Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-26-2012, 08:37 PM

2,732 posts, read 3,584,943 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by THORAX View Post
Oh please what? You're a hot chick. Your opinion on this matter is hereby declared null and void.
Seconded.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-26-2012, 08:41 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,626,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calicali01 View Post
Seconded.

I have a ton of trouble dating. Just this last weekend I got to watch the guy I had a huge crush on ask my sister out in front of me.

I doubt that would have happened if I was 'hot'.

Old 08-26-2012, 08:41 PM

10,029 posts, read 10,891,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunkisses87 View Post
Doesn't take away from the fact that broke men, or poor men are viewed as losers in the dating game.
To me it depends on what is considered poor and why they are that way. If they are unemployed because of the economy then that is something they can't help. However, if they are unemployed because they are too lazy another story, same thing with underemployed. Case in point I had a 50 year old guy who worked in a fast food restaurant contact me on a dating site and I turned him down. He has worked in fast food for 30 years as a cook and he would not be compatible to me being a white collar professional in upper management.

Old 08-26-2012, 08:46 PM

819 posts, read 1,129,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idon'tdateyou View Post
To me it depends on what is considered poor and why they are that way. If they are unemployed because of the economy then that is something they can't help. However, if they are unemployed because they are too lazy another story, same thing with underemployed. Case in point I had a 50 year old guy who worked in a fast food restaurant contact me on a dating site and I turned him down. He has worked in fast food for 30 years as a cook and he would not be compatible to me being a white collar professional in upper management.
I bet you would have gone out with him if he looked like Brad Pitt. Admit it.

Old 08-26-2012, 08:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Free Beer View Post
I bet you would have gone out with him if he looked like Brad Pitt. Admit it.
Actually no because Brad Pitt doesn't appeal to me.

Old 08-26-2012, 08:48 PM

819 posts, read 1,129,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idon'tdateyou View Post
Actually no because Brad Pitt doesn't appeal to me.
Fine, pick whatever movie star/model/athlete you want, put him in a McDonald's uniform and I doubt you'd turn him down.

Old 08-26-2012, 08:51 PM

102,217 posts, read 107,859,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Free Beer View Post
Fine, pick whatever movie star/model/athlete you want, put him in a McDonald's uniform and I doubt you'd turn him down.
Oh, get over yourselves, you guys. That's not the way it works.

Old 08-26-2012, 08:56 PM

24,544 posts, read 56,054,732 times
To understand the whole mentality behind throwing the term 'loser' you have to ask, what are they losing AT? This game they call 'Life' I suppose, where to 'win' means a successful career, a 'loving' marriage, 2.1 kids.etc. Is this the standard for 'winning'? If so many of the losers might be having the last laugh.

Old 08-26-2012, 08:57 PM

No I don't date guys because of how they look. In my teens I met a guy who looked like a dead ringer for one of my favorite rock stars. Yes I did want to date him because of this (keep in mind I was 17 then)but once I got to know him i realized he was boring and not my type (and just wanted sex). Ironically years later I met the rock star and he was very cool and no didn't ask me to sleep with him.

Old 08-26-2012, 08:58 PM

2,732 posts, read 3,584,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunkisses87 View Post
Doesn't take away from the fact that broke men, or poor men are viewed as losers in the dating game.
And I don't see why.... Poor men mostly comprise of men who put in a honest days work who collectively keep the basic infrastructure of the modern world maintained.

You know... When you go to grab that caned food off the shelf, lather up in your favorite soap, or pump your gas that enables you to drive to work; this was all due to some male "loser".

Where is the gratitude? Where is the compassion? Why don't any hot girls even throw any of these guys even a bone?

This is the basis as to why when some of these men EVENTUALLY make enough money for widespread female approval, they treat women as pure sex objects which is a man's way of returning the same cold calculating judgmental mistreatment.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships