Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-13-2012, 01:48 AM

3,633 posts, read 5,789,009 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MatildaLoo View Post
Yeah but I guess the OPs brother was there this time too? Or did I misunderstand? Anyway, it sounds like maybe she just wasn't clear.

To the OP: would you consider calling her and asking her on a date date, and making it clear that it is a date? Or are you done with her?

Yeah my brother unexpectedly showed up after about 45 minutes of my date, until that point it was me and her. Go back and read and you will see that I mentioned he showed up after I had been with her for a while. I didn't know he was coming, he knows people up there and I didn't know he was going to go out that night, but he did. So I think u did misunderstand. In what world would a girl who had been flirting with me the first time I met her set up a meet up just to 'hang out' as if she wanted to just be my friend? She should have assumed or thought it out and told me we were only going to hang out and that she was having a 'date' come to be with her later that night.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-13-2012, 01:53 AM

19,112 posts, read 30,628,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RazorRob305 View Post
Yeah my brother unexpectedly showed up after about 45 minutes of my date, until that point it was me and her. Go back and read and you will see that I mentioned he showed up after I had been with her for a while. I didn't know he was coming, he knows people up there and I didn't know he was going to go out that night, but he did. So I think u did misunderstand. In what world would a girl who had been flirting with me the first time I met her set up a meet up just to 'hang out' as if she wanted to just be my friend? She should have assumed or thought it out and told me we were only going to hang out and that she was having a 'date' come to be with her later that night.
I flirt with my guy friends all the time... and we're not interested in each other. If your brother and his lady showed up halfway through the date and started hanging out, that would just cement it for me that it was not a date.

Next time, use the word date when you ask her out. Make it KNOWN that it is your intention to take her out and don't let her just make assumptions about it. I've been on the other end of that many times, where a guy asked me to go out and I thought it was a date when it ended up being just to 'hang out'.

Old 09-13-2012, 01:56 AM

2,095 posts, read 3,102,717 times
Quote:

Maybe she was hedging her bets then? She wanted to see which one she liked better: you or the other dude.

Seriously, unless you ask her what's up you'll never really know.

Old 09-13-2012, 02:04 AM

16,391 posts, read 30,931,772 times
You guys really think there was anything this guy could have done? It had nothing to do with the guy and everything do with the girl here. His brother showed up AFTER they were out, and AFTER this other dude showed up. If anything he was lucky his brother happened to show up to make it at least a little bit less awkward.

Why in the world would the OP call this girl to find out what's up? It sounds like a complete waste of time. Write it off as something to laugh about.

Old 09-13-2012, 02:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by burgler09 View Post
You guys really think there was anything this guy could have done? It had nothing to do with the guy and everything do with the girl here. His brother showed up AFTER they were out, and AFTER this other dude showed up. If anything he was lucky his brother happened to show up to make it at least a little bit less awkward.

Why in the world would the OP call this girl to find out what's up? It sounds like a complete waste of time. Write it off as something to laugh about.
Well yeah, it has everything to do with the OP because

1.) Either he wasn't clear that it was a date

or

2.) She wasn't that into him and preferred being with the other dude

I couldn't care less whether he calls her or not, but why should the girl be blamed when we don't know both sides?

Old 09-13-2012, 02:09 AM

3,633 posts, read 5,789,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
I flirt with my guy friends all the time... and we're not interested in each other. If your brother and his lady showed up halfway through the date and started hanging out, that would just cement it for me that it was not a date.

Next time, use the word date when you ask her out. Make it KNOWN that it is your intention to take her out and don't let her just make assumptions about it. I've been on the other end of that many times, where a guy asked me to go out and I thought it was a date when it ended up being just to 'hang out'.
How many times have you gone to a bar to make 'friends'? She wasn't my friend. and if my brother and his girl happened to show up at the only bar in the area out of the blue 45 minutes into my date that doesn't change anything from being a date between me and the girl to now simply hanging out. I don't understand how you would logically think that is the case. Why is the word date neccesary when once again I am not this girl's friend and we were flirting with each other the first time I met her. I can tell the difference between when someone is flirting or just being nice. You have no clue about the conversation on the first night or the mood that was there, so how do you come to the conclusion that either me or this girl should have been more clear by saying the word date? Why would I buy someone a drink and they accept if they are only 'hanging out', but yet they don't offer me a drink? On dates guys usually offer a girl a drink when they go to a bar. By the experiences I had in seeing her since then with other people at that place, I know she is just a player. She is definatly not trying to make 'friends' or 'buddies' with guys. I just want to know why people would do things like this. Why would they set up a date or meeting with someone, knowing they have another date or meeting the same night same place without informing me before hand that this was just going to be a game of pool after all the flirting that went on. The bet I placed with her to wash her car sometime is not the kind of bet a woman would make with a stranger in hopes of finding out if he could potentially be someone to 'hang out with'.

Old 09-13-2012, 02:16 AM

Quote:
How many times have you gone to a bar to make 'friends'? She wasn't my friend. and if my brother and his girl happened to show up at the only bar in the area out of the blue 45 minutes into my date that doesn't change anything from being a date between me and the girl to now simply hanging out. I don't understand how you would logically think that is the case. Why is the word date neccesary when once again I am not this girl's friend and we were flirting with each other the first time I met her. I can tell the difference between when someone is flirting or just being nice. You have no clue about the conversation on the first night or the mood that was there, so how do you come to the conclusion that either me or this girl should have been more clear by saying the word date? Why would I buy someone a drink and they accept if they are only 'hanging out', but yet they don't offer me a drink? On dates guys usually offer a girl a drink when they go to a bar. By the experiences I had in seeing her since then with other people at that place, I know she is just a player. She is definatly not trying to make 'friends' or 'buddies' with guys. I just want to know why people would do things like this. Why would they set up a date or meeting with someone, knowing they have another date or meeting the same night same place without informing me before hand that this was just going to be a game of pool after all the flirting that went on. The bet I placed with her to wash her car sometime is not the kind of bet a woman would make with a stranger in hopes of finding out if he could potentially be someone to 'hang out with'.
Because maybe we were trying to be nice and say that maybe she wasn't clear it was a date, instead of saying "Dude, she wasn't into you."

Why do they do it? Because some people are a-holes, and some don't know how to say no.

Old 09-13-2012, 02:17 AM

19,112 posts, read 30,628,399 times
Quote:
Again, I'm just trying to give you MY perspective because this has happened before to me, where I thought it was a date and it turned out not to be. I've had guy friends buy me drinks, I've bought guys drinks. Hell, I've bought my girlfriends drinks on multiple occasions. I've had conversations that were 'flirty' with men and they've had girlfriends or wives, I've also had conversations with men that I thought were flirty and then thought they were asking me out and turned out to be VERY wrong.

Oh, and the bar I go to...I've met some incredible people there. So much so, we've become a bit of an extended family... we actually have bbqs at the bar for just us on Sundays, and movie nights on Thursdays. We attend each others birthdays, I've met many of their families and we are in contact regularly after meeting at that bar. So yeah, some people do go to bars to seek friends.

Seriously. Chalk it up to not being specific enough, hints don't always work with some people. A friend of mine flirted with a guy for MONTHS before he finally got the hint and she ended up asking him out, and this was after playing pool (he even gave her a pool stick) texting and hanging out fairly consistently. He thought she was just a buddy until she spelled it out. Some people are just thick when it comes to dating.

Old 09-13-2012, 02:20 AM

28,226 posts, read 36,876,599 times
Until you use the "d word" it isn't really clear what's going. You should definitely be specific. I am also one of those clueless women.

Old 09-13-2012, 02:22 AM

4,001 posts, read 6,272,868 times
Helluva long story to get to the obvious...

She's interested in pool not dating.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships