Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-07-2013, 02:57 PM

2,650 posts, read 3,012,284 times

Advertisements

Not being nice is one thing but harassment and intimidation have legal meaning in any state I have ever lived in and as a landlord you do not want to cross this line and pros don't. Every tenant should make a point of familiarizing themselves with their basic rights as a tenant and this goes double for a landlord as they should be familiar not only with their rights as landlords but also their tenants rights as well.

As I said in my first post which occurred before this thread was resurrected from the dead my landlord sense tells me the attentions of the landlord did not fall to this tenant for no reason. It's this kind of thing that led me to giving my rentals to a management company. It might just be the best 10 percent I ever gave up.

There is a lot of misinformation in this thread, some of you might want to consider researching the basics of tenant /landlord rights and responsibilities.

Old 02-07-2013, 03:50 PM

333 posts, read 310,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crabman1 View Post
Not being nice is one thing but harassment and intimidation have legal meaning in any state I have ever lived in and as a landlord you do not want to cross this line and pros don't. Every tenant should make a point of familiarizing themselves with their basic rights as a tenant and this goes double for a landlord as they should be familiar not only with their rights as landlords but also their tenants rights as well.

As I said in my first post which occurred before this thread was resurrected from the dead my landlord sense tells me the attentions of the landlord did not fall to this tenant for no reason. It's this kind of thing that led me to giving my rentals to a management company. It might just be the best 10 percent I ever gave up.

There is a lot of misinformation in this thread, some of you might want to consider researching the basics of tenant /landlord rights and responsibilities.
Correct, but I don't think what happened rises to that level. It was a one time event, and he has probably had trouble with this tenant before.

Now if this was an ongoing proplem, then you might have harassment going on.

Old 02-22-2013, 08:09 PM

7 posts, read 4,674 times
Harrassment laws are abundunt in every state and so can you be recorded on cell. Good luck with your Im smarter than everyone else metalty.

Old 02-22-2013, 08:53 PM

168 posts, read 335,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winnerwinnerchickendinner View Post
Harrassment laws are abundunt in every state and so can you be recorded on cell. Good luck with your Im smarter than everyone else metalty.

The laws differ from state to state with regards to harassment, the only smarter than everyone else mentality I see in this thread is you.

Also you can not record phone conversations in every state, some states require that you tell the person you are recording or else the recording is inadmissible, some states you need both people to agree for the conversation to be recorded.

Also a landlord has every right to know many people are living in a apartment. Some jurisdictions have fire codes on how many people can live in a apartment building. Also there is most likely a lease that the OP boyfriend has signed stating how many people will be staying at the apartment. Sometimes there are variations in who is considered living there, if you spend so X amount of nights a week for X amount of weeks you could be considered living there, doesnt matter what is on your drivers license.

I once lived in a apartment building where couples would have one person sign a lease saying they were the only person living there to get cheaper rent, then have the boyfriend/girlfriend/whoever move in. This kind of thing is illegal and depending on what the laws are regarding this where the OP lives she could be breaking the law.

Old 02-22-2013, 09:18 PM

22,278 posts, read 21,728,906 times
There appears to be a serious shortage of gainful employment in this story.

Old 02-22-2013, 09:23 PM

102,210 posts, read 107,904,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crabman1 View Post
The OP hasn't been back in ages. Not even sure why this thread is in "Relationships", as opposed to Real Estate/rentals.

Old 02-22-2013, 11:28 PM

44,355 posts, read 20,063,008 times
OP flew the coop after making only one post. This thread really isn't about relationships, so it's now closed.
Moderator of Canada (and sub-fora), Illinois (and sub-fora), Indiana (and sub-fora), Caregiving, Community Chat, Fashion & Beauty, Hair Care, Games/Trivia, History, Nature, Non-romantic Relationships, Psychology, Travel, Work & Employment, Writing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships