Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-07-2016, 06:39 PM

6,822 posts, read 6,629,486 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJmac123 View Post
As a 16 year old male, i deal with this problem alot in school. As a matter of fact, i've dealt with this my whole life. Im one of the most nicest and gentle people you could meet, but as the saying goes.....nice guys finish last. Its amazing that you have to wear certain shoes and clothes and own certain things to get the lady in the end. You pretty much have to change your whole character to get a single shot at getting a girlfriend. It seems that after so many years of rejection, you finally just give up hope on your love life. People say all this stuff about how love is great....but honestly i dont know what love is anymore. i just grew up in the wrong generation and i just have to face facts. Its this girl i have been having the urge to talk to for weeks now but im so damn scared to approach her. I cant even look a girl in the eye, no matter if i know them or not. im so confident but then again so afraid....what should i do?
Well realize you're 16 and this girl that you're attracted to is probably not all that you've built her up to be in your mind.

Most likely you two will go your separate ways after highschool and see each other every 5 year reunion or so.

So just relax and have fun with it all. Chill out and just start talking with her. Just interact with her in a way that makes her feel comfortable around you.

Life is full of disappointment. Fear is a crippling thing. If you just do it you'll feel a whole lot better in the end.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-07-2016, 08:34 PM

3,426 posts, read 3,339,973 times
I've seen guys who look like Woody Allen with hot-looking women. I've seen guys who look like Channing Tatum shot down by average looking women. It's all about your confidence, man. If you can talk, and hold your own in a deep conversation, that's a point in your favor. Your body language, direct eye contact, and listening skills will score more points for you.

Old 03-08-2016, 12:39 AM

426 posts, read 370,602 times
As a man.
I never really had so much trouble getting at woman because i really don't care and really just got at mostly every single woman that interested me.
Theres one simple rule I always follow and that is DATING IS NOTHING MORE THAN A NUMBERS GAME
I mean if a woman rejects me whatever i just hit on and get at the next woman and show a bold attitude and eventually someone at some point says yes.
Theres a stradegy i use on online dating as well even thou it was a lazy stradegy .
I really just don't care and just do it i dont think about it.
I think men should do the same thing but at the end of the day its really just a numbers game if you get rejected and then complain you cant find a lady well then keep talking to people until someone eventually says yes at some point
I really just stop caring if woman like rejecting men that much then better to just treat it as a number game and stop caring unless they change their attitude and stop rejecting less men but thats not gunna happen anytime soon especially with how picky they are

Last edited by OmegaSparks; 03-08-2016 at 01:14 AM..

Old 03-08-2016, 10:33 AM

405 posts, read 240,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by onihC View Post
Dating can be a challenge for guys of course. You need to know how to take the initiative, make sure you fulfill a woman's expectations of what a gentleman is, have a decent job, have your own mode of transportation, not live with your parents, and the list goes on. It would be easier to pick and chose who would take you out but as a guy you will be the one that's picked or not to take a girl out. It's just one of those things in life you just have to go with it. It's like complaining because we have to work and it would be nicer to just lay on the beach everyday with a book and a nice cold drink on the side. But no, someone has to work to pay the bills. You can also make that challenge and process fun and feel good when you fulfill those goals.

I don't see why living with your parents is a negative.

Old 03-08-2016, 11:05 AM

10,216 posts, read 8,300,062 times
The reason my success with women isn't that well is because I approach one woman every other month. I don't see a lot of women that appeal to me whenever I am out and about. They're either stuck on their phones, don't smile, and have negative body language. Also the women I've tried to date (my best friend included) have fizzled out after a few weeks. I just haven't met a woman I am compatible with.

Old 03-08-2016, 11:34 AM

4,525 posts, read 3,402,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimBrown333 View Post
I don't see why living with your parents is a negative.
It isn't, but there's a BIG difference if you have your own space and independence.

Old 03-08-2016, 11:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorker11356 View Post
It isn't, but there's a BIG difference if you have your own space and independence.

thank you for wording that much better than the other poster, I live with my parents but i have independence in other ways (pay my own bills, clean, do laundry, cook) so while I may live at home (and have no intention of leaving anytime soon) I know how to handle my business.

Old 03-08-2016, 02:53 PM

7,829 posts, read 11,778,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oceanman76 View Post
They probably sense your lack of confidence. Women are good at that.
unfortunately not... what i've discovered is that what is viewed as confidence is upto the woman. If she is attracted to you then you can make the worst jokes and have the worst lines, it will be viewed as "confidence", infact you can be a total and complete loser and she will think you are a superstar. I have seen this more times than I can count.

If she is not attracted to you the exact same jokes and lines will be viewed as "creepy". That's just the nature of the beast and something nobody wants to admit because it's shallow...but the world is shallow, that's reality.

Old 03-09-2016, 11:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by k374 View Post
unfortunately not... what i've discovered is that what is viewed as confidence is upto the woman. If she is attracted to you then you can make the worst jokes and have the worst lines, it will be viewed as "confidence", infact you can be a total and complete loser and she will think you are a superstar. I have seen this more times than I can count.

If she is not attracted to you the exact same jokes and lines will be viewed as "creepy". That's just the nature of the beast and something nobody wants to admit because it's shallow...but the world is shallow, that's reality.

I agree with this.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships