Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-29-2012, 07:53 AM

308 posts, read 897,006 times

Advertisements

I think every man's goal in life is complete self-realization.

banging as many chicks as possible is one HUGE part of the puzzle to achieve this goal, but by all means, not the only one.

that said, I dont really see much difference between money and women. to me personally, a man is a lot more interesting and well-rounded if he has a very cool hobby that he is passionate about.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-29-2012, 07:53 AM

9,229 posts, read 8,550,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myghost View Post
Taking this quote from Ascension2012 from another thread that got closed down, but I really wanted to respond. Since that discussion got derailed, I thought I'd start a new thread to discuss this exact topic
That is just too outrageous. Really had to get in the last word, huh?

To answer your subject line: No.
As for the wall of text about yourself... I didn't bother. Blah, blah, blah. If you want to get laid, go for it. If not, who cares? It just isn't worthy reading.

Old 08-29-2012, 08:00 AM

782 posts, read 1,087,209 times
As much as possible? No. I focus on other things also.

Old 08-29-2012, 08:03 AM

15,013 posts, read 21,652,905 times
I have seen men who focus on great things outside of "getting laid". These men either completely put getting laid out of their mind in whatever way that men do that, or they just got married so they didn't have to worry about hunting for women in order to get laid anymore. Similar to some of the famous men named in this thread already.

Old 08-29-2012, 08:35 AM

8,757 posts, read 9,464,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 14Bricks View Post
You don't think Mlk, and Ghandi were motivated by power? Yes they wanted to help their people, but you don't think they loved they power they had, the influence they had? You don't think Edison, Einstein, and Mozart loved the recognition and prestige. Thomas Edison owned over 1,000 patents on his inventions. You don't put a patent on something unless you care about money. You don't think Bill Gates and Steve Jobs weren't in it for the money, power and respect? If they didn't care about money and just wanted to advance society they could have just gave away their products and ideas away for free.
Disagree vehemently, there may be some feeling of satisfaction of having the ego stroked, but not the aim and many people are purely motivated for the good and advancement of all of humanity. I know that's difficult for many people to believe, but it's true. Reasons for retaining control over inventions, discoveries, holding onto patents and the like are numerous including not having them fall into the hands to be mismanaged for primarily selfish gains. Many of the people named, their acts have in the past and continue to enhance the lives of masses of people intentionally. There are people who will step over any and everyone to get to a self serving goal and there are the other type of individuals that are vilified by the self serving persons because they see the non self serving person as having a weakness though it is a strength seen by people with a different mindset than them.

Last edited by TRosa; 08-29-2012 at 09:01 AM..

Old 08-29-2012, 08:48 AM

1,351 posts, read 1,598,510 times
The issue I have here is with the word "GOAL" and applying it universally to all men. Of course it's true for some guys, but nowhere near all. Yes, almost every man likes...REALLY likes...getting laid often. (There are exceptions, which is why I'm cautious about using the words "always" and "never".) Sex is just a strong biological, primal desire for most men. However, "goal" implies making getting laid a "mission objective" or a "target" or something. That seems PUA-esque and even a bit degrading to women.

Some men understand that there is more to a woman than her breasts, a**, and V. They are genuinely interested in getting to know the woman and get into a relationship with her...realizing that sex will, in most cases, be a nice part of it. They possess the mental capacity and willingness to focus on some other things in life.

Last edited by GravityMan; 08-29-2012 at 08:49 AM.. Reason: rephrased

Old 08-29-2012, 09:11 AM

264 posts, read 309,069 times
The kind of guy who says this is usually a guy who doesn't get laid nearly as often as he would like and can't conceive of readily available sex being just one part of a relationship.

Old 08-29-2012, 09:14 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,701,121 times
Edison? Maybe Tesla.

I agree that sex is a major motivator, just not the only one or even the biggest for everyone.

Old 08-29-2012, 10:55 AM

6,548 posts, read 7,279,139 times
The ultimate goal in life for men to get laid? Not sure about that. If you are with someone in love, steady, attracted, etc. isn’t that something you desire to share sooner or later?

Next thread: “Is every woman’s goal in life to get inside a man’s wallet and get married?”

Old 08-29-2012, 11:04 AM

3,963 posts, read 5,695,888 times
My goal in life is too see how much money I can make by any legal means necessary. When I was younger I didn't even care about whether it was legal or not.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships