U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-22-2012, 07:13 AM

5,483 posts, read 6,374,583 times

Advertisements

I woke up this morning, thinking about an incident that happened just a couple of months ago, as i was spending time with my ex gf at one of the small summer festivals in chicago. It was a perfect weekend, the music at the festival was really impressive, from solid rock bands on one of the stages to some hip DJs on the other end with a very diverse crowd, in which you would have a pretty hard time finding someone who wasnt having a blast. As we walked by a beer tent, we passed an average looking latina girl, likely few years younger than me, that was standing around and seemingly waiting for someone. As we got closer to her, I felt intensifying jolt of energy and the closer we got the more intense the feeling was. It felt substantially more intense than any chemistry i have ever felt with anyone and this was a complete stranger, whom i wasn't even attracted to much physically.

It felt like what i imagine a shock therapy would, with the scientist behind mirrored glass turning the knob to increase the intensity. By the time I was real close to her, the feeling was so intense that I could barely stop my body from shaking. She noticed it also, because she looked up at me as I was walking by with a little bit of a surprised look in her eyes. It really grabbed my interest because it isn't anything that I have ever experienced in my 37 years of life on this planet. If not for the fact, that I was walking with my girl, I would have surely stopped to investigate because I was really intrigued. As we walked past her, the feeling became less and less intense, little bit at a time.

We then went into a restaurant and this girl followed, and the whole experience repeated itself, as she got closer to me my body started feeling tingly internally and the closer she got the more intense the sensation which i felt. Each step she took, made an incredible difference in the way it felt. Have never seen the girl since, but sometimes wonder what that really was, since it was very unique. I've been often able to discern having chemistry or connection with a woman, but not at an electric shock level of 110 V.

Have you ever experienced anything like that? What do you think of chemistry or connection between two people when they come together? Is there something else at play here, which IM completely missing? Is this some sort of supernatural occurrence that is supposed to tell us something?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-22-2012, 07:15 AM

7,456 posts, read 11,534,725 times
Didn't read your whole post. But I've experienced it. Very powerful, exciting and intense and unlike anything else.
Also unfortunately, rare.......

Old 08-22-2012, 07:35 AM

14,439 posts, read 17,355,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascension2012 View Post
Have you ever experienced anything like that? What do you think of chemistry or connection between two people when they come together? Is there something else at play here, which IM completely missing? Is this some sort of supernatural occurrence that is supposed to tell us something?
Yes!!!

I have experienced it. Love it.

I, too, wonder if others experience it.

Old 08-22-2012, 07:37 AM

2,151 posts, read 2,775,628 times
sure it wasnt from mayo left out in the sun all day?

Old 08-22-2012, 08:13 AM

1,262 posts, read 1,579,593 times
Yes. Mine was with my ex boyfriend and it was just as you described. I was 23 when it happened and had never ever felt it before in my life. We had many ups and downs but he was very much the love of my life then. His looks went completely against the grain of what I was attracted to. Atleast 30 lbs overweight, extremely hairy body, receding hair line BUT he had a laugh and a spirit about him that lit up my world. His eyes were very soft and loving, almost as if when I stared into them deep enough they would show me to his heart..and they did.

The moment I locked eyes with him I knew that I wanted him and that he was someone special for me at that time.

I still love him to this day and he had a tremendous effect on my life in a very positive way. We had our ups and many downs but I have no doubt I would not be where I am today had it not been for him.

I do not believe that I am any longer in love with him, but I will always love him. At that time in our lives we were very meant to be though.

Old 08-22-2012, 08:22 AM

11,679 posts, read 14,420,920 times
I met a man once and was so struck by him that I became weak in the knees, thought I might buckle. We ended up in a relationship for over a year. The feeling never changed. sigh

Old 08-22-2012, 08:34 AM

I was working in sales at the time I meet the lady related to this thread. When you deal with many, many, women a day, obviously your chances of meeting someone like this increase greatly.

Old 08-22-2012, 08:44 AM

27,164 posts, read 29,645,043 times
It has happened to me a couple of times for sure. Once with a coworker. (He was I think 12 years older if I recalled.) I swear we stayed away from each other after that. It was just too much. (I ended up leaving the job a few weeks later)

I can recall another one as well. It was pretty funny because there was loads of chemistry and had an innocent flirtation lasting a few weeks (he had a girlfriend, and broke up with her). We hugged and poof that was it. Totally nothing. It was a flash in the pan.

And right now, I have crush where it is like that. Maybe it will work out. Or maybe it is too intense. I am just not sure. But very surprising, since this feeling is super rare. And this one is much harder, because we actually connected well besides the chemistry. But I think it isn't the right timing. He just seems super busy.

Old 08-22-2012, 08:49 AM

42,675 posts, read 44,262,465 times
Yeah once or twice. It is rare. And it's the greatest feeling.

Old 08-22-2012, 08:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
Or maybe it is too intense.
Its very intense. The other time it happened to me I didn't embrace it for partly that reason.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships