Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-05-2012, 10:43 AM

6,548 posts, read 7,277,719 times

Advertisements

Won’t say creepy as it is an expression that is not commonly used to address women (just like the word “loser” is not for women) but there are lines women can come up with that can be just a bit, let’s just say odd and make me uncomfortable. Like that girl I talked about before who told me something like “…you can’t miss me in the crowd. I am the girl with the big titties…” didn’t follow along, I just started talking about something else. Sure sure sure, guys are all about sex blah blah blah but at least for me, it just doesn’t work. Trying to be too sexual, jokes of sexual innuendo, trying to show me some skin, and so on just to break the ice with someone I just met won’t do it for me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-05-2012, 01:20 PM

56 posts, read 121,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moe'sTavern View Post
Especially since according to her profile its says she a junior in high school, it stands to reason this old dude was staring at a rack of a 16-17 year old
I'm actually 18, but I was 17 at the time. It was highly inappropriate and pretty disgusting!

Old 09-05-2012, 01:36 PM

7,844 posts, read 13,233,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by J Swarthout View Post
Ladies, I'm curious. What's the creepiest way a guy had tried to pick you up, be it in a club or elsewhere? Also, what was your best experience being cold approached by a man?

Many years ago I used to work in a branch before moving to back office. I worked in a predominantly Asian community but there were 2 different older Italian men who would often wait for me so I could translate for them or I would just assist them with their banking. One spoke virtually no English and was a sweet man. The other one spoke a bit of English. I noticed he'd linger around waiting for me to call "next" even though other times he'd go to any other teller. One day he comes over to my window asking for a roll of quarters (like he couldn't do that at another window?) then proceeds to ask me about my lunch schedule and if I ever go out for lunch. I immediately started feeling queasy. Before he walked away he said, "If you let me take you out to lunch, I show you a good a time " (picture that being said in a heavy Italian accent by a 70+ year old man who really wasn't even handsome lol) I went from to to . All my "good customer service" went out the window and I told him off in Italian and called him a dirty old man lol..he turned bright red and left. My co-worker next to me had no idea what had happened but knew I was mad. After I told her I think she was more queasy than I was lol. Needless to say, he never waited for me to call "next" lol

Old 09-05-2012, 03:36 PM

691 posts, read 1,427,040 times
I have had so many creepy women hitting on me in my life. They were all old enough to be my mother, thats sick.

I don't want to hear anyone say women aren't creepy because thats not true.

Old 09-05-2012, 03:39 PM

4,187 posts, read 5,158,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RamCharger1985 View Post
I have had so many creepy women hitting on me in my life. They were all old enough to be my mother, thats sick.

I don't want to hear anyone say women aren't creepy because thats not true.
I think both genders can be "creepy" but you probably didn't feel phsyically threatened or in danger of having your boundaries violated by those women. They would have to use their maturity, age, money or seductive skills to snag you. A man however, on average, is physically stronger, and thus is capable of taking what he wants by force. Hence why women have to be more on guard in public when they get hit on, especially places like on the street, the bus, the subway, so on.

Old 09-05-2012, 03:43 PM

1,142 posts, read 2,132,171 times
The creepiest pickup was some guy following me around in the grocery store. He wasn't exactly clean and his hair was a mess. In addition he had a tube sock (remember those) tied around his arm like it was an armband. I'm not sure if the armband meant truce since it was white or if it was in protest of something. He kept trying to talk to me and I just kept moving away. I decided not to finish shopping and just check out with what I had in my cart. Good riddance to bad rubbish.

Old 09-05-2012, 04:07 PM

691 posts, read 1,427,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inebriated Duck View Post
I think both genders can be "creepy" but you probably didn't feel phsyically threatened or in danger of having your boundaries violated by those women. They would have to use their maturity, age, money or seductive skills to snag you. A man however, on average, is physically stronger, and thus is capable of taking what he wants by force. Hence why women have to be more on guard in public when they get hit on, especially places like on the street, the bus, the subway, so on.
So what? I've never inappropriately approached or harassed a woman in my life. I think its only fair to expect the same courtesy.

Old 09-05-2012, 04:12 PM

12,322 posts, read 17,132,701 times
Default My Story.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by RamCharger1985 View Post
So what? I've never inappropriately approached or harassed a woman in my life. I think its only fair to expect the same courtesy.
Me neither. I am male and never had a "creepy" pickup, But one time about 12 years ago in the early eve i got into a conversation with a nicely dressed (Classy) woman coming from the movies alone. I asked HER out for dinner-She asked me if i needed a "price." Took me a few "huh" responses before she told me flat out she was "working" at the Motel behind us. I was crushed! I went for some pints alone that night.

Old 09-05-2012, 07:25 PM

469 posts, read 566,938 times
as a early 20 year old guy, i have the old school respectable approach when i go out to bars etc. I'll be that guy who buys a round for the friends and her and say that some guy paid for their next drink but not to say who i am. Not to be creepy, but to keep them guessing that a genuine guy is out there. I recall one time i approached a girl and was thinking too hard about wording and royally screwed myself up and she gasped and the first thing i said was "i'm sorry that came out so wrong i didn't mean to word it like that!" Next thing i know she was in a few days later at my work and came up to me and said she understood it may not have been my thing and i may have felt out of my element with complimenting/asking a woman out on a date and the next week she went on a date with me.

Old 09-05-2012, 11:47 PM

5,671 posts, read 4,351,634 times
I'm a guy. I once asked a girl I'd never met before, who I saw in a library, if she would like me to buy her a can of rootbeer (I was 22 at the time). We were sitting at computers, nowhere near soda dispensing vending machines. I'm sure she was disturbed by this. Note that this ws back when I had a pretty obvious case of un-medicated social anxiety disorder, so I didn't really know what I was doing....

Ladies, let it be known that not all creepy people want to make your skin into hats. Some of us are merely idiots.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships