Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-09-2012, 03:29 PM

15,853 posts, read 35,093,444 times

Advertisements

I do not think that casual sex is wrong if everybody is on the same page. The problem is that women and men express their sexuality differently. Most women are taught that sex = love, a fallacy that has been perpetrated by romance novelists for decades. If women had sex for its own sake (like we did back in the 1970s when I was young), there is no harm, no foul. Yes, you can get diseases, so you take BIG precautions to stay safe. The problem is that many, many, many females dupe themselves into believing that if a boy/man has sex with them that they "love them". This is when it gets ugly because we all know that men are perfectly capable of having a sexual relationship without so much as the thought of love. In fact, truth be known, love - romantic love - as defined by women is pretty much non-existent in the male world. Too many young women think to themselves..."If I don't have sex with him, he'll find someone who will. Maybe if I do, he'll fall in love with me". wrong answer.

20yrsinBranson
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-09-2012, 03:32 PM

52,076 posts, read 52,537,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenneth-Kaunda View Post
Is pre-marital sex wrong?

let's say between regular partners, casual partners, one-night stands, or just by paying for it.

does it really matter and why?
What ever your value system is.

If so, then yes, if not, then no.

Old 09-09-2012, 03:48 PM

14,727 posts, read 33,332,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandpa Pipes View Post
Pre-marital sex come down to a matter of morals and if you have any or not.
While you are entitled to your point of view, it is definitely more rigid than the norm.

Old 09-09-2012, 08:53 PM

5,190 posts, read 4,833,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trackwatch View Post
Do a little search of Kenneth's other threads and you will have your answer.
oh look, King Troll Trackwatch is back! lol

Old 09-09-2012, 09:12 PM

8,928 posts, read 14,312,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertpolyglot View Post
While you are entitled to your point of view, it is definitely more rigid than the norm.
Well, the "norm" is way overrated. I'm sure Gramps certainly has a good reason for his belief, and what he's saying was almost universally accepted as truth, decades ago, but not in today's world. Present-day Americans are a bunch of impulsive horndogs, and we're not havin' that.

I swear that I wish I was the noble type who was able to wait until marriage. I truly admire those who did.

Old 09-09-2012, 09:19 PM

Location: where people are either too stupid to leave or too stuck to move
3,982 posts, read 6,680,118 times
According to Christianity yes but so is fantasizing about it so you may as well get your sins worth

Old 09-09-2012, 09:20 PM

22,284 posts, read 21,684,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nairobi View Post
Well, the "norm" is way overrated. I'm sure Gramps certainly has a good reason for his belief, and what he's saying was almost universally accepted as truth, decades ago, but not in today's world. Present-day Americans are a bunch of impulsive horndogs, and we're not havin' that.

I swear that I wish I was the noble type who was able to wait until marriage. I truly admire those who did.

No Gramps is wrong about this being a new thing:

Even Grandma had premarital sex, survey finds - Health - Sexual health - NBCNews.com

Quote:
Finer said the likelihood of Americans having sex before marriage has remained stable since the 1950s, though people now wait longer to getmarried and thus are sexually active as singles for extensive periods.

Old 09-09-2012, 09:23 PM

12,535 posts, read 15,183,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Djuna View Post
Premarital sex is only wrong if you're a religious nut who has a guilt complex over anything normal.
+1,000,000 if I could.

Men are like snow: You don't know how many inches you're going to get or how long it will last. Therefore, you'd better not take what the forecaster says for granted.

Old 09-09-2012, 09:27 PM

52,076 posts, read 52,537,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilac110 View Post
+1,000,000 if I could.

Men are like snow: You don't know how many inches you're going to get or how long it will last. Therefore, you'd better not take what the forecaster says for granted.
LOL... good one......

Old 09-09-2012, 10:03 PM

8,928 posts, read 14,312,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
Neither he or I said that premarital sex was some new phenomenon, but attitudes towards it have changed significantly over the course of the past century. That's the point being made.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships