Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Women - would you consider a man in a "gender-inappropriate" line of work for a LTR/marria
Yes, without hesitation 22 68.75%
Yes, but after some head scratching 1 3.13%
Neutral 2 6.25%
No, I don't think we'd hit it off 2 6.25%
No way 3 9.38%
Other - explain 2 6.25%
Voters: 32. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-11-2012, 08:40 PM

1,514 posts, read 2,120,212 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
Gender inappropiate....Um.

Male Tampon tester...
Male preschool Teacher whom can't change kids.
Male Kindergarten teacher again can't change kids.
Though I had a male gyno. I prefer a female they know more how "it feels" to be uncomfortable.

But many jobs can be for either sex.
I don't even want to know what the qualifications are for this job.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-11-2012, 09:43 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,860,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moe'sTavern View Post
I don't even want to know what the qualifications are for this job.
They stick them up their butt. Lmao! Kidding.
The scientist/ inventer creates the best kind.

Old 09-11-2012, 09:51 PM

14,725 posts, read 33,371,861 times
Quote:
They stick them up their butt. Lmao! Kidding.
You are getting weirder and weirder. What's going on? Birthday blues?

I "tested" these the first year of HS. I don't have sisters. I came home from summer school and a friend was walking home with me. I got the mail. There was a thin box saying "for the lady of the house." I knew it was a sample of some kind, so I opened it. They were a pair of tampons in their applicator tubes. I pushed on them and saw the circular pad move up. I put one in the sink and it expanded. A light bulb went on. I told my friend: let's collect these from the apartments in the neighborhood. One of our friends was out of state on vacation, so we filled up his backyard pool with "food colored" tested versions.

See, Raena, I could have had that job at age 14.

Old 09-11-2012, 11:03 PM

2,095 posts, read 3,102,717 times
Quote:
Gender inappropiate....Um.

Male Tampon tester...
Male preschool Teacher whom can't change kids.
Male Kindergarten teacher again can't change kids.
Though I had a male gyno. I prefer a female they know more how "it feels" to be uncomfortable.

But many jobs can be for either sex.
LOL!

I actually prefer male gynecologists. All of the female gynos I've had have been like "oh suck it up, it's just a speculum" whereas the male gynos have been more delicate and afraid to hurt me.

Old 09-11-2012, 11:39 PM

37,617 posts, read 45,996,704 times
I have flown a LOT. Too many times to even count. Plenty of male flight attendants, I wouldn't consider it to be even "atypical". Same with teachers. And nurses. And even librarians.

Old 09-12-2012, 12:22 AM

16,391 posts, read 30,931,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertpolyglot View Post
Yes. This. That attitude you describe.

Incidentally, I knew of someone from college who was a realtor. His best friend worked his way up and became a pilot. My realtor friend said that the pilot and his fellow pilots did not have the most flattering views of male flight attendants.

To Tri and Chessie, I SHOULD have said gender-atypical.

Thus far, the poll has one (1) "No way" as a response.

You're also forgetting the fact that what most people say and what they'll do are two very different things. Nursing is still seen by many as a female job, and I bet there are a TON of women who wouldn't date a male nurse for that reason. Male flight attendant is something that has been much more prevalent recently, but it is very recent. If I had to guess, there are tons of people who would still consider most of them gay.

Librarian, I don't think that was ever thought of as females, another one is a teacher that isn't teaching science. Literature has always been something that was thought highly upon, even many years ago. It was certainly men doing this.

Old 09-12-2012, 01:08 AM

16,488 posts, read 24,480,822 times
As long as he acted like a man it would not bother me if he worked in any of those places.

Old 09-12-2012, 02:41 AM

102,211 posts, read 107,904,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burgler09 View Post
Male flight attendant is something that has been much more prevalent recently, but it is very recent. If I had to guess, there are tons of people who would still consider most of them gay.
Oh good grief! Male flight attendants have been around since the gender-neutral term: "flight attendant" was coined, and no one has ever thought they were gay. To the contrary, some women wouldn't date them because of the perception that it's too easy for them to cheat.

Old 09-12-2012, 03:00 AM

16,391 posts, read 30,931,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Oh good grief! Male flight attendants have been around since the gender-neutral term: "flight attendant" was coined, and no one has ever thought they were gay. To the contrary, some women wouldn't date them because of the perception that it's too easy for them to cheat.

Just because you have a certain view doesn't mean everyone else agrees with you. There are easily many millions of people that think flight attendants should be only women and that the men in them are gay. Honestly, I don't even know how you could disagree with me here

Here are some numbers for you.

"Although flight attendants continue to be predominantly female, males have increased their presence between 1980 (19.3 males per 100 females) and 2007 (26.4 males per 100 females). "

Old 09-12-2012, 03:02 AM

102,211 posts, read 107,904,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burgler09 View Post
Just because you have a certain view doesn't mean everyone else agrees with you. There are easily millions of people that think flight attendants should be only women and that the men in them are gay.

Here are some numbers for you.

"Although flight attendants continue to be predominantly female, males have increased their presence between 1980 (19.3 males per 100 females) and 2007 (26.4 males per 100 females). "
How does your quote prove anything about whether flight attendants are viewed as gay or not? How is it relevant to anything I said?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships