Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-30-2012, 12:23 PM

748 posts, read 1,314,334 times

Advertisements

Well then... this was informative and quite funny at times thanks for your participation!! Fighter 1: what a wonderful story... thanks for sharing
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-30-2012, 01:25 PM

4,868 posts, read 8,410,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fighter 1 View Post
WOW ! can Cupid's arrow be so swift? to that I have to say YES!... Step back to June 1963, Bobbies Roll-A-Way, Pawtucket, RI, There in the middle of the skating rink was this beautiful ,5'3" piece of heaven. Well mannered women, spinning, dancing to the beat of the music. Being the bashful type at that time in my life, it took me 3 nights to get the nerve to introduce myself to her ( through a family friend ), When this friend introduced her to my life changed forever.

Thats when i found out that this person I felt would be the perfect one to spend the rest of my life with , even though my heart was running 100 miles an hour,was a deaf person, born that way.

Needless to say we spent the next 1 1/2 hrs writing notes to each other , exchanging each others personal info, before taking her home where we were met by her father ( a Pawtucket Police officer!).

For the next 3 weeks we spent every evening together, my learning sign language and her learning to vocalize sounds ( so she could speak a little ).

Now fast forward 3 months to Sept. 31, 1963 were at the Church saying I do ( yes getting married). Now really fast forward 49 yrs to Sept 2012, yep still here together , 2 kids, 3 grand kids , 3 great grand kids, .

Now has it been easy ? No , But when we got married no one said it would be a piece of cake!, ( in fact the in-laws said it wouldn't last because my wife was Deaf and I could hear). Funny though, the In-laws divorced 4 yrs later. We said we would love , honor and be faithful to each other until death do us part. ( and neither of us have died yet!). This type of relationship worked back then because some of us were happy to keep fertilizing the grass rather the looking for the greener pastured outside of the marriage. When there is true love in a marriage nothing can destroy it. When you find the right one you know it ! .
This should be a movie! I'd be the first one to see it. Thank you for sharing!

Old 08-31-2012, 04:32 PM

2,779 posts, read 5,500,663 times
I don't know. My husband and I definitely had attraction at first sight, but not love, love for us took a few years really and gets deeper every year. My grandfather used to tell this great story about driving my grandmother home the night they met and pretending to get lost so he wouldn't have to let her go. I dated someone whose parents met on a ski vacation and got married two weeks later, they were still married 30yrs later.

Then again I had this roommate who met a guy at a party, swore it was love at first sight and spent two or three days with him not sleeping, talking and having sex and by the end of the weekend they were making long term plans. The relationship lasted less than a month.

Old 08-31-2012, 05:02 PM

629 posts, read 1,233,916 times
It's never love at first sight. If it happens when you first see them then it's lust or infatuation. The best thing you can do is try to get rid of these feelings because they will over shadow any love you should have for each other. You can't really know if you're in love until you get out of the honeymoon phase.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships