Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-09-2012, 11:56 PM

26,142 posts, read 31,186,791 times

Advertisements

My family is pretty screwed up and my SIL's family is really screwed up and we were laughing about something and I told her, "You know, it's one thing to come from a dysfunctional family, but it takes a special kind of stupid to marry into one on top of it."

Old 11-10-2012, 12:08 AM

27,957 posts, read 39,779,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thursday007 View Post
My family is pretty screwed up and my SIL's family is really screwed up and we were laughing about something and I told her, "You know, it's one thing to come from a dysfunctional family, but it takes a special kind of stupid to marry into one on top of it."
Every family is screwed up on one way or another.

I saw first hand the stupid of marrying into a scrweed up family. When in doubt trust your gut.

Old 11-10-2012, 12:44 PM

52,263 posts, read 52,686,640 times
Mrs. Chow bought her brother last year for christmas a 68 mustang plastic model kit, one that you have to put toghether and paint it yourself. Well, her brother has been having medical problems and can't do it. So I've been starting to play around with it.

It is pretty relaxing..... just focusing on the building of it... it gets your mind out of work and other things that may be bothering you.

So far, just working on the engine block, getting it put together and painted....should be interesting.

I'm a nerd at heart so this sorta thing is right up my alley.....

I used to do put them together when I was a kid...

I guess I should get more hobbies..... try and see about getting away from this shythole once in a while..... so much venom spewed around here....

If I ever get this sucker put together, I'll snap a few pics and post them.... I know old froggie will like it.....

Old 11-10-2012, 12:54 PM

17,869 posts, read 20,996,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
Mrs. Chow bought her brother last year for christmas a 68 mustang plastic model kit, one that you have to put toghether and paint it yourself. Well, her brother has been having medical problems and can't do it. So I've been starting to play around with it.

It is pretty relaxing..... just focusing on the building of it... it gets your mind out of work and other things that may be bothering you.

So far, just working on the engine block, getting it put together and painted....should be interesting.

I guess I should get more hobbies..... try and see about getting away from this shythole once in a while..... so much venom spewed around here....

If I ever get this sucker put together, I'll snap a few pics and post them.... I know old froggie will like it.....
lol. I have an autistic friend who puts models together. But he obsesses over anime and such, so they're huge robots called Gundams.

I couldn't get into that hobbie. I just don't have the patience for it.

no, I'm not indirectly calling you autistic btw.

Old 11-10-2012, 01:01 PM

15,714 posts, read 21,070,743 times
Quote:

My brothers used to do those model kits when we were kids. They had a few of the remote control kits too...I think one was called The Hornet? Remember those things? My boys have them as well and it was all my husband could do to stand by and watch them put those things together. He kept butting in trying to take over their project...LOL

I like to make sugar cookies and decorate them. I completely zone out when I start piping on the icing and I love admiring the finished result. I could literally spend hours putting little silver dragees and sugar pearls in just the right places.

And then my husband will come in, take a cookie and shove the whole thing in his mouth with no appreciation for the time it took to decorate it.

Old 11-10-2012, 02:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Sixy* View Post
My brothers used to do those model kits when we were kids. They had a few of the remote control kits too...I think one was called The Hornet? Remember those things? My boys have them as well and it was all my husband could do to stand by and watch them put those things together. He kept butting in trying to take over their project...LOL

I like to make sugar cookies and decorate them. I completely zone out when I start piping on the icing and I love admiring the finished result. I could literally spend hours putting little silver dragees and sugar pearls in just the right places.

And then my husband will come in, take a cookie and shove the whole thing in his mouth with no appreciation for the time it took to decorate it.
Yeah, us guys can be peckerheads like that... LOL.

I think activities such as putting together those model kits or baking and decorating like you're doing, IDK, I think it sorta puts you in a "zen" state... you know... clears your mind,brings into the present moment.

Old 11-10-2012, 04:13 PM

12,573 posts, read 15,563,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SD4020 View Post
Stupidity is one of those things that really pisses me off. It is one of the few things I hate. I hate stupid. Stupid people, bad desions and mentality that they can live in the level of dumb.
That's what is so frustrating about my job: stupid management, stupid client, stupid customers; just too much stupid at one time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by *Sixy* View Post

Quote:
Yeah, us guys can be peckerheads like that... LOL.

I think activities such as putting together those model kits or baking and decorating like you're doing, IDK, I think it sorta puts you in a "zen" state... you know... clears your mind,brings into the present moment.
Speak for yourself; I would show my appreciation, THEN show the whole thing in my mouth.
I used to enjoy assembling models also, and you're right Chow it puts you in a kind of zen. I get the same state of mind from target shooting as well. I have boxes of models I hope to work on someday, assuming they don't decompose first.

Old 11-10-2012, 06:55 PM

I've got Kings of Leon playing right now... and I don't know what it is with that band, but everytime I hear them.... it puts me in a weird place mentally.... it does it every single time... it's not like its even my fav band... but I don't know why they invoke such a strange feeling in me.....

I don't get it.....

Old 11-10-2012, 08:13 PM

8,757 posts, read 9,464,673 times
Quote:
I've got Kings of Leon playing right now... and I don't know what it is with that band, but everytime I hear them.... it puts me in a weird place mentally.... it does it every single time... it's not like its even my fav band... but I don't know why they invoke such a strange feeling in me.....

I don't get it.....

Good Stuff, I can see why you may be listening to them

Kings Of Leon - Sex On Fire - YouTube

Old 11-10-2012, 08:18 PM

I like the way you seem to love music..

I've got this completely stupid view of black women not liking rock music, especially black women over 40... but I'm glad to see you have completely educated me and cured me of my ignorance....

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships