Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-29-2012, 10:12 AM

24,544 posts, read 56,029,399 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FromTN2A2 View Post
I will say this, the only reason I will not date a bi man is not because of AIDS scare or any thing else other than the fact that I DO NOT have a d3ck and would be way too damn heartbroken if a bi man were to walk away from me only to tell me that he has realized that he is only into men. What if I fall in love with you? Now I would have to face the fact that I could NEVER dream of being with you again because I can't grow a d3ck. For me, that would just be too much. I can handle some things, but not that. It's hard enough running a race with women, but men and women too? That's a no for me. But that still has nothing to do with YOU> Just be you and keep being honest. Take care
Well that's your decision, of course, and there's nothing wrong with it. I'm not bi myself, and for a LTR would probably prefer a non-bi women anyway. I mean if you were bi, and in a monogamous relationship, wouldn't a part of you always be hankering to eat from the other side of the buffet, to hit one for the other side of the team once in awhile? I know it's an ignorant thing to say, but if you love both hamburgers and ice cream, while they are both great on your own, wouldn't you feel like you were denying yourself if you couldn't try the other? I mean I've thought about having an open relationship, sometimes the idea doesn't sound that bad but I've decided I'd probably wanna keep things exclusive at the end of the day, and I assume it'd be harder for a truly bi person to switch that part of his or her desire off.

Not saying bi people shouldn't be in relationships at all, of course, or exclusive ones. But only if they can be truly content being exclusive. If not have an open rs or don't have a rs at all.

Old 08-29-2012, 10:37 AM

50 posts, read 111,872 times
Men are always put in the category of suppressing emotions, feelings, etc ---That's why most people won't believe it when a man says he is bi. Instead he is a man that is not able to express his "true" feelings towards men. They are suppressing an urge deep within.

While when women do it they are simply acting on a feeling at that moment, which they are taught is okay to do.

Women are suppose to express emotions and men are suppose to suppress emotions. That is what society teaches us.

Old 08-29-2012, 12:52 PM

1,081 posts, read 1,811,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
Well that's your decision, of course, and there's nothing wrong with it. I'm not bi myself, and for a LTR would probably prefer a non-bi women anyway. I mean if you were bi, and in a monogamous relationship, wouldn't a part of you always be hankering to eat from the other side of the buffet, to hit one for the other side of the team once in awhile? I know it's an ignorant thing to say, but if you love both hamburgers and ice cream, while they are both great on your own, wouldn't you feel like you were denying yourself if you couldn't try the other? I mean I've thought about having an open relationship, sometimes the idea doesn't sound that bad but I've decided I'd probably wanna keep things exclusive at the end of the day, and I assume it'd be harder for a truly bi person to switch that part of his or her desire off.

Not saying bi people shouldn't be in relationships at all, of course, or exclusive ones. But only if they can be truly content being exclusive. If not have an open rs or don't have a rs at all.
Ask yourself this: If a man marries a woman, is he automatically no longer going to be attracted to any other women besides his wife? No. If he is walking down the street, he may see other women that he is very attracted to but that doesn't mean he will go after them if he is really committed to his wife.

My point is just because a man is bi and he is with one sex doesn't mean he won't still be attracted to the other sex but that doesn't mean he will act on that attraction either....

It's kinda tough to explain..

Old 08-29-2012, 12:59 PM

6,126 posts, read 10,104,160 times
There definitely is a double standard and I admit that I myself have double standards about this issue. I wouldn't date a bi guy. I'd just feel awkward about it and I'd always wonder if he wanted things that I just don't have the parts to provide. Just being honest.

Old 08-29-2012, 01:00 PM

5,347 posts, read 7,196,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reed067 View Post
So your ok with women being bi but not men? :think:

To the OP Women have always been more accepted then men when it comes to being gay or bi, society as a whole seems much more tolerent. Even more so if the two women are attractive.
Absolutely. With woman it's hot, guys are disgusting

Old 08-29-2012, 01:00 PM

19,697 posts, read 20,221,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by introspective1 View Post
Exactly how I feel! What I don't get is how is a bi man more likely to leave a woman for someone else than a straight man will? Men leave women for other women all the time. Women act like it is a bigger deal to be left for another man than it is for another woman. That is something I do not get.
Because there is absolutely no substitute for good dick. Women simply cannot compete with that ( and we know it! )

Old 08-29-2012, 01:41 PM

114 posts, read 214,268 times
Like many people have already stated.

its a goofball double standard.

Some men visualize female bisexuality as two attractive women kissing and touching with it eventually ending up with him indulging in sex with the two women at once. They are visualizing the romanticized "Lipstick lesbian" .When these guys are thinking "Yay lesbians!" or "Yay chick on chick action" They would rather not think of the more "butch" short haired, baggy clothed, more masculine lesbian or bisexual woman.

Some of these guys are so anti-male bisexuality because they feel that anything less than total disdain towards the concept, and they are risking their image being a staunch hetero-sexual. They are molded into homophobia because of societies views of what a man should be.

It's because society is this way that lots of people tend to to have such a black and white view of male sexuality and believe things like "a bi man is a gay man in disguise" but don't hold the same sentiments towards women. And believe things like "Women ae naturally more bi." I don't believe any of that.

Some women who are fine with female bisexuality but not male bisexuality are so because they see it as an opportunity to attract men. You get the two women in a bar fondling and kissing each other with the ulterior motive of attracting some guy. I think it makes them feel in control. It gives them a kind of power over some men. And they see it as an advantage, ...again only some women think this way.

Some women that are anti-male bisexuality are this way, because they feel that they have lost control over the man. The concept is too ambiguous to them and the fact that a man that they could be with might possibly indulge in and enjoy sexual relations with another man, or worse enjoy it more than sex with a woman, frightens them, perhaps because that means that they have lost control of the situation, or perhaps because it kind of humiliating to them...maybe both.

And thats all that I think of the matter.

And the bi-males being more prone to STD/AIDS argument doesn't hold, because clean people having sex with clean people are clean. Bi-males aren't any more prone to STDs/AIDS than Straight or gay males. Sleeping around recklessly is whats dangerous and if you be careful about who you're sleeping around with and use protection, than mostlikely you are safe, no matter your sexuality.

To the topic creator:

I think its best just to interact with the bisexual community that caters to both female and male bisexuality, if you have luxury. I'd feel that within that community you'd more likely meet people that will understand you better than just some random person on the web. You have to keep people who talk down to you because of your sexuality out of your life, because they are no good for you.

Old 08-29-2012, 03:11 PM

1,081 posts, read 1,811,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGreatGarfield View Post
To the topic creator:

I think its best just to interact with the bisexual community that caters to both female and male bisexuality, if you have luxury. I'd feel that within that community you'd more likely meet people that will understand you better than just some random person on the web. You have to keep people who talk down to you because of your sexuality out of your life, because they are no good for you.
I don't know where I would find the bi community that caters to both female and male bisexuality.

I had to cut an older woman that I dated out of my life because she constantly had smart ass comments about me being bi. She used to make jokes about me having stds (I have none!) After every time we had sex

Old 08-29-2012, 03:18 PM

45,218 posts, read 100,681,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by strawberrykiki View Post
There definitely is a double standard and I admit that I myself have double standards about this issue. I wouldn't date a bi guy. I'd just feel awkward about it and I'd always wonder if he wanted things that I just don't have the parts to provide. Just being honest.
It is a double standard, and being honest about it I feel the way you do too!

It's kind of like ice skaters in the Olympics - I could watch the women skaters all day long, but the male skaters all just seem too feminized - which is a turn off.

The idea of a guy being with another guy just screams "gay" to me. And once you are gay you cannot be "ungay", you know? Kind of like being pregnant - there is no being "a little pregnant". If you are pregnant, you're pregnant!

Old 08-29-2012, 03:41 PM

14,725 posts, read 33,357,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
It is a double standard, and being honest about it I feel the way you do too!

It's kind of like ice skaters in the Olympics - I could watch the women skaters all day long, but the male skaters all just seem too feminized - which is a turn off.

The idea of a guy being with another guy just screams "gay" to me. And once you are gay you cannot be "ungay", you know? Kind of like being pregnant - there is no being "a little pregnant". If you are pregnant, you're pregnant!
Most bisexual men probably don't look like ice-skaters. I'll bet they live in the suburbs, are married, have a button down job, drive an SUV, and play golf. They just bank on not getting caught with their "hand in the cookie jar," which the media then capitalizes upon when they are caught (if famous).

So while it's chic for women to be bisexual, the fact that the double standard exists causes men to seek the traditional role and play on the side. And the ladies married to them 1) don't have a friggin' clue, or 2) turn the other cheek because their mortgage and credit cards are paid for. Evidently, they've done the math, and prefer to stay.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships