Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-10-2012, 11:41 AM

1,514 posts, read 2,120,212 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoDoubt1993 View Post
Because before I meet some guy from online dating, I want to know that they are who they say they are (where they work, where they go/went to school, etc), that they currently look like the photos they have on their profile, they aren't married or already in a relationship (had that happen once...so glad I caught it, haha), that they have friends/family...those types of things. I don't let them FB friend me right off the bat...that's only after a lot of messages, phone calls, etc. I'm not one to just run and meet a guy after a day or two of talking to him. That's not how I roll.
People put fake info and pictures on facebook also.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2012, 11:42 AM

7,796 posts, read 16,400,337 times
Quote:
You were very lucky. I get that...you aren't going to know if any real spark is there until you meet. But, I'm super-cautious. I blame it on having a mom who worked as a parole analyst, lol...I've heard too many stories, haha. If the guy happens to go to the same school I do, I'm not QUITE as cautious, since it's easy enough to meet up on campus for a soda or something. But for the most part, I take quite a while to get to know them via messages, texts and phone calls before meeting them in person.

You're talking to the wrong chick when it comes to being super cautious. My whole family is in LE and I was headed into it...until I met my husband.

The irony is my father spent his 2nd career doing mostly computer forensics/crimes. That's how I got into computers and messageboards.

Old 09-10-2012, 11:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascension2012 View Post
not every woman is entitled to receive the gift. Only few lucky ones are enriched in these ways...
I'm sorry for the unfortunate few.

Old 09-10-2012, 11:51 AM

864 posts, read 1,454,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moe'sTavern View Post
People put fake info and pictures on facebook also.
I'm sure they do. But I also know I'm smart enough to know a fake when I see it.

Old 09-10-2012, 11:53 AM

864 posts, read 1,454,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheImportersWife View Post
You're talking to the wrong chick when it comes to being super cautious. My whole family is in LE and I was headed into it...until I met my husband.

The irony is my father spent his 2nd career doing mostly computer forensics/crimes. That's how I got into computers and messageboards.
Well then hopefully you understand where I'm coming from with being cautious, lol.

Old 09-10-2012, 11:54 AM

5,472 posts, read 7,605,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheImportersWife View Post
I'm sorry for the unfortunate few.
Their lives are changed forever. They have a really hard time finding equaly good time with another man. Sorry guys.

Old 09-10-2012, 11:56 AM

5,472 posts, read 7,605,427 times
Quote:
I'm sure they do. But I also know I'm smart enough to know a fake when I see it.
have you seen a documentary called Catfish? its right on topic - look it up

Old 09-10-2012, 11:58 AM

10,029 posts, read 10,893,510 times
Caution is important, also not getting your hopes up. I have been meeting guys and I meet them at the food court of my mall. We walk around the mall or sit in the food court and talk. I come in the mall and park away from the opening and get into my car fast, though as it turns out the guys I have met this time have been decent men.

Old 09-10-2012, 11:59 AM

2,152 posts, read 3,398,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascension2012 View Post
I made a profile on POF for ****s and giggles mostly, to gauge what type of women are on there. Within 2 days, i received close to 20 messages from mostly fairly attractive women, all willing to meet almost right away. Have dated two of them so far, both were willing to meet me at my place, both were willing andpushing for sex on first date, one of them decided that its unnecessary to even go on a date, instead we just hung at my place, had hours of great sex and she stayed over the next two nights. The kicker is, she isnt looking for FWB or occasional hookup, but rather an actual relationship. Horny women everywhere, and most seem less inhibited than in the past, which i love. I have shut down my POF account after 48 hours becasue i couldnt keep up with the demand. Im 37 years old, and this friday im going on a date with a brazillian 23 yo hottie who's been in the US for 3 weeks, who also has made it clear she wants sex right away. No problem girl, i wont dissapoint.
cool story brah

Old 09-10-2012, 12:00 PM

Quote:
Well then hopefully you understand where I'm coming from with being cautious, lol.
Again, maybe things are dramatically different from when I was online, but I can't imagine opening up my private life on FB just because I communicated with someone. Then again, I don't post much of my private life on FB because people underestimate how exposed they are.

The reality is that people can edit their lives, especially online. I know for me, viewing someone's actual behaviors and interactions can tell me a lot more than what they write me in a message or text.

I met guys who had great jobs & careers, were good looking, no priors , etc., but once I met them I knew something was off or that we weren't compatible despite having similar interests.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships