Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-06-2012, 01:30 PM

9,130 posts, read 20,012,483 times

Advertisements

How dull would your life have to be that you would have to make up a story about yourself so that a woman at a bar was interested in you?

I find it hard to believe any woman would "fall" for a line about being a record producer. How does that even pass the snicker test? How many women laugh at that line before it works on one?

Better yet, are we being lied to right in this very thread? How can we trust someone who brags about lieing to women to use them?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-06-2012, 01:32 PM

5,653 posts, read 5,153,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doll Eyes View Post
hi baldrick,

I meant the ones that go around doing that type of stuff -- none of them care about how it comes across that no woman would want to sleep with them unless they create a facade. sorry, if that didn't make sense the first time.
Well I can't argue with that, those that behave in the manner that the OP describes have the predatory morals of a snake. Your spot on, they're pathetic.

Old 09-06-2012, 01:34 PM

4,187 posts, read 5,159,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Checkered24 View Post
How dull would your life have to be that you would have to make up a story about yourself so that a woman at a bar was interested in you?

I find it hard to believe any woman would "fall" for a line about being a record producer. How does that even pass the snicker test? How many women laugh at that line before it works on one?

Better yet, are we being lied to right in this very thread? How can we trust someone who brags about lieing to women to use them?
How do we know if this thread is real? Are WE real? What is reality?

We need to go deeper. BUUUAAAAM.

Old 09-06-2012, 01:36 PM

8,711 posts, read 11,732,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baldrick View Post
Well I can't argue with that, those that behave in the manner that the OP describes have the predatory morals of a snake. Your spot on, they're pathetic.

now there's other men that maybe don't make up a facade but they do similar things, but it's more say what the woman wants to hear in order to get sex. I am apt to beleive the majority of the men do this more then the OP's idea. agree or not?

Old 09-06-2012, 02:10 PM

5,653 posts, read 5,153,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doll Eyes View Post
now there's other men that maybe don't make up a facade but they do similar things, but it's more say what the woman wants to hear in order to get sex. I am apt to beleive the majority of the men do this more then the OP's idea. agree or not?
There's no way that I could disagree that many men will exaggerate if they think they're losing a woman's interest. Exaggerating how amazing the job is, giving it an exciting 'twist' and adding a '0' or two to how much they earn.

I think it's fair to say that streeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeetching the truth to almost breaking point is certainly not beyond a fair few men that thinks they're in with a chance, nor a proportion of women either. On both sides I don't think that they're normally premeditated (unlike in the OP), more the sort of thing that makes you go.. " what did I say that for?"

Old 09-06-2012, 02:32 PM

6,548 posts, read 7,279,139 times
There will be men who will lie about their income, job, car, etc. because this is something that attracts many women out there the same way there will be women who will show skin and try to be all sexy because this is something that attracts lots of men out there.

You will also have decent men/women who won’t need to rely on those things to catch someone’s attention.

Old 09-06-2012, 02:35 PM

14,294 posts, read 13,189,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by onihC View Post
There will be men who will lie about their income, job, car, etc. because this is something that attracts many women out there the same way there will be women who will show skin and try to be all sexy because this is something that attracts lots of men out there.

You will also have decent men/women who won’t need to rely on those things to catch someone’s attention.

And if you are skeezy enough for that game, I guess have at it. Cuz going out to a bar and bringing home everything he/she ever slept with sounds grand to me!

Old 09-06-2012, 02:37 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,168,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baldrick View Post
There's no way that I could disagree that many men will exaggerate if they think they're losing a woman's interest. Exaggerating how amazing the job is, giving it an exciting 'twist' and adding a '0' or two to how much they earn.

I think it's fair to say that streeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeetching the truth to almost breaking point is certainly not beyond a fair few men that thinks they're in with a chance, nor a proportion of women either. On both sides I don't think that they're normally premeditated (unlike in the OP), more the sort of thing that makes you go.. " what did I say that for?"
Agree!
Quote:
Originally Posted by onihC View Post

I know you always have to point out bad things that women do if the bad things that a man does is being discussed - but how on earth do you equate wearing sexy clothing to out and out lying about yourself? Why not just say that the OP is not a decent person and leave it at that? If you MUST drag women into this - why not just point out that there are women that lie about stuff, too - to get a guy to be in a relationship with her? I mean - at least that's on the same level. Maybe you could talk about how some women fake a pregnancy scare - something like that. Just trying to give you some ideas since it seemed that you were stretching a bit.

Old 09-06-2012, 02:38 PM

9,301 posts, read 8,347,687 times
NO!!! Do not lie to get the girl. You want to be real. If you lie to get the girl, in most cases, it will fizzle out. A large part of relationships is trust and to lie is to breach that trust.

I've had women get wet when I told them that I was a writer and aspiring filmmaker. I guess its the area I live in. (then again, I'm not lying). If you are going to tell a woman that you are a record producer, then you better be a record producer BEFORE you spout that.

But this thread might just be a fake thread. We never know...

If I were to lie, however, I'd come up with the wildest lie in order for it to be easy for the girl to know that I'm "lying."

Sometimes I'd tell a lady (who knows me for a while) that I'm the reincarnation of Bruce Lee. But I'd make it as clear as I can that I'm "being funny."

OP, you have a knack for creating controversy...

Last edited by TJenkins602; 09-06-2012 at 02:56 PM..

Old 09-06-2012, 03:00 PM

1,364 posts, read 1,806,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
This is one of the many reasons I have trust issues with men.

Trust no one. They're probably lying to use you.
Yeah, thanks OP for screwing it all up for us 'honest guys'.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships