Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-08-2012, 09:27 AM

14,376 posts, read 18,360,681 times

Advertisements

So after a very chatty date with a good-looking, intelligent guy, we parted with a friendly hug. He did not indicate that he wanted to see me again. HOWEVER, after I got home I received a text that told me I smelled wonderful and asking what scent I was wearing.

We got along great during the date, and seem to agree about a lot of things. I found him very attractive. But he didn't give me any vibes one way or the other. Recently, I've come to trust my ability to gauge men's interest in me, so I'm a little confused. I'm actually very good at reading people.

The interesting part here is that this guy works in the mental health field and has done a lot of research about body language and what it means. I can't help but wonder if knowing what he does, he just masks his body language. Overall, he gave off a very neutral, but attentive vibe.

So do you guys think he wants to go out again or not?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2012, 09:29 AM

7,796 posts, read 16,394,284 times
Tell him you'll give him the answer on the second date.

If he wasn't interested, he wouldn't have texted you.

Old 09-08-2012, 09:35 AM

9,131 posts, read 19,995,776 times
I'd say he's interested. He texted you after with a favorable compliment.

Old 09-08-2012, 09:37 AM

1,259 posts, read 1,835,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheImportersWife View Post
Tell him you'll give him the answer on the second date.

If he wasn't interested, he wouldn't have texted you.
^^^this.
I will say this though.. From MY experience a guy who believes I could be long term for him makes sure to ask me while I am in his presence, "when will I see you again" and attempts to persuade me to solidify a date for him.

If a guy texts me after a date instead of letting me know he is interested in going out on a date with me again.. I began to pay close attention to whether or not he just wants a hookup.

If you could care less either way than of course this is not an issue.

Either way he has some type of interest. I'd go with the flow if I were interested to see where it takes me.. Good luck!

Last edited by FromTN2A2; 09-08-2012 at 10:55 AM..

Old 09-08-2012, 10:24 AM

12,322 posts, read 17,123,200 times
He's interested. I was shy and reserved with a woman myself a few months ago and she is my GF now. Not all Guy's get smoochy or aggressive right awat. That was a nice compliment. Tell him you will wear it again for him.keep us posted and all the best.

Old 09-08-2012, 10:37 AM

45,218 posts, read 100,676,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JrzDefector View Post
So after a very chatty date with a good-looking, intelligent guy, we parted with a friendly hug. He did not indicate that he wanted to see me again. HOWEVER, after I got home I received a text that told me I smelled wonderful and asking what scent I was wearing.

We got along great during the date, and seem to agree about a lot of things. I found him very attractive. But he didn't give me any vibes one way or the other. Recently, I've come to trust my ability to gauge men's interest in me, so I'm a little confused. I'm actually very good at reading people.

The interesting part here is that this guy works in the mental health field and has done a lot of research about body language and what it means. I can't help but wonder if knowing what he does, he just masks his body language. Overall, he gave off a very neutral, but attentive vibe.

So do you guys think he wants to go out again or not?
He's clearly interested, but playing it cool

Old 09-08-2012, 10:40 AM

1,259 posts, read 1,835,272 times
Lol, after reading everyone else's responses, I apparently do not attract the type that play it cool. Now this has me wandering what is it about me that makes me attract somewhat aggressive type of men. I started a thread about this a while back too. Yikes!

Did you text the guy back JD?

Old 09-08-2012, 10:40 AM

50,702 posts, read 36,402,571 times
I think you shouldn't be giving him this much head space after one date (and I say this after years of dating experience). You'll know if he's interested when he actually asks you out again - in the meantime make sure your life is full and that you are still trying to meet other guys until one steps up and tells you he wants to date you exclusively.

Old 09-08-2012, 10:48 AM

17,869 posts, read 20,987,260 times
If he's complimenting you on how you smelled, that should be a clear indicator that he's interested in you.

Smelling good is HUGE for me when it comes to dating. For me, if I find you not smelling very well when I'm around her, I immediately lose interest. I can understand that if you're just getting off work and you're not at your best, that's completely OK. But if you've got time to freshen up or shower, and you don't, it's like my brain senses a disturbance in the force.

And believe me, I work in a disgusting and smelly environment. I go great lengths to make sure that I smell amazing when I get out of the shower.

Old 09-08-2012, 11:40 AM

37,586 posts, read 45,944,432 times
He might be a bit shy...but clearly he is interested. I would reply in the manner that TheImportersWife suggested.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships