Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-12-2012, 06:44 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,586,156 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doll Eyes View Post
lmao. so?? I am not 'mad' I just think it's dumb how some people think they can 'point' an invisible internet finger and that actually affects something.

it does nothing, nothing at all. but carry on.
Obviously, it affects you, or you wouldn't be spending so much time telling me how much it doesn't affect you......
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-12-2012, 06:46 PM

8,711 posts, read 11,713,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
Obviously, it affects you, or you wouldn't be spending so much time telling me how much it doesn't affect you......

No what I'm saying is it's not going to do a damn thing in relation to my posts, so you're pointing out this and that, good I guess. it's a waste of your time either way. Got it? If not, oh well.

Old 09-12-2012, 06:47 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,586,156 times
Quote:
No what I'm saying is it's not going to do a damn thing in relation to my posts, so you're pointing out this and that, good I guess. it's a waste of your time either way. Got it? If not, oh well.

Old 09-12-2012, 06:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post

well the topic is about physical beauty of women. you don't go for those types but most of the other men DO. how you can deny this, I don't even know lucario. if that was the case women would go to the club in sweatpants and tank tops.

Old 09-12-2012, 07:09 PM

571 posts, read 1,198,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
Completely agreed!!! Some of the prettiest 'natural' beauties I know have had cosmetic word done and spent a buttload of time and money on their appearance... you just wouldn't know it by glancing at them because they're damn good at it

And you think most women don't constantly work at that? Teeth whitening, veneers, working out, drinking water and taking vitamins to keep their eyes clear, expertly applied makeup to make it look like they're not wearing any etc etc. Even down to hair treatments (even if it's at home) coloring, manicures etc. it takes hours and hours to look 'naturally' pretty. Plus, you'd be surprised how much well groomed eyebrows can change a persons face. That's one thing that I do maintain because I've seen the difference it can make in a person.

I tried it once, it was exhausting, and I did most of it by myself at home.

Why is everyone painting with such a broad brush? At the risk of sounding conceited, people often imply that I am "high maintenance" when I'm no where close to it. The only thing I do daily to maintain my looks is exercise - and that's a 45-minute workout and I make sure I read for 30 minutes of it, to get more out of my time. I have long wavy hair (rarely trimmed and when I do, it's at Super Cuts or Great Clips). I've tried expensive salons and there is no difference for me. I don't dye my hair and I don't get highlights. I don't get my eyebrows professionally done, I don't go to a dermatologist. I do my own nails. I'm not hairy at all, so no need to wax or laser. I had braces as a teenager, and I don't drink coffee or smoke - so no teeth whitening necessary (I've never had a cavity so no spending $ on dental).

I make sure to dress nice - I wouldn't be caught out in sweats. I do love nice clothes, but I've maintained the same weight since high school so I don't need a revolving closet with different sizes.

People refer to me as glamorous, as my hair is always groomed and I at least wear lipgloss when going out. Many have expressed surprise when I say I camp with my kids because they say I don't look like I'd be into camping. I had an acquaintance at dinner comment once that she'd love to spend more time on her clothes like I do, except that she wasn't lucky enough to have 'hired help' (I never have, but she was assuming).

To each his own - I personally love the glam look, but I also appreciate women who can sport a wholesome look. I just don't know why people have to attach morality to it and make comments about any type of decent appearance having to be "fake".

Old 09-12-2012, 07:27 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,580,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelcake4 View Post
Why is everyone painting with such a broad brush? At the risk of sounding conceited, people often imply that I am "high maintenance" when I'm no where close to it. The only thing I do daily to maintain my looks is exercise - and that's a 45-minute workout and I make sure I read for 30 minutes of it, to get more out of my time. I have long wavy hair (rarely trimmed and when I do, it's at Super Cuts or Great Clips). I've tried expensive salons and there is no difference for me. I don't dye my hair and I don't get highlights. I don't get my eyebrows professionally done, I don't go to a dermatologist. I do my own nails. I'm not hairy at all, so no need to wax or laser. I had braces as a teenager, and I don't drink coffee or smoke - so no teeth whitening necessary (I've never had a cavity so no spending $ on dental).

I make sure to dress nice - I wouldn't be caught out in sweats. I do love nice clothes, but I've maintained the same weight since high school so I don't need a revolving closet with different sizes.

People refer to me as glamorous, as my hair is always groomed and I at least wear lipgloss when going out. Many have expressed surprise when I say I camp with my kids because they say I don't look like I'd be into camping. I had an acquaintance at dinner comment once that she'd love to spend more time on her clothes like I do, except that she wasn't lucky enough to have 'hired help' (I never have, but she was assuming).

To each his own - I personally love the glam look, but I also appreciate women who can sport a wholesome look. I just don't know why people have to attach morality to it and make comments about any type of decent appearance having to be "fake".
I have absolutely no issues with women who take care of their appearance. I do basically everything you do and I'm not attractive. You have to have the base to start with and you seem very lucky in that respect. I also don't drink coffee or smoke (although I did on and off, maybe 2 cigarettes a month a few years back) and my teeth aren't completely white or straight even though I had braces for 5 years, I've also never had a cavity. My hair started greying at 17 and I'm about 50% salt and pepper at 28, so yes, I dye my hair.

Sometimes, people are lucky and don't have to try as hard, you're one of them. There are many women out there who have to try just to look 'naturally' pretty.

Old 09-12-2012, 07:34 PM

24,606 posts, read 55,914,193 times
Quote:
call it whatever you want; most of the men like women that do themselves up with hair, make up and clothing. you say otherwise, oh well and stop calling me sweetheart in a condescending manner.
I agree most men DO prefer women with at least some makeup. Women who think men prefer the 'natural' look are kidding themselves. Few women these days truly sport the natural look (depending on your area). Many men would be shocked at how that 'hot chick' looks au naturale. Some women think that because they look good in makeup they should look good without it, and feel a sense of superiority that they are naturally more attractive than men.

Old 09-12-2012, 07:35 PM

24,606 posts, read 55,914,193 times
I guess it's just easy to typecast people. Best not to forgot people are individuals with idiosyncracies.

Old 09-12-2012, 07:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
I agree most men DO prefer women with at least some makeup. Women who think men prefer the 'natural' look are kidding themselves. Few women these days truly sport the natural look (depending on your area). Many men would be shocked at how that 'hot chick' looks au naturale. Some women think that because they look good in makeup they should look good without it, and feel a sense of superiority that they are naturally more attractive than men.

i sport the natural, don't care look. It's never been successful anyways, LOL. I agree with you though, most men would be very shocked to see what wonders make can do, to a certain extent. If you seen those celebs without make up tabloids it's crazy how their looks change. BUT if some woman think just slapping on some make up is going to turn her from ugly to pretty, I don't believe that.

Old 09-12-2012, 07:56 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,766,074 times
Quote:
i sport the natural, don't care look. It's never been successful anyways, LOL. I agree with you though, most men would be very shocked to see what wonders make can do, to a certain extent. If you seen those celebs without make up tabloids it's crazy how their looks change. BUT if some woman think just slapping on some make up is going to turn her from ugly to pretty, I don't believe that.
I sport the plus model look.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships