Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-04-2012, 01:42 PM

22,334 posts, read 29,427,518 times

Advertisements

Again this just proves why I'll never get married
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-04-2012, 01:47 PM

5,273 posts, read 14,543,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEarthBeneathMe View Post
For everyone keeping a hawks eye view on all my posts - this happened around two months ago. I just have the night off tonight, am drinking a beer, and sort of am feeling a bit ashamed...wandering if it's appropriate or not..

Anyway, there were two men involved in this -

A. The guy she slept with (a crush from high school).

B. Her internet friend from the state we moved away from.

So - while she was out cheating on me with the other man - was it completely wrong of me to update her facebook status to something like "Currently cheating on my husband.."

- and then when I found out internet friend knew of (and encouraged) her to do it - was it wrong for me to (I don't even think you can do it) tell him I was going to name him in the divorce papers (for emotional affair, sending her sexual material, etc)..?

I also wrote on the other mans facebook about cheating with another guys wife, how if those were his standards he may as well have her...

She ended up deleting her facebook account when she returned (after about 20 friends commented on it..), and internet friend refuses to talk to her, tells me he's "sorry" and regrets what he's done...

Should I feel ashamed of my behavior?

I have no desire to "fight" this guy, as that's idiotic, proves nothing, and unlike him - I actually have licenses and a career on the line, to which an assault charge would completely interfere with..
I'm coming into this late and haven't the time to read the posts, so here’s my 2 cents...

No, you were not wrong at all.

People should be ashamed of betraying a spouse and should be held up to public ridicule.

I have a zero to very low tolerance for this type of stuff. To me, it’s the single greatest marital ‘sin’ in all humanity.

Old 09-04-2012, 01:48 PM

1,140 posts, read 1,301,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainJack87 View Post
Do you know what's funny? All of the ones chastising his behavior are women.

Just something I noticed.
I can't believe it.

They expect him to just smile and say, "that's okay."

Why not, just have the guy come to his house, sit in his chair, eat out of his refrigerator, wear his underwear, and sleep in his bed while we're at it?

They would probably still defend his cheating wife if this is the case.

Old 09-04-2012, 01:52 PM

15,714 posts, read 21,068,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BKmachine View Post
How do you know that he can fight or have a gun?
If I was him id beat the sh-t out of any man the broad slept with and have a gun ready for anyone who wants to be big and bad. You sould like a female who has done the same f-cked up sh-t the woman has done. Are you a feminist?
What does being a feminist have anything to do with this? Do you even know what a feminist is, or are you just a misogynist?

I like to try and see a situation from both sides of the coin, I don't even consider gender when someone does something that is inappropriate.

If he was the one cheating and she plastered it all over his facebook page and came here and asked if she was wrong I'd have said the same exact thing.

Old 09-04-2012, 01:53 PM

6,732 posts, read 5,173,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Del Boy View Post
I can't believe it.

Why not, just have the guy come to his house, sit in his chair, eat out of his refrigerator, wear his underwear, and sleep in his bed while we're at it?

And he better not do a doggone thing to respond or retaliate, or he'll catch an ***-whoopin' from her male relatives.

WHICH HE WOULD DESERVE.

Old 09-04-2012, 01:54 PM

1,782 posts, read 2,223,255 times
Quote:
I can't believe it.

I agree man. These girls defend cheating wives because they do the same thing.

One of my best friends just got cheated on by his wife of 3 years and she gave him gonorrhea. ALL of our female friends are taking her side. It's disgusting.

I said it once and I'll say it again: If you are a successful guy with things going for you, DO NOT settle down. You have far more to lose this way....and you will almost definitely lose it.

Old 09-04-2012, 02:08 PM

12,535 posts, read 15,200,884 times
Quote:
At least this thread brought out all the cheaters on this board, made obvious by them chastising your behavior, so if anyone had any hope for an online relationship with some of the unmentioned named, you better cross them off the list.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainJack87 View Post
I agree man. These girls defend cheating wives because they do the same thing.
Criticizing his behavior is not the same thing as condoning hers, nor does it imply in any way, shape, or form that those criticizing his behavior are cheaters.

Analytical thinking: Not just for breakfast.

You two must either be very young, very inexperienced, or both.

Old 09-04-2012, 02:11 PM

15,714 posts, read 21,068,969 times
Quote:
At least this thread brought out all the cheaters on this board, made obvious by them chastising your behavior, so if anyone had any hope for an online relationship with some of the unmentioned named, you better cross them off the list.
Because someone doesn't believe in revenge, all of a sudden they are cheaters? I've been on his side of the fence when I was a lot younger and I didn't create this kind of scene. There is no reason for it. It's not about getting revenge, it's about having some self-respect and pride and handling yourself with class.

How about he take the high road. There are better ways to "get even" that wouldn't have been so childish.

He is leaving the house to her and paying for it until she can afford to take over and pay the bills. She's getting a free ride even after her infidelity. If I were him I'd say "see ya" and walk out. I don't know why he feels he has to provide for her anymore, he owes her nothing. But...he thrives on drama. Walking out would be too easy, he wouldn't be able to make a spectacle of the whole thing.

He's a victim but he also likes playing the martyr. If he didn't, he'd have been LONG gone. This has been going on for over a year.

So yeah, I have no respect for him. He allows her to walk all over him and instead of leaving her high and dry he pays all her bills . He needs to put his big boy pants on already and be done with her.

Old 09-04-2012, 02:13 PM

15,013 posts, read 21,650,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEarthBeneathMe View Post
As I said before - were divorcing, I'm moving..

We're not trying to "save" anything, and realize we're better apart.

I'm happy she could find someone more compatible, better able to handle her anxiety and depression...9 years of it is more than enough for me...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
I hope you really do leave her, and, more importantly, I hope you heal emotionally from this. I know it's a bit too early to think about, but not all women are users, basket cases and cheaters. It takes skill to pick a good one.

And, again, you did NOTHING wrong with that Facebook stuff.

Old 09-04-2012, 02:14 PM

12,535 posts, read 15,200,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLAZER PROPHET View Post
I'm coming into this late and haven't the time to read the posts, so here’s my 2 cents...
Your first sentence is exactly why you should have stopped right there. Go read not only his other posts, but his other threads. He's pretty abusive, himself. Not that her cheating is an honorable thing to do. But the things he has done are just as reprehensible.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships