Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-29-2012, 07:20 AM

532 posts, read 1,176,984 times

Advertisements

Crue's makeout thread got me thinking about how the passion/spark can fall out of the equation in long term relationships over time.

After almost 4 years of being together with BF, we know we want a life together, we're planning for it...and we're in the comfortable phase. I know that's not a bad thing, but passion is important to keep things going as well. We don't kiss as much as we used to and makeout sessions are non existent. I know he's still crazy about me, but for some reason doesn't see the urgent need to show me so...maybe because he "has" me for good now?

This isn't a thread necessarily for me to solve my problem, because I count myself fortunate to be with him anyways and it's a small issue we can work out. This is more like a request for an exchange of ideas.

What are some ideas to spice up the passion in a relationship? Have you ever fallen into that LTR "rut", and if so how did you tackle it?

Share your ideas/stores!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-29-2012, 09:35 AM

22,768 posts, read 30,730,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Subie2 View Post
Crue's makeout thread got me thinking about how the passion/spark can fall out of the equation in long term relationships over time.

After almost 4 years of being together with BF, we know we want a life together, we're planning for it...and we're in the comfortable phase. I know that's not a bad thing, but passion is important to keep things going as well. We don't kiss as much as we used to and makeout sessions are non existent. I know he's still crazy about me, but for some reason doesn't see the urgent need to show me so...maybe because he "has" me for good now?

This isn't a thread necessarily for me to solve my problem, because I count myself fortunate to be with him anyways and it's a small issue we can work out. This is more like a request for an exchange of ideas.

What are some ideas to spice up the passion in a relationship? Have you ever fallen into that LTR "rut", and if so how did you tackle it?

Share your ideas/stores!
try using a tazer on him. i hear it brings a spark to any relationship.

Old 08-29-2012, 12:31 PM

19,708 posts, read 20,240,448 times
Send him some nasty pictures.

Old 08-29-2012, 02:27 PM

17,635 posts, read 22,636,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Subie2 View Post

Share your ideas/stores!
Perhaps, put together a pcnic lunch of a good wine,cheese, salami, crackers, fruit bowl, cut veggies, some ranch dip, water, etc. Bring a blanket...

Go to a quiet spot you both have sweet memories of, from times before. Somewhere you can have feelings of peace, harmony, tranquility . Could be a mountain forest meadow, beautiful desert scenes, a gorge with a favorite skinny dipping swimmin hole.

Get comfortable. When the time is right, kiss, touch, say sweet somethings to each other......

Renew the passion of your love.

Old 08-29-2012, 02:37 PM

45,218 posts, read 100,721,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawk J View Post
Perhaps, put together a pcnic lunch of a good wine,cheese, salami, crackers, fruit bowl, cut veggies, some ranch dip, water, etc. Bring a blanket...

Go to a quiet spot you both have sweet memories of, from times before. Somewhere you can have feelings of peace, harmony, tranquility . Could be a mountain forest meadow, beautiful desert scenes, a gorge with a favorite skinny dipping swimmin hole.

Get comfortable. When the time is right, kiss, touch, say sweet somethings to each other......

Renew the passion of your love.
I so love it when the real men show up to post here

Old 08-29-2012, 02:50 PM

9,131 posts, read 20,009,690 times
It's the rut and routine! HawkJ has a great idea! Get out of the rut and routine, and do something that is just about the two of you!

Old 08-30-2012, 12:19 AM

12,535 posts, read 15,200,884 times
Hawk has some nice ideas.

But also, go for the unexpected, as well. Leave a note next to his razor, drop a card in a post-box addressed to him with no return address (and of course, sign it from you on the inside), arrange to meet him somewhere and when you get there tell him what you are (or aren't) wearing under your skirt, send him suggestive texts throughout the day so that by the time you get home he's ready to go, or take the afternoon off and surprise him with his favorite home-cooked meal and dessert from scratch. If you have some cash to drop, book a Saturday night at a swanky hotel or a cozy bed-and-breakfast, rent him his dream car for a day, surprise him with tickets to see his favorite sports team, or take a class in massage or exotic dancing (without telling him) and then surprise him one night with what you've learned.

Basically, lead by example. He'll eventually get ideas of his own.

Old 08-30-2012, 12:23 AM

3,963 posts, read 5,695,304 times
Get a pool table. I'm dead serious.

Old 08-30-2012, 08:19 AM

5,012 posts, read 7,872,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilac110 View Post
Hawk has some nice ideas.

But also, go for the unexpected, as well. Leave a note next to his razor, drop a card in a post-box addressed to him with no return address (and of course, sign it from you on the inside), arrange to meet him somewhere and when you get there tell him what you are (or aren't) wearing under your skirt, send him suggestive texts throughout the day so that by the time you get home he's ready to go, or take the afternoon off and surprise him with his favorite home-cooked meal and dessert from scratch. If you have some cash to drop, book a Saturday night at a swanky hotel or a cozy bed-and-breakfast, rent him his dream car for a day, surprise him with tickets to see his favorite sports team, or take a class in massage or exotic dancing (without telling him) and then surprise him one night with what you've learned.

Basically, lead by example. He'll eventually get ideas of his own.
Umm, YES!!! got a little hot just reading that lol. where can I find an age appropriate version of you?

Old 08-30-2012, 08:35 AM

90 posts, read 131,519 times
Shake up the routine. Get a sexy board game to try or get candles and mood music in front of the fireplace and take turns touching each other for the length of one song...then the other person gets to be touched during the next song...and build up to where you can't stop. If you haven't tried some light bondage, get a couple silky scarves and experiment. Keeping it new and different and passionate takes effort, but it is sooooo worth it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships