Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-22-2012, 02:43 PM

1,922 posts, read 3,985,992 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pikake View Post
If he's anything like my bachelor friends, he's clueless about domestic stuff. Sometimes I think it is just an act, but it works on me. I washed and folded my friend Burt's clothes at my place because his washer is broken & he acted like he'd just won a couple million .
At least it was at your house. *sigh*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascension2012 View Post
Maybe he just wants someone to make him a sandwich? =)
Oh, i'm so sure.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-22-2012, 02:46 PM

1,503 posts, read 1,856,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nj21 View Post
I have been casually talking to this guy who recently purchased his first house. That's a pretty awesome accomplishment to be a homeowner by the age of 30.

I was talking to him on the phone while he was also working on some shelves. I asked him why is he always working on his house and he replied

"so my place could look like something before I invite you over"

We haven't even been on a date yet! I'm a bit worried now.

I've been thinking it could be either one of these reasons:

1. He wants to sleep with me
2. He could hold me captive in his house
3. Just wants to show me what he has accomplished
4. He wants to sleep with me..
5. He could be a psycho!

I'm mostly thinking a combination of 1 & 4...but then again 2 creeps into my mind...

Now, he didn't exactly invite me over..but we have a date this weekend...getting ice cream or something..

Just 'cause you buy me ice cream don't mean you can get the goodies.
Relax, hun...I think he was just flirting. He said "before I invite you over" not "come over for some coffee and sex".

Old 08-22-2012, 02:53 PM

45,379 posts, read 60,561,367 times
Quote:
I have been casually talking to this guy who recently purchased his first house. That's a pretty awesome accomplishment to be a homeowner by the age of 30.

I was talking to him on the phone while he was also working on some shelves. I asked him why is he always working on his house and he replied

"so my place could look like something before I invite you over"

We haven't even been on a date yet! I'm a bit worried now.

I've been thinking it could be either one of these reasons:

1. He wants to sleep with me
2. He could hold me captive in his house
3. Just wants to show me what he has accomplished
4. He wants to sleep with me..
5. He could be a psycho!

I'm mostly thinking a combination of 1 & 4...but then again 2 creeps into my mind...

Now, he didn't exactly invite me over..but we have a date this weekend...getting ice cream or something..

Just 'cause you buy me ice cream don't mean you can get the goodies.
Assuming you've known him face to face for awhile I go with number 3. If this is an on-line introduction and the first time you'll meet him face to face, not so.

As a male I would also include 1 & 4. Who knows, he might figure he could get lucky. It worked........well, never mind. What goes on the internet stays on the internet.

Old 08-22-2012, 02:59 PM

1,922 posts, read 3,985,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
Assuming you've known him face to face for awhile I go with number 3. If this is an on-line introduction and the first time you'll meet him face to face, not so.

As a male I would also include 1 & 4. Who knows, he might figure he could get lucky. It worked........well, never mind. What goes on the internet stays on the internet.
I failed to mention that we started talking online and haven't met face to face. Does that change everything?

Old 08-22-2012, 03:03 PM

11,864 posts, read 17,000,344 times
Wow. Dramarama.

You know you don't have to go to his house, right?

Don't make things any harder than they have to be.

Old 08-22-2012, 03:06 PM

45,379 posts, read 60,561,367 times
Quote:
I failed to mention that we started talking online and haven't met face to face. Does that change everything?
If that's the case, yes it should change things a bit. He 99.9999% likely was just flirting but you need to have known him for awhile.

Old 08-22-2012, 03:11 PM

15,714 posts, read 21,068,969 times
Quote:
This is a good rule of thumb. I'm not going to his house. Just thought that this guy would be a little different from the other ones. I really liked him! I'm a little disappointed.
Really??? It didn't sound like he was even inviting you over. He said "before I invite you over"...which implies sometime in the future. I guess he likes you enough to consider that might be a possibility at some point.

He's proud of his new "toy" and I'm sure he's just itching to show it off.

Old 08-22-2012, 03:45 PM

5,419 posts, read 9,196,333 times
Maybe he wants a woman's input on decor and furniture. Have you considered that?

Old 08-22-2012, 03:50 PM

8,757 posts, read 9,463,389 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bellakin123 View Post
LMAO...dang, as I was writing my comment, all I thought to myself was, "'It rubs the lotion on its skin then it places it in the basket... or else it gets the hose again!"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascension2012 View Post
Great minds think alike. Just the way OP described the situation made me think of this awesome movie. You know it was based on true story, that took place in a house not too far from where i live, right?
You people are killing me with these SOL references today; a picture and the lotion line were posted in another thread (the netflix one,) earlier in the day, but for some reason I laughed even harder when I saw that pic and word ref this time.

================================================== ============================

To OP, sounds pretty innocent, but without hearing the guys voice inflections and context, it's kind of hard to really judge from what you posted. Believe me, I laugh and joke, but, I don't take it likely having been terrorized by some nut cases in the past. If your gut says sever the ties, then follow your gut instinct. It just didn't sound like from what you posted there was anything sinister lurking in the guy's reply.

Old 08-22-2012, 03:59 PM

1,782 posts, read 2,223,255 times
If I'm on a date and I invite a girl back to my house, it's for sex....always.

Just being honest.

Also, it's never something I joke about.

Captain Jack
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships