Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-21-2012, 06:14 PM

4,380 posts, read 4,449,875 times

Advertisements

Just echoing the others who've said no to the friend request. I also second looking into Meetup as a way to meet people. I've made a lot of great friends that way.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-21-2012, 06:36 PM

890 posts, read 1,649,466 times
I've done meetup....I've met people, but I havent formed friendships

Old 08-21-2012, 06:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
Because it is hard to say "No, sorry you can't have my number" while you are standing in front of someone. It feels rude to say that to someone's face especially for younger women. (after age 30 we don't give a flip and will just say "Nope, sorry" )

Usually a younger woman will simply give a guy (or girl I guess in this case) a fake number if not interested. But if you have mutual friends (or have acquaintances in common or go to school together, etc) its easier to just give the real number but not response if the person calls.

So if you have called/texted this person once or twice and they have not reciprocated, then they are not interested and its time to move on. The last thing that you want to do is to come across like a stalker (ie sending FB friend requests or Twitter or whatever) because that will get you labeled as creepy.

I was hesitating to add this next part but I think I will just go ahead anyway. Sometimes lesbians have a problem with respecting boundaries of women that they are interested in. No one wants to be stalked. No means no doesn't just apply to man/woman interactions. So if a person does not reciprocate your feelings don't obsess, just drop it and move on.
she hugged and kissed me on the cheek so im confused, but whatever

Old 08-21-2012, 07:11 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,527,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by futureATLien View Post
she hugged and kissed me on the cheek so im confused, but whatever
But that's what we (girls/women) do. It didn't necessarily "mean" anything. Some women are huggers. Some women are hand-holders. Some women are kissers. But the vast majority do it with platonic intent. And also people that have a lot of European friends get used to doing the social kiss (the double-cheek or air kiss) and do it with everyone that they meet as a simple "hello" or "goodbye" greeting. It shouldn't be read as an intimate exchange or as an 'invitation'.

Old 08-21-2012, 08:12 PM

I hug a lot too, sometimes it means something, sometimes it doesnt. It just depends on how it feels

Old 08-26-2012, 07:20 AM

117 posts, read 213,699 times
I'd try the Facebook message first before adding. The thing with Facebook is you really gotta be careful with friend requests. If she outright deletes it, that's a strike against you. Too many declined requests results in Facebook putting a temporary block on you. I think the same goes for having too many pending friend requests outstanding.

Old 08-28-2012, 11:13 AM

1,241 posts, read 1,895,126 times
No. Before you expose someone you just met to everyone else and your life make sure you know a little something about them.

Old 08-28-2012, 03:59 PM

1,639 posts, read 2,201,919 times
I agree with NOT sending her a friend request. You called her, and got no response. You texted her, and got no response.

If she really wanted to get to know you, she would have responded. That's the cold hard truth. I would NOT attempt to make ANY further contact with her.

Old 08-28-2012, 04:12 PM

102,210 posts, read 107,859,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by futureATLien View Post
So I went out with a friend Friday night and met a cute girl at the club. We're from the same state and she's pret ty cool. I found her on facebook and I'm kinda debating added her as a friend. I'd like to get to know her, but I dont want to be creepy about it. I know it's a trivial matter, well kinda but I'm new to the city and I need people to hangout with. Lol.
I say, "yay". Let her know you're new in town, you enjoyed talking to her, ask if she'd like to hang out. You've got nothing to lose. I think it's a great idea. You wouldn't have to do a friend request, you could send her a message. If she doesn't respond, then let it go.

Oh...you called her, AND texted her, and got no response? Well, that puts a little different light on it. idk, I could go either way on this one. Maybe 3rd time's a charm? Or 3rd time's too much. Put it up to a vote, lol!

Last edited by Ruth4Truth; 08-28-2012 at 04:21 PM..

Old 08-30-2012, 03:00 PM

I'm just going to focus on making new friends and tryingto better myself. this seems too stressful and complex
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships