Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-10-2012, 08:19 PM

7,454 posts, read 13,425,022 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaoistDude View Post
Perhaps you can tell her the truth in a way that's not offensive. Something like, "I truly like you and think we're very compatible, but after that kiss the other day I am very disappointed that I'm not feeling any chemistry between us."
I don't agree with that approach.

IMO its better to tell a minor lie in this situation. Than to hurt her feelings. Females are super sensitive in this situation. Especially also since you mentioned she is vulnerable. End of the day, you need to end it one way or another. Better not to hurt her feelings and upset her anymore than you have to.

Last edited by dave nz; 09-10-2012 at 08:27 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2012, 08:30 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,623,707 times
Just tell her you aren't interested in having a relationship, but don't mention it's because she looks like a dude. Being on the receiving end of comments regarding my looks (ie you're amazing, but you're just not pretty enough for me) I'd rather they lied and just said there wasn't any chemistry instead of saying I wasn't attractive enough.

Old 09-10-2012, 08:58 PM

8,781 posts, read 9,450,158 times
your friends, nothing more.
dont get involved any further if you know its not what you need. you're just setting yourself up to be "that *******" to her.
be direct with her, you're both grown adults who have taken on the responsibility of trying to find a partner she deserves a proper explanation. you don't have ot go into deep detail, just that you are not physically attracted to her.

that's a wrap. move on with life.

Last edited by rego00123; 09-10-2012 at 09:25 PM..

Old 09-10-2012, 09:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rego00123 View Post
just that you are not physically attracted to her.
No way, don't do that.

Old 09-10-2012, 09:07 PM

819 posts, read 1,129,573 times
You could always let her down easy and simply say you're gay.

Old 09-10-2012, 09:23 PM

3,963 posts, read 5,694,681 times
Oh for god sake, are you adults? Tell her that you didn't find her physically attractive. It's understandable because you have to be physically attractive for someone to have an interest and then it goes from there. Just tell her straight up and if she takes offense then that is her problem. It's not your problem.

Old 09-10-2012, 09:32 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,623,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow Jacket View Post
Oh for god sake, are you adults? Tell her that you didn't find her physically attractive. It's understandable because you have to be physically attractive for someone to have an interest and then it goes from there. Just tell her straight up and if she takes offense then that is her problem. It's not your problem.
As someone who has been told that I wasn't attractive enough to date I'll have to disagree with this. It will stick with her for the rest of her life. In this instance, I'd rather be lied to.

Old 09-10-2012, 09:37 PM

3,963 posts, read 5,694,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
As someone who has been told that I wasn't attractive enough to date I'll have to disagree with this. It will stick with her for the rest of her life. In this instance, I'd rather be lied to.
We'll agree to disagree then but at least you can improve your physical appearance.

Old 09-10-2012, 09:39 PM

Quote:
Exactly.....she will never forget it and probably give her self esteem issues.

Old 09-10-2012, 09:42 PM

8,781 posts, read 9,450,158 times
Quote:
how would this even remotely bother you if it wasn't you so much as HIM not being attracted to you?
that's not his fault if you blame yourself for his lack of physical interest, its nothing you or he could control.
that's a serious personal issue that to me signifies someone having issues with self worth.

its not making anyone better to side step the real issues at hand. its just hiding them away to never be dealt with.

you dont have to be "mean" about saying this to someone, you literally just explain it isn't what right for you...which is the reality of the situation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships