Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-12-2013, 07:04 PM

5,281 posts, read 6,589,681 times

Advertisements

I'm not sure if this is the place to vent, but here it goes.

Love sucks

After 10 years in the dating game and being a single bachelor at 33, I've come to find that I suck at love.

I'm not going to go into any nasty details, and they are unimportant. The same thing that happened to me yesterday is the same thing that happens to me all the time. I'm frankly fed up and frustrated. I'm about ready to throw in the towel, I know I'm not in any rush to get back on the horse for sure.

And I have to realize that while I do desire a wife and kids some day, its not for everyone. My time is running out, and I feel in another 3 or 4 years I won't have the motivation to have a family anymore. I've come to realize that not everyone is meant to fall in love and be with them for life, and maybe that's where I am. I think I can enjoy a great life doing things in business, and having some sort of fulfillment. Maybe I can make a lot of money and give back to charity, who knows. I think the prospects of me becoming a millionaire before I die is better than me finding any sort of love before I die. I honestly feel that way.

Anyway time to get the ball rolling on making some money and investing. If im going to be alone all my life, no need to be broke as well.

Old 01-12-2013, 07:08 PM

52,263 posts, read 52,686,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by branh0913 View Post

Love sucks

After 10 years in the dating game and being a single bachelor at 33, I've come to find that I suck at love.

I'm not going to go into any nasty details, and they are unimportant. The same thing that happened to me yesterday is the same thing that happens to me all the time. I'm frankly fed up and frustrated. I'm about ready to throw in the towel, I know I'm not in any rush to get back on the horse for sure.

And I have to realize that while I do desire a wife and kids some day, its not for everyone. My time is running out, and I feel in another 3 or 4 years I won't have the motivation to have a family anymore. I've come to realize that not everyone is meant to fall in love and be with them for life, and maybe that's where I am. I think I can enjoy a great life doing things in business, and having some sort of fulfillment. Maybe I can make a lot of money and give back to charity, who knows. I think the prospects of me becoming a millionaire before I die is better than me finding any sort of love before I die. I honestly feel that way.

Anyway time to get the ball rolling on making some money and investing. If im going to be alone all my life, no need to be broke as well.
Sorry to hear this.... you still got time... you're only 33, it ain't over til it's over.....

Old 01-12-2013, 07:46 PM

7,126 posts, read 8,652,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
Sorry to hear this.... you still got time... you're only 33, it ain't over til it's over.....
So true...my bestfriend found love and married at 50!! Now having children did pass her by...but they have to be the happiest married couple I know!!! Never give-up... maybe take a break from looking for love...it might just find you,when you least expect it!

Old 01-13-2013, 06:10 AM

12,566 posts, read 10,617,630 times
That Broncos loss was brutal.

Old 01-13-2013, 06:51 AM

15,714 posts, read 21,070,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by branh0913 View Post

Love sucks

This is not news. Most people suck at love.

Live your life for yourself and make yourself happy. If someone comes along and is a perfect fit then go for it but don't hold your breath.

Old 01-13-2013, 09:39 AM

27,957 posts, read 39,779,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmyy View Post
That Broncos loss was brutal.
I know it. I was not happy about that. Then Greenbay forgot their defense, that was another pathetic game. I hope the seahawks get killed today. I am guessing the odds of that are not that good.

Old 01-13-2013, 11:10 AM

12,566 posts, read 10,617,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SD4020 View Post
I know it. I was not happy about that. Then Greenbay forgot their defense, that was another pathetic game. I hope the seahawks get killed today. I am guessing the odds of that are not that good.
We had a big party for the game. My neighbor's kid started crying hysterically when the Broncos lost.

Old 01-13-2013, 11:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmyy View Post
We had a big party for the game. My neighbor's kid started crying hysterically when the Broncos lost.
If that is the case, the kid needs to get some perspective on things..... it's just a game......

Old 01-13-2013, 11:13 AM

15,714 posts, read 21,070,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
If that is the case, the kid needs to get some perspective on things..... it's just a game......
Well now that's not fair!

He's just a kid...they don't yet have the ability to control their emotions the way an adult would. He'll grow and mature and learn how to keep his emotions in check eventually, but they are not little adults.

Cut the boy some slack.

Old 01-13-2013, 11:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Sixy* View Post
Well now that's not fair!

He's just a kid...they don't yet have the ability to control their emotions the way an adult would. He'll grow and mature and learn how to keep his emotions in check eventually, but they are not little adults.

Cut the boy some slack.

LOL, I just meant an adult should be having some convo's with the kid, is all.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships