Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-06-2012, 09:16 AM

22,768 posts, read 30,730,722 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinawina View Post
While I do enjoy a good troll thread and I will be reading this one for the chuckles, I did feel the need to point this out:

Beyonce is not biracial. For whatever reason that assumption keeps popping up (I actually argued with a white female once because she SWORE to me Beyonce had to be biracial since she's light and pretty SMH) - even tough her parents are fairly high profile people still think this. Her mom is Creole I think.

Okay, carry on.
Not to get into one of these "racial classification" threads ... which can get insanely pedantic... but Creole is one of the original American "racial mixtures;" if Beyonce is part Creole, then she is almost certainly mixed race, as that is what Creole means.

from Wikipedia:

Her mother, a Louisiana Creole, has African, French, Native American, and Irish ancestry; she is a descendant of Acadian leader Joseph Broussard.

Old 09-06-2012, 09:18 AM

629 posts, read 1,233,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Veyron View Post
I have a controversial question. Is dating someone from another race to have mixed babies wrong?

If it wasn't the only reason to date someone from another race but just another good reason.

This girl I used to talk to said we would have beautiful kids because of my height, complexion and my natural body build and her pretty feautures.

I do want my kids to be biracial.
And I do want a beautiful daughter. I mean come on no one wants ugly kids.

I want my daughter to look like alicia keys, amerie, Cassie, Beyonce or even dolicia Bryant

There was also a study down that determined that mixed people have better genes then pure breds. It sounds like a quote from the underworld series but it seems true. Whats your take on this?

Do you think there's other people out there who date inter racially for this reason as well?
What if you give both to an ugly son anyway? Will you put him down into a self hating man? You have to be open to possibilities when you become a parent. You children can become literally anything no matter how hard you try to "mold" them.

Old 09-06-2012, 09:23 AM

6,129 posts, read 6,810,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by le roi View Post
Not to get into one of these "racial classification" threads ... which can get insanely pedantic... but Creole is one of the original American "racial mixtures;" if Beyonce is part Creole, then she is almost certainly mixed race, as that is what Creole means.

from Wikipedia:

Her mother, a Louisiana Creole, has African, French, Native American, and Irish ancestry; she is a descendant of Acadian leader Joseph Broussard.
I know what Creole means.

I just meant that she does not have one white parent and one black parent. Are there white people in her bloodline? Sure, lots of lighter black people (and some darker black people) have white people in their bloodline. But that doesn't make her any different than any other light skinned black woman with 2 parents who identify as black.

Old 09-06-2012, 09:28 AM

67,650 posts, read 60,914,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnexpectedError View Post
But just because one set of people is pretty, doesn't mean another set isn't also pretty.
You and I know this makes perfect sense, but some people are such perpetual victims that they can't recognize truth when it's right in front of their noses.

OMG I said the word "nose." Must be a veiled racist remark.

Old 09-06-2012, 09:31 AM

21,192 posts, read 25,165,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyanna View Post
Because in society lighter=pretty. Most of the mainstream black women that are considered beauties are lightskin and/or biracial.
And there are even fewer Asian actors and even fewer mixed Asian actors. I must be ugly. If people think that white people are beautiful - they must think I'm hideous. If people think Heidi Klum is beautiful - then they must think I'm ugly because she's tall and I'm short. If people think Hugh Jackman is hot then they must think I'm ugly because he's a man and I'm a woman.

See how dumb that sounds?

Read this and stop with the self hatred. It's getting on all of our nerves.
Is Dark Skin Beautiful? « Ali Rey is Boss

Old 09-06-2012, 09:35 AM

26,700 posts, read 41,737,988 times
Quote:

I just meant that she does not have one white parent and one black parent. Are there white people in her bloodline? Sure, lots of lighter black people (and some darker black people) have white people in their bloodline. But that doesn't make her any different than any other light skinned black woman with 2 parents who identify as black.
Wanted to say something along the lines of this.

Old 09-06-2012, 09:37 AM

34,938 posts, read 36,253,872 times
Don't drag arguments from one forum to another.

Old 09-06-2012, 09:41 AM

35,095 posts, read 51,236,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Veyron View Post
I have a controversial question. Is dating someone from another race to have mixed babies wrong?

If it wasn't the only reason to date someone from another race but just another good reason.

This girl I used to talk to said we would have beautiful kids because of my height, complexion and my natural body build and her pretty feautures.

I do want my kids to be biracial.
And I do want a beautiful daughter. I mean come on no one wants ugly kids.

I want my daughter to look like alicia keys, amerie, Cassie, Beyonce or even dolicia Bryant

There was also a study down that determined that mixed people have better genes then pure breds. It sounds like a quote from the underworld series but it seems true. Whats your take on this?

Do you think there's other people out there who date inter racially for this reason as well?

Dating someone just to get pregnant is wrong, go to a sperm bank then you can pick and choose whomever you want according to their physical stats. Hopefully the children will not be as shallow as they grow into adults.

Old 09-06-2012, 09:44 AM

67,650 posts, read 60,914,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
Dating someone just to get pregnant is wrong, go to a sperm bank then you can pick and choose whomever you want according to their physical stats. Hopefully the children will not be as shallow as they grow into adults.
Right on.

I feel very sorry for any child of parents who put this much emphasis on looks.

And why intentionally choose to be a single parent? I mean, I have been a single parent, but it wasn't a choice I made prior to having kids. Why just "date" someone to get pregnant? The whole thing is whacked.

Old 09-06-2012, 09:46 AM

22,768 posts, read 30,730,722 times
Quote:

hmm.. well i'm not really following you. Sounds like you're saying that the only way Beyonce could be "mixed race" is if she had one white parent and one black parent... but surely you don't believe that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships