Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-26-2013, 08:36 PM

27,957 posts, read 39,779,820 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Sixy* View Post
I was going to say that is easily doable, you could probably walk it, until I read you had to wear a 45lb pack.
It kicked my ass last year. I am not going to let that happen again.

Old 01-26-2013, 09:02 PM

12,573 posts, read 15,563,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SD4020 View Post
It kicked my ass last year. I am not going to let that happen again.
I tried out for a FD one year the very first elimination step is the physical test and the first part of that was 3 min on a stair climber with a 75lb vest. Although I passed that portion I didn't get pass the interview, they are not looking for independent thinkers.

On the subject of fitness my wife informed me I had excercised twice this month; a long walk a couple weeks ago and to the gym today. I'm taking February off.

Old 01-26-2013, 09:12 PM

8,757 posts, read 9,464,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by *Sixy* View Post
Great job!!!

You just reminded me I never reported in the other day too.

I was down .8lbs. So total so far is 2.4...it's laughable compared to your loss! LOL
I have not been running. I really need to get my ass on the treadmill!
Congrats! Sixy and SD on your losses to date.

As always I post my results on my blog.

I grabbed a meter from a website that shows the number from start to finish. You can get one to add to any page or on your pc screen from the site.

Anyway, to date 2 lbs this past week, 10 lb total so far. have 10 lb to go for first goal. I'm getting ticked, I want some real ice cream, but I'm not going to be good.

Old 01-26-2013, 09:26 PM

We have a membership and intend to get plenty of use out of it.

Old 01-26-2013, 11:56 PM

52,264 posts, read 52,686,640 times
Was going down memory lane and pulling out oldies from the 80's.... dusted off some Culture club... man was a trip seeing that pretty boy guy with all the makeup to being an old fat dude in his 50's looking all bloated and sad....

Old 01-27-2013, 12:02 AM

2,650 posts, read 3,012,284 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WFW&P View Post
I tried out for a FD one year the very first elimination step is the physical test and the first part of that was 3 min on a stair climber with a 75lb vest. Although I passed that portion I didn't get pass the interview, they are not looking for independent thinkers.

On the subject of fitness my wife informed me I had excercised twice this month; a long walk a couple weeks ago and to the gym today. I'm taking February off.
We are required to don bunker gear/SCBA and properly search a hot and darkened structure for possible survivor(s) and get them out of the structure in less than 20 minutes using an approved carry/drag method. That isn't the hard part, the dummy only weighs 160 lbs and the knowledge you need can be taught in a few days. The hard part is that consuming the bottle in under 15 minutes is a fail and you cannot change bottles during the evolution. Thats where the breathing comes in, not spending your bottle before you get your man out means carefully controlling your breathing and people like me who are only training in and not actual firemen struggle with it. I'm always on alarm or close to it by the time I get done and I've failed it a few times on the first try.

Old 01-27-2013, 12:09 AM

15,714 posts, read 21,070,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRosa View Post
Congrats! Sixy and SD on your losses to date.

As always I post my results on my blog.

I grabbed a meter from a website that shows the number from start to finish. You can get one to add to any page or on your pc screen from the site.

Anyway, to date 2 lbs this past week, 10 lb total so far. have 10 lb to go for first goal. I'm getting ticked, I want some real ice cream, but I'm not going to be good.
That's awesome! I like your little ticker

Quote:
Originally Posted by WFW&P View Post

Yeah, never would have taken you for a FF.

Old 01-27-2013, 07:52 AM

12,566 posts, read 10,617,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BioMechanical View Post
I miss having an IKEA. We had 2 in Chicagoland. They were talking about building one in St. Louis and then at the last minute they picked Kansas City instead.
We had one open here and it is just obnoxious. You can see it from Kansas.

Old 01-27-2013, 08:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crabman1 View Post
We are required to don bunker gear/SCBA and properly search a hot and darkened structure for possible survivor(s) and get them out of the structure in less than 20 minutes using an approved carry/drag method. That isn't the hard part, the dummy only weighs 160 lbs and the knowledge you need can be taught in a few days. The hard part is that consuming the bottle in under 15 minutes is a fail and you cannot change bottles during the evolution. Thats where the breathing comes in, not spending your bottle before you get your man out means carefully controlling your breathing and people like me who are only training in and not actual firemen struggle with it. I'm always on alarm or close to it by the time I get done and I've failed it a few times on the first try.
The trick is to move all four extremities then take a breath. The first time we did a building search and rescue I had the gear and pack on for two hours before our turn. That sucked. We went in made the rescue and out. The bell on the tank started ringing as we came through the door.

Old 01-27-2013, 09:20 AM

6,143 posts, read 7,556,449 times
Congrats to everyone on their weight loss! I was down another pound yesterday and officially crossed the 50 pound threshold...50.8 to be exact. Woo hoo! I think my weeks of 2 and 3 pound losses are over, though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships