Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-28-2012, 09:23 AM

442 posts, read 615,350 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by findly185 View Post
I didnt think "Wow! I want to f*ck the sh*t out of him" the first time I saw him. I've had that reaction to a guy before-that's lust. Its more of a "Wow! I have to get to know this guy immediately-someone introduce me".
I know what you mean. I met someone like that, and the rest of the world just fell away. I went to a party with a couple of friends.

I'd separated from my friends, then saw one of my friends talking to this guy. My friend introduces us, and tells me how he knows this guy, and after that the world just sort of disappeared.

The relationship didn't last, but it was definitely the closest that I came to the idea. It was definitely more than lust.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-28-2012, 09:27 AM

748 posts, read 1,314,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
Love is such a wishy-washy feeling, and there are different definitions of it. It seems to be just a feeling, or a strong affinity, or a sense of loyalty, or a strong care for a person. Infatuation at first sight, sure, but the kind of love that keeps people together for 50 years at first sight? I think I'm a skeptic too.
My grandparents were together for over 60 years, but I truly believe those were different times, where values and morals and loyalties were not so lose as they are now. When commitment meant something more than the marriage papers. They were very happy, and had a wonderful life.

But now a days... I don't think those exist anymore.

Old 08-28-2012, 09:29 AM

2,920 posts, read 2,797,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aspentree View Post
I know what you mean. I met someone like that, and the rest of the world just fell away. I went to a party with a couple of friends.

I'd separated from my friends, then saw one of my friends talking to this guy. My friend introduces us, and tells me how he knows this guy, and after that the world just sort of disappeared.

The relationship didn't last, but it was definitely the closest that I came to the idea. It was definitely more than lust.
For whom?

Old 08-28-2012, 09:30 AM

5,012 posts, read 7,873,116 times
For those who've experienced it, it's real. For those who haven't, well, it probably sounds really stupid.

Love, that's too strong of a word, but i've experienced a powerful unspoken connection with a girl before. I can't put my finger on what causes are for this, but I just knew there was something about her that set her apart from every other pretty girl at that party. A gut feeling, intuition, instinct, or something else that can't be explained. I approached her, chatted a while, exchanged numbers, but later that evening, told me she had a boyfriend of two years... I never told her how I felt. Still somewhat regret that, but I'm sure there's another out there that can make me feel that way.

Old 08-28-2012, 09:31 AM

442 posts, read 615,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebel12 View Post
For whom?
For whom what?

Old 08-28-2012, 09:35 AM

11,864 posts, read 17,001,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philosophizer View Post
For those who've experienced it, it's real. For those who haven't, well, it probably sounds really stupid.

Love, that's too strong of a word, but i've experienced a powerful unspoken connection with a girl before. I can't put my finger on what causes are for this, but I just knew there was something about her that set her apart from every other pretty girl at that party. I approached her, chatted a while, exchanged numbers, but later that evening, told me she had a boyfriend of two years... I never told her how I felt. Still somewhat regret that, but I'm sure there's another out there that can make me feel that way.
This is probably most accurate.

I've connected with a guy instantly, but I think love takes time and intimacy.

Old 08-28-2012, 09:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philosophizer View Post
...a powerful unspoken connection...
Wouldn't that be instant attraction? That guttural feeling (as someone else said) to talk to that person?

Because then you get to now them and tada!! she's got a bf and yet she gave you her number... or he turns out to be a total DB...

I guess I am trying to rationalize this feeling, instict, connection thing that ties your stomach and at the same time a million butteflies are doing the salsa in there... how? why? and can it be trusted?

Old 08-28-2012, 09:42 AM

24,544 posts, read 56,060,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by valeeighty2 View Post
Wouldn't that be instant attraction? That guttural feeling (as someone else said) to talk to that person?

Because then you get to now them and tada!! she's got a bf and yet she gave you her number... or he turns out to be a total DB...

I guess I am trying to rationalize this feeling, instict, connection thing that ties your stomach and at the same time a million butteflies are doing the salsa in there... how? why? and can it be trusted?
This emotion called love that is so celebrated...it seems so multi-faceted...there seem to be two ideas of love, strong infatuation and 'commitment' to a person. Maybe I haven't got to know a girl well enough to feel true romantic love for her other than strong liking. I've never had to chance to get into a relationship. If it exists, I hope I do experience it before I die.

Old 08-28-2012, 09:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
This emotion called love that is so celebrated...it seems so multi-faceted...there seem to be two ideas of love, strong infatuation and 'commitment' to a person. Maybe I haven't got to know a girl well enough to feel true romantic love for her other than strong liking. I've never had to chance to get into a relationship. If it exists, I hope I do experience it before I die.
yeah...

Old 08-28-2012, 09:47 AM

5,012 posts, read 7,873,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by valeeighty2 View Post

I rarely feel this way about women, so I don't question it and immediately act upon it. Sure, there are plenty I've wanted to sleep with at first sight, but to actually approach with the intent of developing a long lasting relationship, it just doesn't happen often.

I suppose when people feel that immediate connection and they end up living happily ever after together, than that is what they call love at first sight.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships