Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-14-2012, 01:15 PM

13,926 posts, read 39,297,259 times

Advertisements

My son Always said I love the dogs more than him LOL
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-14-2012, 01:22 PM

17,635 posts, read 22,639,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Bach View Post
My pet toad has unconditional love. Did a chore today- the old stinky Beagle in the house got her bath....She loved it..to feel clean...The dog literally danced around the house because she felt so good...Did I bath her because I loved the dog and she loves me? NO.....................she got a bath because her very presence was dragging down my living conditions into the sewer...When animals can run a bath...wash their own bodies...cook their own meals....open the door and go out side to pee.........Then- I will love them as much as I do humans...oh- it would be good if the dog learned to play guitar...I am getting tired of singing to the stupid thing...It would be nice of the dog could sing to me for a change.

Loving animals more than loving a human is like loving Uncle Joe who has never worked a day in his life- eats all your food- steals your beer - gets drunk and pees on the kitchen floor.. would you love Uncle Joe...oh- he goes in your wallet when you are sleeping.....After the Beagle had her bath...I went out for a bit- she never goes on my bed usually- I come home and there is a wet spot on my fresh sheets- She figured she could lounge on my bed after her nice warm bath- the weasel.
When your doogie learns to play the guitar, you may win $$1 million buckaroos on "America's Got Talent"...

Old 09-14-2012, 01:49 PM

9,229 posts, read 8,550,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SomeBodyUK View Post
I've also heard a few people talk about their "kids" - and they're referring to dogs! What do you guys think? I've always placed humans above animals...
I do those things, but the way I love my pets is not the same as I love the people in my life. It's just a way of saying they are important to me that I call myself a "doggie mom" or them my "fur-kids."

For example, my last dog was diagnosed with bladder cancer, treatable but not curable -- and would more than likely prolong his life but be more painful over time. I opted out of the treatment for anything other than pain management, and let him go. I cried like a baby over losing him. Still, I cannot pretend to say that my decision would be the same -- or my grief, if he were an actual child.

Old 09-14-2012, 01:59 PM

5,653 posts, read 5,153,262 times
Default Is it strange for somebody to love their pets as much as a human being?

There are people in this world that if I had to make the choice of life between my pets or them the person would lose.

Certainly not all but a few.

Old 09-14-2012, 02:03 PM

10,564 posts, read 12,820,368 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawk J View Post
When your doogie learns to play the guitar, you may win $$1 million buckaroos on "America's Got Talent"...
Yah think? With my luck..they would make out the check to the dog...besides my dog is Canadian..and would not qualify.

Old 09-14-2012, 02:05 PM

10,564 posts, read 12,820,368 times
My daughter loves her dogs more than she loves me....If it came down to putting them down she would put me down first.. The old Beagle is over there in the corner sleeping on my clean little rug.....ooooh I hate that.

Old 09-14-2012, 07:58 PM

4,001 posts, read 6,272,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie1 View Post
My son Always said I love the dogs more than him LOL
Tell him thats because the dogs are more grateful than he is.

Old 09-14-2012, 08:00 PM

4,001 posts, read 6,272,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LookinForMayberry View Post
I do those things, but the way I love my pets is not the same as I love the people in my life. It's just a way of saying they are important to me that I call myself a "doggie mom" or them my "fur-kids."

For example, my last dog was diagnosed with bladder cancer, treatable but not curable -- and would more than likely prolong his life but be more painful over time. I opted out of the treatment for anything other than pain management, and let him go. I cried like a baby over losing him. Still, I cannot pretend to say that my decision would be the same -- or my grief, if he were an actual child.
Bless you for being so kind to you fur baby.

Mine is snorgled up to me right now, giving me unconditional love, as they do.

She hasn't asked why I'm always on the computer, why I haven't got off my arse and got a job, what I intend to do with my life, what's for dinner, or if I REALLY need that chocolate bar.

She just loves me....just the way I am.

Old 09-14-2012, 08:35 PM

264 posts, read 266,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lostinca View Post
I do consider my animals my "kids" (I do not have any children).
Do you know a difference between animals and kids (humans)?

Old 09-14-2012, 08:37 PM

264 posts, read 266,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsAnnThrope View Post
Bless you for being so kind to you fur baby.

Mine is snorgled up to me right now, giving me unconditional love, as they do.

She hasn't asked why I'm always on the computer, why I haven't got off my arse and got a job, what I intend to do with my life, what's for dinner, or if I REALLY need that chocolate bar.

She just loves me....just the way I am.
No she doesn't. You project your human emotions on an animal. What's wrong with people?

I like dogs but its an animal not a human being.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships