underhanded satisfaction and leads me to believe his story may be overblown. Deal with your own issues directly if such is the case.
this, pretty much. you don't want to report her because you think it's awful that she's committing fraud, you want to report her to bring her life down.

Old 08-20-2012, 08:38 PM

640 posts, read 717,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spinx View Post
You can be the bigger person and make her look like the obsessed, crazy woman... Or you can stoop to her level and become part of the game.
This is fine advice and I agree with it up to a point...but at the point scurrilous accusations become professionally damaging I'd send her ass back to land of wodka and bears. Just IMO...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships