Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-03-2012, 11:00 PM

8,757 posts, read 9,459,815 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_Frog View Post
I can't help it. I understand praying to God for the blessing of the food I'm about to eat and stuff. But, seriously, God would bless a steak better because it's like the best thing to eat in the entire world.

But right now, I'm watching Abraham Lincoln, Vampire Hunter. It's pretty awesome.
\

I can understand. Enjoy your movie.

I've got nothing today, a little under the weather, had my docs appt this morning for ems-ncs , seems I have some carpel tunnel and nerve damage in my arm, won't have comleted results till I see my other doc next week when I go for my back surgery.

Heading off to bed. Have a great evening.

Old 12-03-2012, 11:02 PM

17,869 posts, read 20,988,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRosa View Post
\

I can understand. Enjoy your movie.

I've got nothing today, a little under the weather, had my docs appt this morning for ems-ncs , seems I have some carpel tunnel and nerve damage in my arm, won't have comleted results till I see my other doc next week when I go for my back surgery.

Heading off to bed. Have a great evening.
Hope your surgery goes well and your carpel tunnel doesn't bother you so much. Sleep well!

Old 12-03-2012, 11:35 PM

4,187 posts, read 5,157,561 times
Carpel tunnel isn't pretty. My thoughts to you on your procedure.

I almost developed it, odd at my age, but not so odd considering the context. It was one of my bad depressed summers and all I'd do almost every day was play World of War-crack and WAR online. Games like this require alot of keyboard pressing for shortcuts, and the finger that pressed q and 1 was incredibly painful by the end of that summer. Never again, thank Jupiter I don't play that game anymore.

Old 12-04-2012, 02:10 PM

When I got home today at about 3 O'clock, I had to turn on the lights. It was already dark because it's dreary and raining. But it's unseasonably warm. I'm glad I got in the jogging before it rained, though I did cut it a bit short since I was feeling sprinkles.

Old 12-04-2012, 06:23 PM

15,714 posts, read 21,063,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WFW&P View Post
I don't know why it irks me so when people praise the Lord for material possessions. A young couple on FB are praising the Lord for the house they are about to purchase, it's more house than they need but they say God made it happen.
I have to wonder if something tragic were to happen while living there if they will be congenial with God's plan.
I just don't get it.
Our first house was more than we needed, temporarily. We were pregnant with our first, HOWEVER we had plans to fill all the rooms...and we did, quickly!

It irks me when a small family buys a gargantuan house. I wouldn't want to clean it, I wouldn't want to ever own that much stuff to fill it and I think it's obnoxious.

I don't really care for those that focus on their "stuff". Your "stuff" does not make you a quality person and the only one that cares about your "stuff" is YOU. Nobody else gives a shyt.

Old 12-04-2012, 07:23 PM

7,796 posts, read 16,395,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by *Sixy* View Post
Our first house was more than we needed, temporarily. We were pregnant with our first, HOWEVER we had plans to fill all the rooms...and we did, quickly!

It irks me when a small family buys a gargantuan house. I wouldn't want to clean it, I wouldn't want to ever own that much stuff to fill it and I think it's obnoxious.

I don't really care for those that focus on their "stuff". Your "stuff" does not make you a quality person and the only one that cares about your "stuff" is YOU. Nobody else gives a shyt.

I/we have a lot of stuff, but we need a bigger house.

Old 12-04-2012, 07:31 PM

12,573 posts, read 15,557,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by *Sixy* View Post

It's not so much what they bought as it is claiming God was the one that made it happen. But as the saying goes they are young, dumb, and full of c**. But yeah 4 bedrooms and 2600 sq ft for two people and a dog is nonsense IMO. BTW they have posted pictures of the neighborhood and I am so glad we didn't move out west. By far worse than the vinyl villages around here.
I remember once seeing a note in a customer's car that praised Jesus for providing her with that MB. I wonder how much she would have been praising Jesus if she actually knew her cheapskate bastard of a son bought her a car that had been in a serious accident and was essentially butchered.

Old 12-04-2012, 07:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheImportersWife View Post
I/we have a lot of stuff, but we need a bigger house.
LOL...did you ever see the George Carlin bit on "stuff"?

George Carlin Talks About "Stuff" - YouTube

Old 12-04-2012, 07:37 PM

This Kale salad...Wow. I can't believe I made this.

Old 12-04-2012, 07:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WFW&P View Post
It's not so much what they bought as it is claiming God was the one that made it happen. But as the saying goes they are young, dumb, and full of c**. But yeah 4 bedrooms and 2600 sq ft for two people and a dog is nonsense IMO. BTW they have posted pictures of the neighborhood and I am so glad we didn't move out west. By far worse than the vinyl villages around here.
I remember once seeing a note in a customer's car that praised Jesus for providing her with that MB. I wonder how much she would have been praising Jesus if she actually knew her cheapskate bastard of a son bought her a car that had been in a serious accident and was essentially butchered.
Yeah...Praise the Lord for the 4000sqft house and the $50K car in the driveway.

I can see thanking him for intangibles related to getting those things...but not for material possessions. Your intelligence, your health, your drive or ambition, the opportunities...etc. Not for your stuff.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships