Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-04-2012, 07:03 PM

2,628 posts, read 4,608,479 times

Advertisements

This was about 15 years ago.

Met this guy in a bar by Rockefeller Center. This was back in the days of party lines via phone and not through the internet. We meet at the bar, he buys me a drink and then as soon as I take my first sip, this starts:

Him: So, you are beautiful and have a smoking body, I thought I would be disappointed.
Me: You're not so bad yourself
Him: So what do you say we go back to my place, maybe you, me and my friend can get better acquainted.
Me: :::blank stare:::
Me: I really don't think so, I'm not that type of woman, but thanks for the drink.

I promptly left. I had a really bad vibe and wondered if I had been stupid enough to go with him, would I have been double teamed and never heard from again.

A few weeks ago I had this one, I have a few summer dresses with flowers on them. As I was walking into the train station I heard this:
"Damn you're fine girl, you mind if I sniff on your flowers?"
WTF seriously.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-04-2012, 08:01 PM

1,514 posts, read 2,119,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss J 74 View Post
This was about 15 years ago.

Met this guy in a bar by Rockefeller Center. This was back in the days of party lines via phone and not through the internet. We meet at the bar, he buys me a drink and then as soon as I take my first sip, this starts:

Him: So, you are beautiful and have a smoking body, I thought I would be disappointed.
Me: You're not so bad yourself
Him: So what do you say we go back to my place, maybe you, me and my friend can get better acquainted.
Me: :::blank stare:::
Me: I really don't think so, I'm not that type of woman, but thanks for the drink.

I promptly left. I had a really bad vibe and wondered if I had been stupid enough to go with him, would I have been double teamed and never heard from again.

A few weeks ago I had this one, I have a few summer dresses with flowers on them. As I was walking into the train station I heard this:
"Damn you're fine girl, you mind if I sniff on your flowers?"
WTF seriously.
Maybe "my friend" was just a euphemism for his c***.

Old 09-04-2012, 08:48 PM

3,256 posts, read 8,898,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by negativenancy View Post
I had just gotten off of working a 10-hour shift and was standing in line at Walmart with a handful of junk food (was supposed to be my supper). A customer in front of me was taking forever getting a price check so I put my food on a shelf next to me. As soon as I did that, I heard "Is THAT what you're eating for supper?" I thought it was a joke. He asked what I was planning on making for supper, so I told him Mac N' Cheese. Turns out he was a chef and offered to cook for me. He could tell I was a little creeped out... so he even offered to take me out to dinner if I promised NOT to buy that junk food lol. I declined because I was exhausted from work and we parted ways.
I like that one too actually, think I'd have accepted but for another night when I wasn't exhausted

Old 09-04-2012, 09:10 PM

3,256 posts, read 8,898,743 times
I've had some pretty creepy come ons by people online, can't think of anything specific except to say it's the "normal" looking guys that seem to be the worst. I would much rather someone wear their "freak" on the outside, at least a person knows what to expect that way.

Old 09-04-2012, 11:11 PM

3,493 posts, read 4,670,026 times
It's hard to think on your feet at times.

Add in nervousness and you might say anything.

Which is why I'm never so pointed...I'd just ask a safe harmless question.

I wonder what stuff women would come up with?

It's not easy.

Old 09-05-2012, 03:51 AM

56 posts, read 121,765 times
I don't have too many interesting creepy pickup attempts, but my ex-boyfriend's grandfather did sit us down for a serious talk about intimacy when we had been dating for 2 months and proceeded to talk about the things that we MUST be doing because I, "have a nice rack". I was staying at this man's house for a week and was pretty traumatized. -_- It always seems to be the old ones...lol

Old 09-05-2012, 08:38 AM

150 posts, read 305,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by backwardsettenurb View Post
I don't have too many interesting creepy pickup attempts, but my ex-boyfriend's grandfather did sit us down for a serious talk about intimacy when we had been dating for 2 months and proceeded to talk about the things that we MUST be doing because I, "have a nice rack". I was staying at this man's house for a week and was pretty traumatized. -_- It always seems to be the old ones...lol
Oh man that's ridiculously creepy.

Old 09-05-2012, 10:04 AM

3,918 posts, read 6,827,967 times
I posted this on another thread some time ago.

Girl in bar: "(my name), my legs are basically spread open for you." UGH. Creepy from a girl, who'd of thought?

Old 09-05-2012, 10:06 AM

3,918 posts, read 6,827,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by backwardsettenurb View Post
If you didn't have CA listed as your hometown I would be afraid that you were talking about my grandpa.

Old 09-05-2012, 10:12 AM

1,514 posts, read 2,119,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by J Swarthout View Post
Oh man that's ridiculously creepy.
Especially since according to her profile its says she a junior in high school, it stands to reason this old dude was staring at a rack of a 16-17 year old
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships