Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-11-2012, 02:05 PM

49 posts, read 29,999 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by srjth View Post
I'm not a believer in snooping without strong suspicion. Why did you even do it?
Just plain curiosity. Like in the song, I found her diary underneath the tree... It was left open, he had fallen asleep... I just couldn't stop myself from reading. I know it's wrong, but it's done.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-11-2012, 02:11 PM

15,013 posts, read 21,650,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cluelessme View Post
Just plain curiosity. Like in the song, I found her diary underneath the tree... It was left open, he had fallen asleep... I just couldn't stop myself from reading. I know it's wrong, but it's done.
Curiosity killed the cat!

Old 09-11-2012, 02:12 PM

4,217 posts, read 7,301,138 times
How old are you?

You can never tell the context of things that are from the past and come to you indirectly. Your perception of facebook posts, his friends perception of his old relationship, your perception of emails etc is all too far removed to make rational judgments on. You have no idea the intimate details of why this relationship ended and he in turn ended up with you. The point is he ended up with you.

Old 09-11-2012, 02:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by srjth View Post
Curiosity killed the cat!
So I heard...

And I'm pretty sure the cat is dying a dramatic death right now...

Old 09-11-2012, 02:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by findly185 View Post
How old are you?
I am 33.

Quote:
You can never tell the context of things that are from the past and come to you indirectly. Your perception of facebook posts, his friends perception of his old relationship, your perception of emails etc is all too far removed to make rational judgments on. You have no idea the intimate details of why this relationship ended and he in turn ended up with you. The point is he ended up with you.
I just added the email, friends and other sources as an example. In my case, just his facebook messages. His story of how it ended pretty much sounds true. He said it just faded. I saw that in their messages.

What bothers me is this....

To the ex: Good morning my baby! I love you so much! I miss you so much... Reading your message when I woke up made me cry... I love you so much!!!!!

Variations: Good morning beautiful! I love you so much! I miss you so much... yada yada yada....

To me: Good morning baby.

Variations: Good morning beautiful.

:/

Old 09-11-2012, 02:23 PM

4,217 posts, read 7,301,138 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cluelessme View Post
I am 33.

I just added the email, friends and other sources as an example. In my case, just his facebook messages. His story of how it ended pretty much sounds true. He said it just faded. I saw that in their messages.

What bothers me is this....

To the ex: Good morning my baby! I love you so much! I miss you so much... Reading your message when I woke up made me cry... I love you so much!!!!!

Variations: Good morning beautiful! I love you so much! I miss you so much... yada yada yada....

To me: Good morning baby.

Variations: Good morning beautiful.

:/
So let me ask you this, if he had passion in that relationship but it burned hot and fizzled out...would you still prefer that over his more subdued love for you if it stood the test of time?

Old 09-11-2012, 02:24 PM

1,523 posts, read 1,954,054 times
I won't lie and say that I wouldn't be hurt because I would be. It would hurt if I'd been giving 100% and he'd only been giving 50%, but how would I have known that? I have loved each person I've been with differently than the one before; not intentionally.

Snooping is bad, bad, bad.

Last edited by Pikake; 09-11-2012 at 02:42 PM..

Old 09-11-2012, 02:26 PM

9,131 posts, read 20,009,690 times
So his messages are a little different.

Relationships and interpersonal relationships can vary greatly. It has nothing to do with having more, or less love for one person over another.

If those are representative examples, you are reading WAY too far into it.

Old 09-11-2012, 02:29 PM

14,376 posts, read 18,372,221 times
If I'm happy, I don't really care about what he might have done in previous relationships. If he was completely catering to his SO before me, it could be because she was simply higher-maintenance or more demanding. Or maybe he realized his actions were unnecessary, over the top, ridiculous, whatever.

You were happy until you snooped. I guess this is the penalty for that. Does he treat you BADLY? Then you just walk away.

My one ex married a woman who resented my presence in his life. He treated her quite well, but he had put me on a pedestal. I had done some very extreme things for him and his son when they desperately needed the help and my expertise. She wanted that same admiration he had voiced for me. She could never get over the fact that I held a special place in his heart, even though our relationship was over. But here's the thing: He came to realize that she would never put herself out the way I had and wasn't capable of that kind of effort, even if she had the knowledge I had. Rather than being glad that he had someone at his side to help him get through a very dark time (that occurred before he even knew her), she simply resented my very existence. She wanted to be adored in a certain way, and rather than acting in a way that was worthy of that she tried to erase the relationship he had with me so that she could take my place in that niche in his heart. The sad part is that he had very much wanted the relationship to work and was very much open to loving her with the same intensity he had felt for me, but her determination to obliterate any trace of what I had with him before she came along made him realize she was completely insane.

Old 09-11-2012, 02:31 PM

12,322 posts, read 17,132,701 times
Quote:
People change. Life changes. His habits with his ex vs you are probably reflective of a number of different circumstances. You'll drive yourself insane comparing yourself, trust me. You should let it go.
I agree. You are looking into the past here. Many relationships differ esp with the passing of time and new people. If you feel insecure in the relationship the best source of communication the person you are with-In the present time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships