Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Fat or Skinny
Fat 14 31.82%
Skinny 30 68.18%
Voters: 44. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-12-2014, 12:38 PM

31,025 posts, read 22,064,322 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave nz View Post
Or in some cases he is wealthy. Like it or not that is a big factor. I'd say theres more wealthy guys that are either overweight or muscular rather than skinny.
Wealthy fat guys have no problems attracting women. Like someone said here "nothing dries up a woman faster than a man telling her how broke he is"

Old 08-12-2014, 01:01 PM

2,209 posts, read 2,317,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Llewelyn View Post
And I don't live in hotels so I won't be eating out, I'd have to prepare all 3000 of those calories. I'm also not going to compromise healthy eating to add in a few hundred calories. I'm not really concerned about the particulars of your situation either, I think most people prepare at least half their meals rather than dining out every meal, and if they don't then it wouldn't be a bad idea for them to start doing so.
Even healthy food is crammed with calories, so one doesn't have to eat junk food to consume a lot of calories. And you seem to think everyone is the same -- same metabolism, same body type, same body fat distributions, same appetites, etc., but people are different.

From personal experience, I see wide variations in my inner circle. I have tall, skinny friend's who never workout, never lift weights, never diet or restrict their food intake yet they are lean. Then I have other friends who train hard and consistently and restrict their diets yet are still carrying extra fat. There is often much more to it than person A eats more and burns less than person B to explain why person A is heavier or fatter.

Old 08-12-2014, 01:06 PM

2,209 posts, read 2,317,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OngletNYC View Post
Among the 40+ crowd, fat guys are lousy in bed. Believe me I have tried, never again! I will take skinny over fat every day of the week.
You've slept with every 40+ fat guy to know definitely that they are all lousy in bed? You must have a heck of a social life. How do you find time to sleep?

Old 08-12-2014, 01:21 PM

39,221 posts, read 27,592,812 times
Quote:
Note I said fat, not obese and skinny, not anorexic. Also, muscular or in between is not an option, to head you off right there

What say you?
Do girls have the third option besides the fat and the skinny?

Old 08-15-2014, 01:02 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,644,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthonyJ34 View Post
You've slept with every 40+ fat guy to know definitely that they are all lousy in bed? You must have a heck of a social life. How do you find time to sleep?
She must have a really efficient lifestyle.

Old 08-15-2014, 01:49 PM

3,051 posts, read 3,279,432 times
It really depends. If he's a big guy but tried to eat healthy and works out, but slips up occasionally, then I would be fine with that. Then again, given how easy it is for most guys to lose weight, that guy probably wouldn't be fat.

A guy with an unhealthy lifestyle, however, does not appeal to me. I tried to hang out with a guy who was on the bigger side, and he would talk about how he just wolfed down a tub of Ben and Jerry's or two Big King burgers. Gross. He was trying to be funny but instead it was alarming to me.

I work hard to try to eat healthy. It's a struggle for me because I am on the thicker side, so I feel like a hypocrite, but I work out and really try. I can't have someone in my life who would sabotage that.

Old 08-15-2014, 01:54 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,644,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarbonCountyLiving View Post
It really depends. If he's a big guy but tried to eat healthy and works out, but slips up occasionally, then I would be fine with that. Then again, given how easy it is for most guys to lose weight, that guy probably wouldn't be fat.

A guy with an unhealthy lifestyle, however, does not appeal to me. I tried to hang out with a guy who was on the bigger side, and he would talk about how he just wolfed down a tub of Ben and Jerry's or two Big King burgers. Gross. He was trying to be funny but instead it was alarming to me.

I work hard to try to eat healthy. It's a struggle for me because I am on the thicker side, so I feel like a hypocrite, but I work out and really try. I can't have someone in my life who would sabotage that.
So you're on the "thicker" side and work out and really try, but you wouldn't deal with a guy of similar description? I understand why you would feel like a hypocrite.

Old 08-15-2014, 02:34 PM

3,051 posts, read 3,279,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
So you're on the "thicker" side and work out and really try, but you wouldn't deal with a guy of similar description? I understand why you would feel like a hypocrite.
I didn't say that. In fact, if you read my first sentence, you'll see that I said the opposite. I would date someone who was bigger if he tried to eat healthy and worked out. Someone who brags about eating two huge fast food hamburgers doesn't fit that description.

Old 08-15-2014, 02:38 PM

4,848 posts, read 11,810,036 times
Quote:
Seriously? This chart says a guy who's 5'9" and weighs 155 lbs is fat.

Old 08-15-2014, 03:03 PM

5,452 posts, read 11,249,539 times
The link is BS. 155 lbs is 70.3068174 kilograms. But he should check his weight every now and then. He can't afford a few extra pounds. But right now he is within normal weight range.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships