U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 09-04-2012, 06:38 PM

1,426 posts, read 1,024,645 times
Default People with Mental Disabilities on Plenty of Fish...

So far, on two separate occasions, I have run across a woman who I suspected has a mental disability on Plenty Of Fish...

On both occasions I had to talk to them a few times in order for it to become apparent, then certain clues from their pictures further clued me in..

Soo..what do people do in those situations?

I can't ask them, right?

How else do other people handle this?

And why am I being matched with two women who are MR?

I don't want to be mean, or insensitive..
Quick reply to this message

Old 09-04-2012, 06:43 PM

8,739 posts, read 4,680,930 times
just reject them like you would any other woman that doesn't pass your clean bill of health standards.

Old 09-04-2012, 06:43 PM

8,395 posts, read 5,634,350 times
Now if that isn't the pot calling the kettle black

Old 09-04-2012, 06:45 PM

626 posts, read 556,251 times
So you talked to them a few times and found clues in their pictures, and now you are sure that this woman has a mental disability?

Hm. Anyway, people with disabilities desire love and happiness too. What's your issue?

Old 09-04-2012, 06:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doll Eyes View Post
just reject them like you would any other woman that doesn't pass your clean bill of health standards.
But you can't tell off the bat, one was even very pretty.

Besides, I already gave her my number before things became apparent....

She's actually funny and kind of fun to talk to, I just don't want to lead her on.

Old 09-04-2012, 06:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEarthBeneathMe View Post

Besides, I already gave her my number before things became apparent....

She's actually funny and kind of fun to talk to, I just don't want to lead her on.

wth does 'one was even pretty' supposed to imply? are you some kind of a troll or just the run of the mill man? tell me so I know what to expect.....

like i said just reject her, tell her she's not up to your standards or she's slow or whatever. i actually had a man tell me I was slow, made my day. Give it a try.

Old 09-04-2012, 06:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doll Eyes View Post
wth does 'one was even pretty' supposed to imply? are you some kind of a troll or just the run of the mill man? tell me so I know what to expect.....

like i said just reject her, tell her she's not up to your standards or she's slow or whatever. i actually had a man tell me I was slow, made my day. Give it a try.
I would imagine I'm just an average man..

All I meant was I was flattered to talk to her, nothing in her profile gave clues, and I glossed over the grammatical errors.

Then we exchanged numbers..

I figure I won't initiate conversation, or meet. She'll probably lose interest shortly.

Old 09-04-2012, 06:54 PM

1,414 posts, read 844,501 times
Quote:

Besides, I already gave her my number before things became apparent.
who the hell are you, Carl Jung?

Old 09-04-2012, 06:55 PM

1,034 posts, read 649,967 times
What exactly did she do or say that makes you think she may have a mental disabilty?

Old 09-04-2012, 06:55 PM

Quote:
I would imagine I'm just an average man..

All I meant was I was flattered to talk to her, nothing in her profile gave clues, and I glossed over the grammatical errors.

Then we exchanged numbers..

I figure I won't initiate conversation, or meet. She'll probably lose interest shortly.

if you don't responds to her she probably will. people don't give the disabled people a chance but what else is new. if she's really M.R. then that is understandable, but whatever you don't have to give her a chance.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships