Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-10-2012, 04:00 PM

5,472 posts, read 7,605,427 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Like Sugar View Post
Maybe you're right. I just received the following introductory message from a guy on POF:

"I got the sense you're open minded, so I'd like to know if you'd like to be friends- and maybe you can help bring out my femme side more. I'd be totally cool with getting manis and pedis together and just sort of being one of the girls with you, just to see how it goes. Any chance? =)"

Um...WTF?? Nothing in my profile suggests that I'm looking for a male girlfriend!
Oh come on. Ive seen plenty of CD white knights claim they are seeking women who find their feminine side attractive. In their minds, they actualy exist in the real world.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2012, 04:03 PM

1,035 posts, read 1,397,535 times
What about the guys that are sincere and are NOT looking to harm a girl or have a one night stand, but online dating is there only option?

Old 09-10-2012, 04:04 PM

14,078 posts, read 16,611,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascension2012 View Post
Oh come on. Ive seen plenty of CD white knights claim they are seeking women who find their feminine side attractive. In their minds, they actualy exist in the real world.
He's a weirdo and he's getting blocked! lol

Old 09-10-2012, 04:34 PM

6,126 posts, read 10,108,604 times
Online dating isn't really that different than meeting someone while out and about. Everyone is a stranger at first no matter how you meet them.

Old 09-10-2012, 04:35 PM

67,650 posts, read 60,925,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascension2012 View Post
I made a profile on POF for ****s and giggles mostly, to gauge what type of women are on there. Within 2 days, i received close to 20 messages from mostly fairly attractive women, all willing to meet almost right away. Have dated two of them so far, both were willing to meet me at my place, both were willing andpushing for sex on first date, one of them decided that its unnecessary to even go on a date, instead we just hung at my place, had hours of great sex and she stayed over the next two nights. The kicker is, she isnt looking for FWB or occasional hookup, but rather an actual relationship. Horny women everywhere, and most seem less inhibited than in the past, which i love. I have shut down my POF account after 48 hours becasue i couldnt keep up with the demand. Im 37 years old, and this friday im going on a date with a brazillian 23 yo hottie who's been in the US for 3 weeks, who also has made it clear she wants sex right away. No problem girl, i wont dissapoint.
After using online dating as one method to meet people that I might be interested in dating and eventually marrying (which worked, by the way), I can attest that, just like in real life, there are all sorts of odd people out there.

Just as there are men and women out there in real life who will have casual sex with strangers, there are people online who will do the same. These people tend to find each other -whether on line or at a bar - or at the public library for that matter.

There are also people online who are NOT interested in casual sex - who are looking for serious relationships and marriage. My husband and I fell into that category, and we found each other within a few months of putting our profiles online.

Old 09-10-2012, 04:37 PM

5,730 posts, read 10,127,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bson1257 View Post
I don't understand why a woman would ever chat with someone from a dating site, then agree to meet them. How do they know this person well enough that they are willing to put their lives in danger to go meet a strange person?

Yes, because when my lady friend and I met for the first time at Starbucks it was SOOOOOO dangerous!

Old 09-10-2012, 04:42 PM

67,650 posts, read 60,925,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheImportersWife View Post
I don't know what online dating is like now, but I learned that you really can't get an idea of what someone is like online and the only way to find out if you're compatible is by actually meeting them.

I met my fair share of men from online and communicated with all of them for quite some time prior to meeting them. There was no connection with most of them. They sounded great on paper, but when we met, it just wasn't there.

My husband and I met 2 days after I replied to one of his messages on a matchmaking site. We both agreed it was a waste of time to corresponding online when we could just meet and see if there was a connection. Needless to say, we hit it off.
TOTALLY mine and my husband's experience. After a few months of meeting people after talking and texting and messaging for weeks, and then POOF - no spark - we had independently determined just to meet people quickly - short and sweet, no drama. If you decide you never want to see them again, it's not like there's any depth of emotion to the relationship.

My husband and I both had lots of FRIENDS - and plenty of people who were ready and willing - and eager - to date us. We just didn't want to date any of THEM. So we had turned to online dating because we had run the gamut of our social circles and literally didn't know a single person we had any interest in. Plus, we were both very busy professionals.

We met after just a couple of phone conversations and BAM - it was instantaneous fireworks! We were married ten months later and it's been seven great years together!

4,001 posts, read 6,272,868 times
I live in whats commonly called "the worlds largest village" and I am not joking, in a city of over a million people, there is only one degree of separation.

Example - I met and dated a guy online from way over the other side of town, who I would normally never, ever run into, either socially or through work. He turned out to do work for my son's best friends family restaurant and knew them very well, as did I.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
After using online dating as one method to meet people that I might be interested in dating and eventually marrying (which worked, by the way), I can attest that, just like in real life, there are all sorts of odd people out there.

Just as there are men and women out there in real life who will have casual sex with strangers, there are people online who will do the same. These people tend to find each other -whether on line or at a bar - or at the public library for that matter.

There are also people online who are NOT interested in casual sex - who are looking for serious relationships and marriage. My husband and I fell into that category, and we found each other within a few months of putting our profiles online.
Congratulations. No doubt there are people on there that are looking for different things. Most of the women i have talked to however, indicate that they are looking for serious relationship only, and more often than not tell guys who are looking for a one night stand, not to bother. But after exchanging a few messages, it becomes quickly evident that they have zero problem sleeping wioth me on the first date. In most occasions i have gotten naked pictures or pictures of their naked body parts, without asking foir such, before even meeting.

Old 09-10-2012, 04:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Like Sugar View Post
He's a weirdo and he's getting blocked! lol
Yeah, sounds a lil bit like a weirdo. surprised you wouldnt give him a spin...lol..;. go get a pedi together, talk about sex and the city, maybe a spa day...you know the routine =)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships