Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-05-2012, 06:23 PM

1,514 posts, read 2,119,307 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lariat View Post
Hahahaha oh man the relationship forum is always full of comedy gold.

I actually read the entire thread. Damn.
+1

Old 09-05-2012, 07:08 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,855,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsAnnThrope View Post
Oh me too.

I have actually had men come up and say to me "you are sooo pretty" then just walk away.

makes your day/week/month/year.

eta- this has only happened once ive got older, over 35. I was a plain child...
It just happened to me 5 minutes ago on my way to the train. It will be interesting to see what happens as I get older. I am headed into my 35 year.

Yesterday a woman came up and said I love your outfit!

Old 09-05-2012, 07:10 PM

42 posts, read 46,549 times
funny...just today I took my trash out at my apts and I heard someone singing in the background.
HEY HEY HEY..it fat Albert..nah nah nah nah...gonna have a good time and laughing ...that is so surrel.

Old 09-05-2012, 07:53 PM

3,426 posts, read 8,904,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Audioque View Post
Lol. Heaven forbids that an attractive woman knows that she's attractive and actually (gasps!) talks about anything in relation to her attractiveness . I guess some people like it better when others with distorted sense of their body image and poor self esteem talk about their "problems" (cause they could relate I guess...). So she actually thinks she's attractive. Now what is it to some of you people?
My response to this is this:

Quote:
I see you're fairly new here.

Do yourself a favour and check out some of the OP's other threads.

Old 09-05-2012, 08:32 PM

1,468 posts, read 2,150,827 times
No. Disagree. I've been approached when I was thin, approached when I was average, and approached when I was thicker. Plenty of guys date skinny girls.

Old 09-05-2012, 08:42 PM

4,001 posts, read 6,270,045 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
It just happened to me 5 minutes ago on my way to the train. It will be interesting to see what happens as I get older. I am headed into my 35 year.

One of the best compliments I can remember, a woman came up to me at the club and said

"I love your LOOK".

Old 09-05-2012, 10:26 PM

840 posts, read 1,146,598 times
Quote:
I see you're fairly new here.

Do yourself a favour and check out some of the OP's other threads.
New on CD or the Relationships board? I joined in September of 2011 while you joined in February of this year. Your concept of new is pretty...interesting.

So I did a quick 1 minute skim reading of her earlier threads...

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxbabeechick View Post
It seems like more and more places in Manhattan want a niche look in their servers. It's no longer just that you have to be a girl and look attractive, some places only seem to hire Eastern European chicks and there's this one bar I applied to and this other bar that I'm thinking of applying to that only has really tall, blonde female servers. I'm 5'4, not model skinny and definitely not a natural blonde. Makes me wonder if I should even bother applying at places where no one looks like me (even though I feel I've gotten way lucky in the past with that).

Of course, the places with the most diverse waitstaff are places where no one makes any money. Frustrating.
Quote:
I know this is a matter of perception, but I'm tired of hearing my friend whine about money. He's in his late thirties and is a single man making 200K with plenty saved and property in several states that he rents out. He's not rich but he's better off than a lot of people. Meanwhile our mutual friend and I (who he also whines to) are busting our asses just trying to pay our rent. We discuss this all the time. He takes 8K vacations and complains about how broke he is when he comes back. He will lose 20K in the stock market and sit in Penn Station crying (LITERALLY), asking me how he can afford his next drink. He permanently damaged his relationship with our mutual friend because she owed him 100 bucks (!) after her wallet got stolen and it took her 3 weeks to pay him back, and he wouldn't stop hounding her. Meanwhile he was bragging to her about taking girls on 2K dinners. Does he not understand how galling that is?

Should I outrightly tell him this behavior is really putting me off? Because I've hinted but I think I need to be more direct.
Quote:
Wow I recently got two pairs of fashion contact lenses (blue and green) for fun, because I saw one of my co-workers wearing a pair. I didn't know they were so controversial! Someone I know basically accused me of being self-hating and accomodating a "Euro-centric society". This person, as well as myself, works for a company whose image is typically associated with the blond-haired, blue-eyed sort of female, but I didn't enter that territory. So I googled it and there are all these sites in which people are accusing black women with weaves and colored contacts with being self-hating or ashamed of their "blackness"...
I fail to see the alleged narcissism that she's accused having. But hey, I don't pay as much attention to the "attention hog" as you do. So what do I know.

Old 09-05-2012, 11:19 PM

4,098 posts, read 7,104,854 times
Many of the guys I know can spot a boob job a mile away, and because of that, won't come closer. Maybe you look like 'high maintenance' or sound like it as soon as you start talking. You sound like you have a pretty high opinion of yourself, that can be a turn off for most guys.

Old 09-05-2012, 11:42 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,617,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post

I get a lot of lewd and borderline harassment comments, does that count?

Old 09-06-2012, 01:50 AM

2,953 posts, read 5,118,335 times
Quote:
I have a couple of male friends who actually loathe skinny women. "Bony". lol.

I think you've hit the nail on the head here with one word....ATTITUDE.

OP you can be as gorgeous as Rihanna, but if your attitude is chitty, you may as well be in a paper bag.

We all know from your other posts that you lack manners or modesty. It probably shows.

Now someones gonna say I'm being MEAN. I'm not a cheerleader for body modification in otherwise lovely looking young ladies. She has unfortunately fallen hook line and sinker for American society's ridiculous worship of the Barbie doll.
You used a very very lightskinned (and mixed race) woman as an example of someone that is gorgeous

anyway, society is much harsher on black women. and I am not surprised someone called the OP out for her hair not being real. as a black woman you can just NEVER win. if you wear weave you are being fake and then if you wear your hair natural its considered inappropriate. the only way they will be satisfied is if you are a white woman with naturally long hair.

Last edited by nyanna; 09-06-2012 at 02:26 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships