Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-26-2012, 06:41 PM

3,617 posts, read 3,881,652 times

Advertisements

You can't make a guy stick because except for a few very religious (and probably largely closeted) people modern guys won't stay with a girl who doesn't put out unless they either are in love with her or are in the process of becoming so. That's rare, and unfortunately for you the one case you've had of that happening (7-month dude) you didn't reciprocate.

You can roll however you like and if you're waiting till marriage or whatever that's your prerogative, but it precludes you from casual dating.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-26-2012, 06:42 PM

1,639 posts, read 2,201,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sage Advice View Post
Yes she could have, but he could have walked sooner. Unless she strung him along by repeatedly saying something like "I'll be ready to have sex very soon" and then, of course, not following through then she really didn't do him wrong. The deal was clear from the beginning -- he wasn't going to get any from her.

The real question is why was he so stupid to stick around for 7 months? Once it was clear that she wasn't going to open up he shoulda dropped her like a hot potato. No need to waste 7 months on her...plenty of fish in the sea.
Hmm..true. I suspect that only being a 'fly on the wall' would we know just how her behavior was to him. Her words could have been saying no..but her body language or way she treated him(sensual back rubs or something..heavy petting....lol)might have suggested "eventually".

Or, maybe she didnt say she would NEVER do it, but just that she needs to feel ready. If she didnt say loud and clear that she is NOT having sex until marriage, then that was wrong. If she said something to the effect of, Im a virgin, and i want to take my time to get to know a person, and feel connected..etc.. then THAT is not saying she wont have sex. It makes it sound like she just needs to be ready. So, if he really liked her, he probably didnt mind sticking it out because he felt she was worth it, and probably thought she would feel the same about him. Until the truth hit.

Old 08-26-2012, 07:42 PM

39 posts, read 68,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SummerFall View Post
Hmm..true. I suspect that only being a 'fly on the wall' would we know just how her behavior was to him. Her words could have been saying no..but her body language or way she treated him(sensual back rubs or something..heavy petting....lol)might have suggested "eventually".

Or, maybe she didnt say she would NEVER do it, but just that she needs to feel ready. If she didnt say loud and clear that she is NOT having sex until marriage, then that was wrong. If she said something to the effect of, Im a virgin, and i want to take my time to get to know a person, and feel connected..etc.. then THAT is not saying she wont have sex. It makes it sound like she just needs to be ready. So, if he really liked her, he probably didnt mind sticking it out because he felt she was worth it, and probably thought she would feel the same about him. Until the truth hit.

Yeah, OK, I can see that for a little while. But SEVEN MONTHS??? C'mon...why would someone be so crazy to wait that long? "Needing to feel ready" doesn't take seven months. She wasn't gonna put out, pure and simple. He was NOT a fool to wait to see if she would deliver...he WAS a fool to wait seven months.

He should have waited a couple of months. If she wasn't gonna have sex with him after steady dating for a couple of months, it wasn't gonna happen and he should have said goodbye. Hey, they had some good times together for seven months, enjoyed each other's companionship, etc. etc. But after a while a man's gotta have some action, pure and simple. Good for him for bolting; bad for him for taking so long.

Old 08-26-2012, 08:13 PM

10,172 posts, read 20,773,094 times
You can solve most mysteries by finding the common denominator, in this case it is sex, or the lack of. Hell, I suck at math and even I figured this one out.

Old 08-26-2012, 08:37 PM

206 posts, read 768,135 times
but if the guy doesn't stick...how can i sleep with him??

Old 08-26-2012, 08:58 PM

19,697 posts, read 20,221,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mariagostrey View Post
I thought the purpose of sleeping together was for the sticking...

Old 08-26-2012, 10:28 PM

3,437 posts, read 6,072,515 times
Quote:
You have been "sleeping" with them, literally.

I can't believe you don't get that spending the night usually means much more than sleeping.

Old 08-27-2012, 03:22 AM

16,488 posts, read 24,471,880 times
Quote:
Well that one guy stuck around for 7 months before he left. How long do you expect them to stick around and there be no sex? Are you saving your virginity for marriage? If so you need to make that very clear when you meet a man. Make him understand you will not be having sex with him or anyone until you marry. Do not sleep at their house if you are not having sex. That is only leading the guy on and teasing him. Of course he hopes he is going to get some if you are spending the night. If you are not saving your virginity until marriage, but until you are ready, then you need to make sure if you are not really into a guy that you do not drag him along.

Old 08-27-2012, 03:44 AM

5,419 posts, read 9,193,173 times
It's all part of trial and error. You'll be fine.

Old 08-27-2012, 06:26 AM

6,032 posts, read 9,207,489 times
I totally see you marrying some dumb poor schlub, discovering how good sex can be, then going wild with it while he is away working, lol.

You need to work on some personal issues coming from the super conservative background. It is coming off like you're a game player.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships