Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Women - would you consider a man in a "gender-inappropriate" line of work for a LTR/marria
Yes, without hesitation 22 68.75%
Yes, but after some head scratching 1 3.13%
Neutral 2 6.25%
No, I don't think we'd hit it off 2 6.25%
No way 3 9.38%
Other - explain 2 6.25%
Voters: 32. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-13-2012, 04:23 AM

37,612 posts, read 45,996,704 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by burgler09 View Post
I've flown more than most people who don't travel for business.

However, the amount I've flown has absolutely nothing to with the fact that many people consider male flight attendants either gay or in a woman's job. Nice try?

Google:
Let me google that for you

I'm not speaking by my opinion. I am speaking about the millions of people who think it.
And I'm telling you - I have never, EVER heard anyone state such a thing. I really cannot imagine the lack of depth in a person that would make such an assumption.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-13-2012, 04:25 AM

16,391 posts, read 30,931,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
And I'm telling you - I have never, EVER heard anyone state such a thing. I really cannot imagine the lack of depth in a person that would make such an assumption.

I agree with you, but it's out there and a lot of people think that way. I think a lot of times, male flight attendants are even better than females.

Old 09-13-2012, 05:35 AM

19,046 posts, read 25,192,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertpolyglot View Post
Think back in your arsenal of movies. What about that scary woman that "Erin Brockovich" dropped off her kids to for day care?
Didn't she have the cute biker watching her kids? He was portrayed in a giving, nurturing light.

Old 09-13-2012, 10:53 AM

14,725 posts, read 33,371,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burgler09 View Post
I agree with you, but it's out there and a lot of people think that way. I think a lot of times, male flight attendants are even better than females.
On the transatlantic flights I've had, the Air France and Alitalia male flight attendants actually were pretty funny to the passengers in a way that would be considered socially acceptable. They were great. I've actually had more female flight attendants get pissy about chair inclination and buckling up during mild turbulence.

Old 09-13-2012, 10:56 AM

21,192 posts, read 25,168,171 times
Quote:
On the transatlantic flights I've had, the Air France and Alitalia male flight attendants actually were pretty funny to the passengers in a way that would be considered socially acceptable. They were great. I've actually had more female flight attendants get pissy about chair inclination and buckling up during mild turbulence.
When I was in college - there was a cute male flight attendant. When I got up to go to the bathroom - he came up to me and I thought maybe he was going to flirt with me. Instead, he asked me how old I was because I had to be at least 14 to sit in the emergency exit row... I was 20!!!

Old 09-13-2012, 10:56 AM

13,026 posts, read 24,628,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
I have to take exception with pig farmer. I have several in my family, and they actually smell quite nice, after they shower.
I apologise !

To be fair I have only known one Pig Farmer in Ireland and no matter how much he showered and how much eau de toilette he used there was still always a faint odour... He used to use quite strong shower gels and even tried "girly" ones because they are "sweeter" and nothing could quite ever get rid of it. I have appalling eyesight but a particularly developed olfactory system and it really put me off Pig Farmers for life.

And believe me he was a BABE ! He had that Irish thing going for him , the black hair and piercing blue eyes and this gorgeous accent but I never got used to the slight waft of Pig-Sty.

I shall not slander Pig Farmers any longer though.

Old 09-13-2012, 10:59 AM

14,725 posts, read 33,371,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
Didn't she have the cute biker watching her kids? He was portrayed in a giving, nurturing light.
The biker was her boyfriend. Watch it again. The woman she dropped off her kids to looked more like she was from Appalachia than LA and wore a bathrobe to the door.

Here's a story about "role appropriate" behavior. I was working on Seattle. I was walking through the floor beneath the one on which I worked.
Toothy college-educated dolt from WSU (the "country school" in the state) asks me what I did over the weekend.
Me: I saw "Erin Brockovich."
Him: That's a chick flick.
Me: It's anything but. You should see it.
When someone is that myopic, why waste your breath? It's the classic David beats Goliath legal drama, with some comedy thrown in because Julia Roberts was cast as a brassy and tacky chick.

Old 09-13-2012, 11:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
When I was in college - there was a cute male flight attendant. When I got up to go to the bathroom - he came up to me and I thought maybe he was going to flirt with me. Instead, he asked me how old I was because I had to be at least 14 to sit in the emergency exit row... I was 20!!!
That's cute.

Old 09-13-2012, 11:04 AM

Quote:
The biker was her boyfriend. Watch it again. The woman she dropped off her kids to looked more like she was from Appalachia than LA and wore a bathrobe to the door.

Here's a story about "role appropriate" behavior. I was working on Seattle. I was walking through the floor beneath the one on which I worked.
Toothy college-educated dolt from WSU (the "country school" in the state) asks me what I did over the weekend.
Me: I saw "Erin Brockovich."
Him: That's a chick flick.
Me: It's anything but. You should see it.
When someone is that myopic, why waste your breath? It's the classic David beats Goliath legal drama, with some comedy thrown in because Julia Roberts was cast as a brassy and tacky chick.
It was a good movie, although I don't remember the daycare woman. Such a woman would cause me to raise my brow. OTOH, Erin's social-class was a key component in that movie and perhaps that was used as an example.

Old 09-14-2012, 10:46 AM

42,763 posts, read 52,860,632 times
It was at-home daycare. Some are crappy. And paid under the table. But if it's the lady's house why dress up? Have you been to those mom and pop daycares!? They dress very unprofessional. They wear sweats and grand-ma looking clothes. No self respect. Or they were band dorks in high school. They usually hate their life. I'd watch these daycares.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships