Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-07-2013, 10:26 AM

333 posts, read 310,468 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winnerwinnerchickendinner View Post
She has every right to do what she is doing albeit temporarily. You are not a landlord and if you are you too are violating harrassment laws. One question was enough, the landlord is harrassing them if he is not satisfied with the answer. He, the boyfriend or mother should call the police as it has now gone into harassment! That family has rights by law.
I am a landlord and once I got stuck managing in a low income area. The property belongs to the landlord, not you. He has every right to make sure nobody is living there who shouldn't be. If you're too nice you get taken advantage of.

Like I said, Landlords don't harass people just for the hell of it. It sounds like he's on top of your boyfriend's family because they give him reason to.

Old 02-07-2013, 10:26 AM

7 posts, read 4,674 times
Wrong to you. One question, he wasnt satisfiied with answer. You really need to check on harassment laws in your state. Lots of very dumb people here.

Old 02-07-2013, 10:27 AM

7 posts, read 4,674 times
Why do you automatically go there? Look up harrasment/laws/legal Aid.

Old 02-07-2013, 10:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winnerwinnerchickendinner View Post
Wrong to you. One question, he wasnt satisfiied with answer. You really need to check on harassment laws in your state. Lots of very dumb people here.
Wrong. There is no law that says you have to be nice to tenants. If they don't like it, they can move.

Old 02-07-2013, 10:29 AM

1,469 posts, read 1,801,620 times
Call the police and get a restraining order against him or.... follow him to a dark alley and beat the breaks off him and then advise your boyfriend's family to move; if they aren't comfortable living somewhere that they are paying for they need to get out, also report the landlord to the proper authorities so he won't do this again to another person

Old 02-07-2013, 10:34 AM

102,210 posts, read 107,904,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seekingcreativity View Post
follow him to a dark alley and beat the breaks off him
Yeah, that'll work.

Old 02-07-2013, 10:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Yeah, that'll work.

LOL!! Plus it relieves tension and frustration verrrryyyy therapeutic

Old 02-07-2013, 10:47 AM

Quote:
Call the police and get a restraining order against him or.... follow him to a dark alley and beat the breaks off him and then advise your boyfriend's family to move; if they aren't comfortable living somewhere that they are paying for they need to get out, also report the landlord to the proper authorities so he won't do this again to another person
I'm almost going to guarantee you there's some activity going on in there that shouldn't be. Either drugs are being dealt out of there, or a bunch of extra people are/were staying there that shouldn't be there. He would probably get rid of them if he could, but the property is probably in a low income area so he milks it while he can or maybe he's getting a Section 8 check from the government he doesn't want to lose.

Landlords want to make money, they don't want grief. Landlords are very nice when the rent is on time and you don't tear up their property.

Old 02-07-2013, 10:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SevenEleven View Post
I'm almost going to guarantee you there's some activity going on in there that shouldn't be. Either drugs are being dealt out of there, or a bunch of extra people are/were staying there that shouldn't be there. He would probably get rid of them if he could, but the property is probably in a low income area so he milks it while he can or maybe he's getting a Section 8 check from the government he doesn't want to lose.

Landlords want to make money, they don't want grief. Landlords are very nice when the rent is on time and you don't tear up their property.

I have had some great landlords, I'm glad I have not come across any horrible ones. Some are out there, I've heard the stories, landlords coming in watching cable and ordering nasty channels while the family is out for the day at work and school, come home to hardly any food because landlord decides he wants to make something to eat while watching his or her movies. There are horrible landlords out there just like there are horrible tenants out there.

Old 02-07-2013, 10:58 AM

Quote:
I have had some great landlords, I'm glad I have not come across any horrible ones. Some are out there, I've heard the stories, landlords coming in watching cable and ordering nasty channels while the family is out for the day at work and school, come home to hardly any food because landlord decides he wants to make something to eat while watching his or her movies. There are horrible landlords out there just like there are horrible tenants out there.
That is true, but they are in the minority compared to the horrible tenants out there. I got stuck renting out my early childhood apartment (age 1-5) and next door duplex after my grandfather died. It was a working class neighborhood when I was a kid - now it's a bad neighborhood. I had some activity on one of the units ... she was either a prostitute or a drug dealer. She was giving me the pretty eyes wanting to trade sex for rent, but being a landlord I'd rather have the money.

At the end of the day, I couldn't make a go of it because I'm not enough of a penis (I can be, though). I sold it to a professional on a land contract, she couldn't make a go of it. Luckily, one of these property flippers came around and took it off my hands and promptly resold it for almost $100k more ... yes, thanks to the Great Recession, someone took it off of my hands.

My uncle has the same issues - he rents about a dozen houses. He's a nice guy until you give him reason not to be. Then he goes ape sh^t on you.

Last edited by SevenEleven; 02-07-2013 at 11:14 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships