Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-02-2013, 03:12 PM

19,383 posts, read 15,220,746 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawk J View Post
Jus buy some land with a pond, raise your own Tilapia......
Don't tease...

Old 02-02-2013, 03:18 PM

17,633 posts, read 22,626,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
Breaking up is hard... I've been with Mrs. Chow so long, I don't know what I'd do with myself if I were ever single again.

I don't have any desire to be single again.... not to rub it in there...

South America sounds cool, I'd like to go check out Chile or Brasil as they spell it down there.....
Peacock Bass & Piranha fishin'...

The Ladies in RIO...

Old 02-02-2013, 03:20 PM

15,714 posts, read 21,063,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
What's everyone doing up for dinner tonight.

We're having fish with lemon/butter/caper sauce and various fruits for the sides........

I LOVE fish with fruit salsa. One of my favorite dishes!
Blackened fish with mango salsa...the heat and the sweet...YUM!

I'm not cooking tonight. Husband is at a hockey game and won't be home til after 9. Not sure what I'm feeding the kids but it won't be anything spectacular.

I'm supposed to go out with friends tonight so I might have liqued dinner. Right now I don't feel like eating anything but if I get hungry I might have a small appetizer too. If my fever comes back I may just skip it all and go to bed.

Old 02-02-2013, 03:22 PM

17,633 posts, read 22,626,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaOfGrass View Post
Don't tease...

Years ago a guy a few mountains over said he was gonna raise Tilapia or channel Catfish.

I don't think he ever did though...

I took him over some Bull Frogs for his pond.

Old 02-02-2013, 03:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBeagleLady View Post
WHAT?!?! How old is this coworker? Sheesh.
And if he didn't know Kevin from his acting, how did he escape hearing of the Six Degrees of Kevin Bacon?

Quote:
Originally Posted by crabman1 View Post
The cannery has put me on a leash as some issue in the meal plant has dropped their production to 45k an hour. Fish quality is a huge concern in this business and this boat fishes on the high end, all fillet with only the rejects going to meal or surimi. This means I get the best price but also that I have to surrender my start time to the canneries production schedule so that they can minimize fish age. What this all means is that I'm on the grounds with fish under my boat but can do nothing.
Sorry, crabman.

Old 02-02-2013, 03:31 PM

3,703 posts, read 3,777,416 times
Chow got me in the mood for fish! I'm going to make a lime zest baked Talipia. It's actually a Bobby Deen recipe. Probably the healthiest recipe to ever come out of that family.

Old 02-02-2013, 03:32 PM

52,197 posts, read 52,629,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BioMechanical View Post
Chow got me in the mood for fish! I'm going to make a lime zest baked Talipia. It's actually a Bobby Deen recipe. Probably the healthiest recipe to ever come out of that family.

Old 02-02-2013, 03:36 PM

Quote:
About to go to the Taste of Soulard. Very cool St. Louis neighborhood. I think it's like $20 bucks and you get to sample the signature dish from 35 different restaurants. I skipped breakfast to save room for this.
OMG, who came up with that brilliant idea? Sounds awesome.

Quote:
Might be single again sooner than expected. My girlfriend is debating a job offer with a big time law firm in Washington DC. No way in hell am I moving to DC, and I'm not going to waste my time attempting a long distance relationship so if she decides to take the job that's pretty much the end of this as far as I'm concerned. Her choice!
Sorry to hear that. Sux.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRosa View Post
Well I am odd, sounds good to me. pineapple mango, lemon and orange sections, plus tomatoes are considered a fruits. I love fish. hmmmm, that doesn't sound too right.

Edit, I love various types of seafood, including flounder, sole, porgies, blue fish, and crustaceans of sorts.
I made a ceviche a while back, but it didn't really have the ingredients I was craving. It was almost more of a pico de gallo. I'm craving more of the tropical-type fruits you mentioned. I even had a dream where I came up with this amazing recipe for pineapple and I couldn't believe no one had come up with it before. Of course, I couldn't remember it when I woke up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Sixy* View Post
I LOVE fish with fruit salsa. One of my favorite dishes!
Blackened fish with mango salsa...the heat and the sweet...YUM!

I'm not cooking tonight. Husband is at a hockey game and won't be home til after 9. Not sure what I'm feeding the kids but it won't be anything spectacular.

I'm supposed to go out with friends tonight so I might have liqued dinner. Right now I don't feel like eating anything but if I get hungry I might have a small appetizer too. If my fever comes back I may just skip it all and go to bed.
Yep.

Hope you're feeling better...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawk J View Post

Years ago a guy a few mountains over said he was gonna raise Tilapia or channel Catfish.

I don't think he ever did though...

I took him over some Bull Frogs for his pond.

LOL, "a few mountains over." Sooner or later I'm coming to live with you, Hawk, even if it means sleeping out in a lean-to.

Old 02-02-2013, 03:41 PM

Quote:
Not his mama's meals...

Whenever we want to make a comfort food type of meal, we always look up Paula Deen's recipes because we're pretty sure she won't disappoint.

Old 02-02-2013, 03:45 PM

15,714 posts, read 21,063,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaOfGrass View Post
Not his mama's meals...

Whenever we want to make a comfort food type of meal, we always look up Paula Deen's recipes because we're pretty sure she won't disappoint.
My friends and I are thinking of taking a trip to Savannah. Definitely going to hit up her restaurant if we go...however I'm not sure there will be anything on the menu I can eat.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships