Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-28-2012, 06:15 PM

14,725 posts, read 33,371,861 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
That doesn't change my point at all. Women hit on you in public, you said. Is there a problem? Just making an observation.
Quality trumps quantity, which is the point I was trying to make ... and the point you were skirting around by NOT quoting my FULL post. Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-28-2012, 06:17 PM

17,869 posts, read 20,996,352 times
Quote:
You really do live in a challenging environment, Froggers. You have my sympathies.
It's not everyone, but those who didn't get pregnant early, or were hooked to a drug early, either left town or married to guys who wasn't into drugs either. Right after highschool.

Weed/heroine and teen pregnancies are a very real problem in this area. The bad thing is, is it's extremely easy to find a dealer. I can ask my step mom, or just talk a walk downtown.

Old 08-28-2012, 06:20 PM

102,210 posts, read 107,904,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertpolyglot View Post
Quality trumps quantity, which is the point I was trying to make ... and the point you were skirting around by NOT quoting my FULL post. Thanks.
You're really reading things into my comment that aren't there. Not arguing about quality trumping quantity. Just making a general observation that women do hit on guys, per this subject that recurs here on thread after thread. This has nothing to do with you personally, or any point you were trying to make. It was a comment addressed to the membership-at-large. Relax.

Old 08-29-2012, 12:12 AM

1,266 posts, read 1,606,739 times
because women keep arguing that men are hunters

Old 08-29-2012, 01:06 PM

6,548 posts, read 7,279,139 times
Quote:
I've known broke guys who get hit on by women in public.
I know of men who hit on women who are fat, physically challenged, etc. See? Men like fat women and physically challenged. Men do not care about a woman's looks.

Old 08-29-2012, 01:07 PM

5,347 posts, read 7,199,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by onihC View Post
I know of men who hit on women who are fat, physically challenged, etc. See? Men like fat women and physically challenged.
Lol

Old 08-30-2012, 11:41 AM

6,548 posts, read 7,279,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BradPiff View Post
Lol

Old 08-30-2012, 11:49 AM

2,628 posts, read 4,610,796 times
I thought it was because men love the chase. So we have to be subtle in our glances. Plus if we started staring hard at a guy, they might think we're nuts or something.

Old 08-30-2012, 12:09 PM

4,187 posts, read 5,159,562 times
Depends, Miss J. The whole romantic idea of the chase is very Western. The hunter and the forlorn lover dates back to early Christian times. Chivalrous love and hopeless love go hand in hand in a lot of the literature of the middle ages, with a knight or squire constantly pursuing and yearning after a faraway maiden. Another reason is the idea that if a woman is too forward, she's too easy or of poor morals, which is a relic of a more misogynistic age as well.

All I can say is that in modern Asia, at least with the Chinese ethnicity, now that women are finally making money and being independent, they are very direct and clear with their interest and their expectations. In parties I attended in Singapore, mostly filled with young working professionals, the first questions to the men in any given conversation was, do you have your own place and how much do you make a year. It's not seen as shallow, because the priorities are more grounded in practical needs and wants as opposed to romanticism. So the whole chase thing is seen as wasting time.

Old 09-08-2012, 05:59 PM

1,266 posts, read 1,606,739 times
why do people always argue that by nature, we guys are more aggressive? well yes we are more aggressive in terms of defense, combat, fighting, just because we are aggressive in that, why does that mean we have to be the aggressors in building/starting a relationship?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships