Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-13-2012, 10:30 AM

14,294 posts, read 13,189,540 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascension2012 View Post
You may not, but many, many women use sex as a weapon and nogotiating tool.

YES this happens. This is part of a disfunctional cycle born of misinformation and cultural foolishness. I advise every man I come across who deals with this to read hold on to your N.U.T.S. and head over to the clubhouse at www.talkaboutmarriage.com and learn how to man up.

BUT you do, make sure you are ready to make deposits in her love bank as well.

Old 09-13-2012, 10:31 AM

21,192 posts, read 25,168,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Currency Pair Crocodile View Post
Just coz he's a breastcrocodile does not mean he has to compromise on booties which are so flat he can iron his shirt on it.
You're too funny!

Old 09-13-2012, 10:33 AM

2,427 posts, read 3,984,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by somebodynew View Post
BUT you do, make sure you are ready to make deposits in her love bank as well.
omg you are on an awesome roll with phrasing today. certifiably female. deposits in the love bank

i just want to wrap some of these sentences in foil and snack on them like chocolate

Old 09-13-2012, 10:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OdysseusNY View Post
omg you are on an awesome roll with phrasing today. certifiably female. deposits in the love bank

i just want to wrap some of these sentences in foil and snack on them like chocolate
om nom nom

Old 09-13-2012, 10:45 AM

5,347 posts, read 7,199,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainJack87 View Post
He settled for the first girl that came along, instead of getting what he really wants. Many men do that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascension2012 View Post
You may not, but many, many women use sex as a weapon and nogotiating tool. Cmon guys, stop pretending like reality doesnt exist. Many married guys sleep on the couch, when their wifey gets pissed off about something, sometimes something trivial. sex should never be used as a reward or punishment yet majority of women do just that. However, in most of these cases, it is so becasue the man allows it. this is a pretty typical scenario for nuice guys and white knights, who wait 90 days for sex when dating and shower women they are dating with gifts and compliments. Early on in those relationships forming, men establish this dynamic, that sex matters more to them than the women they are seeing and they see the need to earn it.
Of course this is all true. But I don't know if these people are being naive or simply living under a rock.

Old 09-13-2012, 10:47 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,701,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KittyGirl88 View Post
Long story short, there's something strange I've noticed about men.

They will marry one woman, but claim to be attracted to women that look TOTALLY different.

For example, I was on Facebook the other day, looking through random profiles. I seen a man that was married to a super skinny female (body frame of a man - no butt at all, no breast, straight up and down). However, every page he liked were pages such as:

* Men that love huge butts?

* Men that love huge breast?

* Men that love thick women?

But his wife is the complete opposite. Men, what's up with this?
Oh good, an easy question. Men frequently like more than one body type, as do women. Sorry I'm not a man, but you don't need to be a man to know that.

Old 09-13-2012, 10:49 AM

45,217 posts, read 100,729,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BradPiff View Post
Of course this is all true. But I don't know if these people are being naive or simply living under a rock.
No one here is naive and no one lives under a rock

AND no one is saying these things you quoted don't sometimes happen.

They are just not as common or normal as some with more skewed twisted views here like to believe

Old 09-13-2012, 10:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
No one here is naive and no one lives under a rock

AND no one is saying these things you quoted don't sometimes happen.

They are just not as common or normal as some with more skewed twisted views here like to believe
I don't even see how it is relevant how common it is. There are good men. There are good women. There are male DBs. There are female DBs. The goal is to be a good <whatever you are> and find a good <whatever you are looking for>. If you run into relationship issues with your otherwise good person, learn how to solve them. I don't see the point to men do this and women do that mindset. That there are genetic prediliction differences, I get. But men do this and women do that? Just useless.

Old 09-13-2012, 10:55 AM

49 posts, read 51,518 times
LMAO, LMAO...

Well, glad to see that you have a great sense of humor.

Yes, you calling my post "fishy" rubbed me the wrong way being these sort of FB likes are pretty common.

With all respect, I wasn't saying your relationship with your husband is bad (maybe you're one of the lucky ones). I was only stating that I have seen women that come across as though everything in their relationship is great, but later on, they seen another side they hate they ever seen.

I knew a man in his 60s who was secretly messing around with other men - for over 25 years. His wife of over 40 years didn't have a clue.

I used to work on a talk line. Plenty of well-respected men in high positions would call, revealing their sick fantasies and things they have tried out, behind their wives back. They called, because they needed someone to share that other life they lived with.

All in all, I sincerely do hope your relationship is as great as you say it is. My only point was: I've seen many of cases where the relationship was the complete opposite of what one party thought it was.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
You are exactly right! My husband often disappears for weeks, months, years at a time - and I never question him because I'm too simple to think of a question! In fact - I haven't seen him for a few months now - but he said he was going to the store so I'm sure that the line is just reeeeallllyyy long.

Lol!

Old 09-13-2012, 10:56 AM

45,217 posts, read 100,729,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by somebodynew View Post
I don't even see how it is relevant how common it is. There are good men. There are good women. There are male DBs. There are female DBs. The goal is to be a good <whatever you are> and find a good <whatever you are looking for>. If you run into relationship issues with your otherwise good person, learn how to solve them. I don't see the point to men do this and women do that mindset. That there are genetic prediliction differences, I get. But men do this and women do that? Just useless.
Exactly - there are good and bad people of both genders in this world, and all intelligent reasonable folks know that.

The only time how common or normal something is is "relevant" is when you are talking to misogynists or man-haters
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships