Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-10-2012, 12:12 AM

2,414 posts, read 3,486,572 times

Advertisements

This is a natural response to getting hurt. The hurt like to hurt for whatever reason. If it will make you feel better call and vent or just let him have it, but in the end you have nothing to gain from it. The entire time he will be saying in his head, "I was right to break up with this crazy B"! Show some class, and stay above his childish games.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2012, 01:10 AM

8,779 posts, read 9,451,329 times
say it for what purpose? to feel better? you should already he isnt your issue to deal with anymore, you should feel great.
PS: stop trying to be "friends" with people that do horrible things to you. you're putting yourself in these situations

Last edited by rego00123; 09-10-2012 at 01:22 AM..

Old 09-10-2012, 08:29 AM

1,304 posts, read 2,575,996 times
I don't see exactly what he did wrong to get called immature or an as$hole? He liked her, but didn't like her in that way. Then he missed her and tried to reconnect with her to be 100% sure to see if he has the sparks again with her and he couldn't reproduce that feeling so he let her down quickly rather than wait months when she gets attached again and gets hurt. He didn't do anything wrong.

Old 09-10-2012, 08:39 AM

2,982 posts, read 9,835,373 times
Nah, don't, contact him, unless you want a FWB. cause thats what he's trolling for. He doesn't want a monogamous relationship, he wants you for booty calls. Leave it alone unless thats what you want to be.

Old 09-10-2012, 08:45 AM

4,103 posts, read 7,025,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blutoj View Post
Okay, I don't really want to tell him off, I'm just extremely pissed at the way things ended and I would love to give him a piece of my mind.*

Okay, here's my story...

We'd been dating for over 2 years. We were happy, in love, compatible, etc. You know, your ideal couple? Or so I thought. Anyway, out of the blue one day he says he thinks we should break up. Naturally, I was devastated.*
* * * "Why would you do this? I thought we were doing okay. I thought we were in love. What went wrong?"

* * * * * *I was that annoying ex girlfriend. Begging for another chance. Trying to fix some wrong that I was unaware of. Anyway, his reply was:

* * * *"you're a wonderful person. I really respect you. I think we made a great couple. But nothing lasts forever. I really like you, I just don't like the way we relate to each other anymore."*

I guess that made sense. We were in our senior year. And I guess I let the stress of applications, getting the best grades, and figuring out what to do with my life was getting in the way of our relationship. I'll admit. I was a little bitchy. So sue me, break up with me. Whatever.

Anyway, fast forward. I let it all go and had a great summer. Not a single date, or any other love interest. Not that I really minded....

As it turned out, this guy is going to the same college as me. Whoot. He texts me out of the blue and asks me to meet him for lunch. I thought it was weird, but accepted his invitation. When we met up, he told me how much he missed me, how I was such a wonderful girl, how he felt like an idiot for letting me go.... Yadda-yadda-yadda. He asked me for another chance. I figured, "what the hell?" It's not like I'm seeing anyone else, and I did really love him at one point.*

So for about 2 weeks, he was the sweetest guy. He kept telling me how
wonderful I was, how much he missed me. And I actually started to feel something for him again. But then, he tells me he's not into me. At all. These were his words. "I don't love you. I doubt I ever will. I feel nothing for you, just slight attraction. I love you as much as I love my friends. And I don't love my friends. I respect you. I just don't want to fool you into thinking something more will happen."*

So there I was, feeling like the biggest dumb ass in the world. He gave me all that good stuff, "let's still be friends, we can still date, but not really date."*

So I walked away. I started to cry, and made up some excuse about needing to be somewhere so he wouldn't see my tears... Again. His last words to me were, " I'm here if you need me. Let me know when you'll need to see me again."

This was a week ago. I've not contacted him, and he's not contacted me. What should I tell him? I don't want to walk away from this with him thinking he has something over on me. I want him to know how low he is. I want him to know that I don't want HIM. Not the other way around. I want him to feel rejected.*

It's his birthday in a few days. Should I tell him something? Like "happy birthday dillhole." Idk. I just want to leave this with the upper hand, you know?

Anyway, I just want some opinions on this. Maybe discussions amongst yourselves. You can use my story for your general amusement.*
Do not tell him anything. Do not contact him. Delete, delete, delete. All it does is make you look foolish and shows you still give a crap. Don't waste time on a person who won't give you the time of day.

Old 09-10-2012, 08:46 AM

6,926 posts, read 6,551,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by capitol View Post
I don't see exactly what he did wrong to get called immature or an as$hole? He liked her, but didn't like her in that way. Then he missed her and tried to reconnect with her to be 100% sure to see if he has the sparks again with her and he couldn't reproduce that feeling so he let her down quickly rather than wait months when she gets attached again and gets hurt. He didn't do anything wrong.
capitol;26026308 what is wrong with you!!!! He dated her for quite awhile and told her he was in love with her got what he wanted from her. Then he dumped her.

When they went to college he was alone and lonely and then called her because he had no one else. As soon as he found new friends he dumped her again. He's a complete a***.

Honey don't say a word to to him, call him, text him don't even say hi to him in passing, just ignore him and you will be the better person for it. You are to good for him, never forget that . We have all had our hearts broken at your age and you take it one day at a time. The hurt will eventually go away and you will have learned a valuable lesson.

Old 09-10-2012, 08:50 AM

45,217 posts, read 100,721,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by capitol View Post
Oh good grief

Old 09-10-2012, 08:53 AM

5,472 posts, read 7,604,665 times
I dont really see what the guy did wrong either. He broke up with OP, ended up going to the same school, missed the sex part and asked her to be FWB. At least the guy is upfront about it, but i keep forgetting that being a liar is substantialy more rewarded by women than being honest. Besides, why does anyone need to have the upperhand when breaking up? Who cares? its over, he wants fwb and you dont, tell him that and move on. Human nature never ceases to amaze me.

Old 09-10-2012, 08:54 AM

1,791 posts, read 3,181,164 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blutoj View Post
Okay, I don't really want to tell him off, I'm just extremely pissed at the way things ended and I would love to give him a piece of my mind.*

Okay, here's my story...

We'd been dating for over 2 years. We were happy, in love, compatible, etc. You know, your ideal couple? Or so I thought. Anyway, out of the blue one day he says he thinks we should break up. Naturally, I was devastated.*
* * * "Why would you do this? I thought we were doing okay. I thought we were in love. What went wrong?"

* * * * * *I was that annoying ex girlfriend. Begging for another chance. Trying to fix some wrong that I was unaware of. Anyway, his reply was:

* * * *"you're a wonderful person. I really respect you. I think we made a great couple. But nothing lasts forever. I really like you, I just don't like the way we relate to each other anymore."*

I guess that made sense. We were in our senior year. And I guess I let the stress of applications, getting the best grades, and figuring out what to do with my life was getting in the way of our relationship. I'll admit. I was a little bitchy. So sue me, break up with me. Whatever.

Anyway, fast forward. I let it all go and had a great summer. Not a single date, or any other love interest. Not that I really minded....

As it turned out, this guy is going to the same college as me. Whoot. He texts me out of the blue and asks me to meet him for lunch. I thought it was weird, but accepted his invitation. When we met up, he told me how much he missed me, how I was such a wonderful girl, how he felt like an idiot for letting me go.... Yadda-yadda-yadda. He asked me for another chance. I figured, "what the hell?" It's not like I'm seeing anyone else, and I did really love him at one point.*

So for about 2 weeks, he was the sweetest guy. He kept telling me how
wonderful I was, how much he missed me. And I actually started to feel something for him again. But then, he tells me he's not into me. At all. These were his words. "I don't love you. I doubt I ever will. I feel nothing for you, just slight attraction. I love you as much as I love my friends. And I don't love my friends. I respect you. I just don't want to fool you into thinking something more will happen."*

So there I was, feeling like the biggest dumb ass in the world. He gave me all that good stuff, "let's still be friends, we can still date, but not really date."*

So I walked away. I started to cry, and made up some excuse about needing to be somewhere so he wouldn't see my tears... Again. His last words to me were, " I'm here if you need me. Let me know when you'll need to see me again."

This was a week ago. I've not contacted him, and he's not contacted me. What should I tell him? I don't want to walk away from this with him thinking he has something over on me. I want him to know how low he is. I want him to know that I don't want HIM. Not the other way around. I want him to feel rejected.*

It's his birthday in a few days. Should I tell him something? Like "happy birthday dillhole." Idk. I just want to leave this with the upper hand, you know?

Anyway, I just want some opinions on this. Maybe discussions amongst yourselves. You can use my story for your general amusement.*
Sorry to hear you are going through a rough time

Old 09-10-2012, 08:57 AM

45,217 posts, read 100,721,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascension2012 View Post
I dont really see what the guy did wrong either. He broke up with OP, ended up going to the same school, missed the sex part and asked her to be FWB. At least the guy is upfront about it, but i keep forgetting that being a liar is substantialy more rewarded by women than being honest. Besides, why does anyone need to have the upperhand when breaking up? Who cares? its over, he wants fwb and you dont, tell him that and move on. Human nature never ceases to amaze me.
What is the matter with some of you people?

Did you read the OP? She did not report him asking her for a "FWB" arrangement

What he said when he came back was, "how I was such a wonderful girl, how he felt like an idiot for letting me go.... Yadda-yadda-yadda. He asked me for another chance".

You really call that a FWB invitation??

He clearly misled her and let her think he wanted her back as a girlfriend. He's a jerk
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships