Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-30-2012, 07:52 PM

6,143 posts, read 7,551,400 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Sixy* View Post
You snooze...you choose!

Okay tomorrow it is!!!

I think a goal for the month is a good idea since we are starting on a fresh month (well a day later). Now I just have to figure out what my goal will be.
If we each pick our own goal then we can root for each other and not be so competitive. Haha! I just need to figure out how audacious I want my goal to be...10 pounds in a month is possible, but it will be difficult!

Old 12-30-2012, 07:55 PM

8,757 posts, read 9,457,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBeagleLady View Post
I will join your challenge. I doubt I will post what I eat, but if you want to see my before pics I will share privately. I want to lose another 22 pounds and see how I look and feel. I need a jumpstart.

Great. And in that case, right after the holiday so you couples can enjoy the festivities to your hearts delight. If you ladies wish to start Monday, that's fine, but Any day this week as a start date works for me.

I'm going on the honor system, no one is getting any digits out of me. I will happily share pics with ya ladies, but not much difference will be seen in a 10 lb drop, 20 yes. I'm at the docs office almost weekly, so that's the scale I will use to keep a notible record. ma bellie and dress fit, will tell me, at home, if I'm making progress.

suggested time period. Up for suggestion if un realistic or not challenging enough.

05. lb = 2 weeks mark from start date
10. lb = 4.5 week mark from start date

for us that want to go further
15. lb = 7.0 week mark from start date
20. lb = 10 week mark and so on

Old 12-30-2012, 07:58 PM

15,714 posts, read 21,059,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WFW&P View Post
My wife wouldn't walk to the pizza joint a few blocks away, "it's too cold" was the excuse. Yet for NYE we get to walk 3.2 miles through the Festival of Lights and that is perfectly acceptable.
Lucky for her, I'm not in the frame of mind to point out the idiocy of this.
Duhhh...don't you know how women work yet?

Men are food and sex motivated. You'll do pretty much anything for either of those. Women, not so much. It's too damn cold to take a walk to get pizza!

Quote:
If we each pick our own goal then we can root for each other and not be so competitive. Haha! I just need to figure out how audacious I want my goal to be...10 pounds in a month is possible, but it will be difficult!
Hmmm...I'm not sure I can do 10lbs in a month. That would be really difficult for me. I was thinking of trying to get to that goal in 2 months! lol

Then I thought maybe I'd just try to drop a pants size.

However, one of my goals was going to be to log at least 60 running miles for the month and do a P90x video at least 3 times a week.

Old 12-30-2012, 08:00 PM

Quote:
My wife wouldn't walk to the pizza joint a few blocks away, "it's too cold" was the excuse. Yet for NYE we get to walk 3.2 miles through the Festival of Lights and that is perfectly acceptable.
You are so funny. I guess that's what being in a long time loving relationship is like, because, I would have called the person out on it.

Old 12-30-2012, 08:03 PM

Quote:

Men are food and sex motivated. You'll do pretty much anything for either of those. Women, not so much. It's too damn cold to take a walk to get pizza!

Hmmm...I'm not sure I can do 10lbs in a month. That would be really difficult for me. I was thinking of trying to get to that goal in 2 months! lol

However, one of my goals was going to be to log at least 60 running miles for the month and do a P90x video at least 3 times a week.
No worries...it would be very difficult for me, too! We don't necessarily have to have the same goal, either. Realistically, an 8 pound goal for the month would be pushing it for me, I think.

I am jealous that you can drop a pant size with less than a 10 pound loss!

Old 12-30-2012, 08:05 PM

Quote:
sounds good, I'll follow the numbers similar to what I posted in the previous thread and aim for those numbers.

Old 12-30-2012, 08:10 PM

27,957 posts, read 39,748,028 times
Quote:
Thinking like a women is a lot like thinking like a man. Only you away reason and accountability.

Old 12-30-2012, 08:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRosa View Post
sounds good, I'll follow the numbers similar to what I posted in the previous thread and aim for those numbers.
Sounds good! I think I will shoot for an 8 pound loss for the month.

Old 12-30-2012, 08:11 PM

15,714 posts, read 21,059,854 times
Quote:
No worries...it would be very difficult for me, too! We don't necessarily have to have the same goal, either. Realistically, an 8 pound goal for the month would be pushing it for me, I think.

The pants size I'm wearing now fits me well...more room than not in them so 10lbs will put me comfortably into the next size down. I can get them up but I look like a stuffed sausage in the size! LMAO

My dress size probably won't change though. I wear a smaller dress size than pants because my ass and thighs are where I carry most of my weight. I don't anticipate my boobs get much smaller unless you count the mashing they will take tomorrow at my mammogram! LMAO

Old 12-30-2012, 08:12 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Ok, we set our own goal and check in see if we are meeting them. I'm carrying much more than you ladies so it will probably be easier for me to drop 10 lbs in a months time, I could really do that in two weeks if I work hard, not starvation, but adhear to strict low carb for even just a week, watch it closely the next weeks. But like I said, I'm carrying much more, so it's going to drop a little quicker in the first week or two for me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.